IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day Thread

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Not really, Tammy is a talent but still a punt to allow him to lead the front line but he did that remarkably and no reason that LJ can't do this again next season along with strengthening a couple of other positions

A disaster would've been relegation... but I guess you needed to vent after weeks of decent results.

of course he is a realist, it's you that is not.

Gary Owers and even SL and several callers have all said that this summer there is a lot of mistakes/problems that clearly need addressing, that is the realism of our position.

I could not be happier that we stayed in the championship but please do not try to claim that all is hunky dory and today sums our season up in a nutshell.

I think a majority of fans believe that LJ still has it all to prove next season and more excuses or bullshit

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Better than being a moaning barsteward, week in week out! Probably live a little longer to be slightly positive rather than stressing out about LJ or the supposed overlord!

I'm pretty old dude :)  and on the whole an extremely positive person...... but I do get ya :)

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Sounded rubbish, if they can't lift themselves for the biggest crowd in 30 years at home in the last game of the season.

"Sounded"? So are you another constant critic who doesn't actually go to matches?

It wasn't great but it was close. They nicked one of their chances and we didn't.

Edited by Leveller
1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Gary Owers and even SL and several callers have all said that this summer there is a lot of mistakes/problems that clearly need addressing, that is the realism of our position.

I could not be happier that we stayed in the championship but please do not try to claim that all is hunky dory and today sums our season up in a nutshell.

I think a majority of fans believe that LJ still has it all to prove next season and more excuses or bullshit

Think that is a very fair summary, certainly of where I am. Just think I am not inclined to read very much at all in to today's result. Bham did what we did at Brighton (in fairness I was listening rather than there), got an early goal and then defended for their lives in the second half.

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

When did I say everything is hunky dory? 

I said it's been An inconsistent and frustrating season but not a disaster. Plenty to work on but there are positives to take but keep up the boring pot shots if it makes you happy

Edited by Emperor Palpatine
2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

"Sounded"? So are you another constant critic who doesn't actually go to matches?

It wasn't great but it was close. They nicked one of their chances and we didn't.

Did I say I was there?

Mostly go to away games thanks.

9 minutes ago, Leveller said:

What chances did we have - I don't remember any. One shot on target. Terrible performance by us but thankfully it didn't matter. I expect next season to be a massive struggle without Tammy. He was clearly saying goodbye at the end today.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

According to SL we came through this season with flying colours.

Anyone care to guess which colours? An omnishambles saved by Tammy Abraham to whom I wish the very best.

But it could be worse - we could be owned by the Venkys or the Oystons :o I think Steve Lansdown is wrong about LJ, but what do I know? Other than that SL loves Bristol City FC, that is

• Like 2

We cannot fulfil promises made either this coming summer or the last one with a season loan. That much was obvious last year and we did set to rectifying that.  Huge sums were spent  (And paid back with the Kodge sale) but the players that cash was spent on lost confidence far too soon and just about all of them didn't have the confidence paid back to invigorate them, rightly or wrongly. A bit more patience with any one of the lineup experiments a month sooner and things could have been more comfortable near the end, the nut is that when LJ pretty much spells out that none of the fringe guys are safe regardless of how they play, why should they care?

52 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Shocked by some of the bed wetting going on after today's result.

A lot has been disappointing this season and much to improve for sure. Would have been nice to finish on a high, but just the way the cookie crumbled today, for us and Brentford.

Whatever has gone wrong this season, today barely registers.

Ideal opportunity to carry on the momentum ready for next year

Biggest crowd in how long 

And most of the side weren't too interested today 

Thats what jacked me off personally , bottling challenges or not even bothering challenging at all and only about three players actually wanted the ball

Poor , however you want to dress it up

15 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

When did I say everything is hunky dory? 

I said it's been An inconsistent and frustrating season but not a disaster. Plenty to work on but there are positives to take but keep up the boring pot shots if it makes you happy

Grow up, no pot shots from me, for the umpteenth time my reality is I was unimpressed with his original appointment but I was won over by last seasons upturn and this seasons start but now I wonder whether he has the ability to deliver consistency, it's something that does not appear in his record, it's pretty much good runs or piss poor runs, I am not expecting a huge upturn next season, but for me the minimum is mid table flirting with the play offs but nowhere near a relegation spot, so in actuality a modest improvement in consistency is all that is needed that is not a pot shot that is reality and a reality that is a reality that all BCFC should be able to agree upon.

The questions were about reality and the number 1 reality LJ is the luckiest manager in the 92 league clubs to still have a job and now he has a summer transfer window, pre season, a second transfer and loan window to actually prove that he is up to the job.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Grow up, no pot shots from me, for the umpteenth time my reality is I was unimpressed with his original appointment but I was won over by last seasons upturn and this seasons start but now I wonder whether he has the ability to deliver consistency, it's something that does not appear in his record, it's pretty much good runs or piss poor runs, I am not expecting a huge upturn next season, but for me the minimum is mid table flirting with the play offs but nowhere near a relegation spot, so in actuality a modest improvement in consistency is all that is needed that is not a pot shot that is reality and a reality that is a reality that all BCFC should be able to agree upon.

The questions were about reality and the number 1 reality LJ is the luckiest manager in the 92 league clubs to still have a job and now he has a summer transfer window, pre season, a second transfer and loan window to actually prove that he is up to the job.

No it's not a case of 'grow up'. I've seen some of your other posts falsely implying that other posters have said this and that when it's evident they didn't.. again where did I claim everything is hunky dory? That's my main gripe with your post.

I agree that there is level of consistency needed but it isn't exactly the end of the world but then I already said this which you chose to ignore.

Yes LJ is a lucky man but he deserves plaudits for the end of season form like he deserved criticism for the abysmal run of form.

1 hour ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I never said you did call him out, I was simply saying that the result is likely to spark further calls from fans to oust out Johnson, nothing to do with you personally, keep your hair on of you have any.

Ha ha! Desperate backtrack there....you responded to @Esmond Million's Bung 's post about our inconsistent season saying "What's this then? Fresh calls for Johnson out again is it?"

Then you try to say you didn't aim that at EMB....strange, but then again, you are 'Crazy in Weston'....

It's been a long tiresome season both on the pitch and on here....I'm looking forward to a break now...but for the record, I'd love to see a new Manager in place well in time for next season....we only just avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth despite spending zillions of pounds on zillions of players and now MA/LJ are saying they want a 'smaller, tight knit squad' - so why did they sign so many players this season then?! Clueless...

Enjoy the close season 'Crazy'...

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ideal opportunity to carry on the momentum ready for next year

Biggest crowd in how long 

And most of the side weren't too interested today 

Thats what jacked me off personally , bottling challenges or not even bothering challenging at all and only about three players actually wanted the ball

Poor , however you want to dress it up

Soo disappointing in that display, biggest crowd in yonks, on a good run, more or less unchanged side, against a poor opponent, even if we had still lost I expected soo much more than that.. A real let down.

• Like 1
Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ha ha! Desperate backtrack there....you responded to @Esmond Million's Bung 's post about our inconsistent season saying "What's this then? Fresh calls for Johnson out again is it?"

Then you try to say you didn't aim that at EMB....strange, but then again, you are 'Crazy in Weston'....

It's been a long tiresome season both on the pitch and on here....I'm looking forward to a break now...but for the record, I'd love to see a new Manager in place well in time for next season....we only just avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth despite spending zillions of pounds on zillions of players and now MA/LJ are saying they want a 'smaller, tight knit squad' - so why did they sign so many players this season then?! Clueless...

OMG What are you on about? What backtracking? As I tried to explain to EMB I wasnt attacking him directly, it was a play on the lines over what he has said over the fact that many people NOT EMB would use to call for Johnson out.

FFS why are people so literal!! 

**** this, maybe I should quote NO ONE in future cos they MAY get the wrong end of the stick! Can I just say one more time, EMB said it was a shambles of a season and he said something of todays result. I only quoted him saying ohhhh whats this, more people gonna call him out now arent they!! (Johnson) - it wasnt a direct attack at EMB for $£$^'ing hells sake!

Totally Meh today but can't be surprised. City lads are already packing their cases for Marbella/Vegas/Ibiza or wherever they plan on going...

The ellusive 3rd window is beckoning. Little/Wilbs will be gone. Tomlin maybe also on loan. O'Neil too.

New superkid aka Tammy mk2 coming from Chelsea but probably a midfielder/defender, not a striker. 1 RB, 1 goalie, 1 striker. Minimum. Expect to see a couple of wingers too.

We lost today. It happens. Life goes on. 

More importantly, we survived.

Edited by Septic Peg
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Because the squad was light and was full of loans man... I think its well documented last season that in the close season we really needed to beef up the squad plus I barely witnessed a murmur of LJ/MA being clueless in the summer and many gave credit for the business we did.

Players like Tomlin, Matthews (based on their excellent performances last season) and O'Neil have been huge let downs this season, the supposed senior players were appalling and let the manager and the rest of the team down . Whats been positive that the players for the first team, is Brownhill, O'Dowda, Wright have all improved or performed well, Taylor has been decent in contribution and works hard plus 300k is peanuts in todays market, obviously Tammy has been fantastic but thats also down to the coaching staff helping develop the immense talent he has over the season. A few you would say the jury is still out on some but for me Magnusson and Moore will be great signings given the chance next season and I'm sure we'll add to it but just strengthen where it needs to be strengthened.. full backs and a striker.

For me overall? Decent business

Side note:- 26 players in the squad including some from the academy... about right? I personally would say so

Edited by Emperor Palpatine
7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Totally Meh today but can't be surprised. City lads are already packing their cases for Marbella/Vegas/Ibiza or wherever they plan on going...

The ellusive 3rd window is beckoning. Little/Wilbs will be gone. Tomlin maybe also on loan. O'Neil too.

New superkid aka Tammy mk2 coming from Chelsea but probably a midfielder/defender, not a striker. 1 RB, 1 goalie, 1 striker. Minimum. Expect to see a couple of wingers too.

We lost today. It happens. Life goes on. 

More importantly, we survived.

Good news then on that score, shame about Wilbs... what a model professional he is and has been for us

• Like 1