IGNORED

Who will leave for pastures new ?

Major Isewater

Wilbraham, I believe is out of contract and may want more playing time at a lower level before he hangs up his boots. Wigan would seem a likely destination.

Little, hard to call but I think he will go even if City offer him a new contract.

I suspect that Flinty may get an offer him and City can't refuse . I could see him at Bournemouth, West Brom or Burnley.

Pack could be a surprise mover . He is a Mick McCarthy type player and may just fancy a change of scenery . ( Swap with Skuse :blink:

What do you lot think ? 

I thought this was a thread about the LJ exodus crew on here.

As for the those few.... Pretty sure 4 out the 12 of the boycotters will be watching either Yate, Mangos or Manor Farmers for a couple months, then either come back or take up a new short time hobby. The other 8 will quietly clamber back and watch City regardless. :whistle:

As for the players off:

Giefer

O'Neil

Tomlin

Cotterill

Matthews

Wilbs

And regrettably Flint, who is the best player we have contracted at this club.

41 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Wilbraham, I believe is out of contract and may want more playing time at a lower level before he hangs up his boots. Wigan would seem a likely destination.

Little, hard to call but I think he will go even if City offer him a new contract.

I suspect that Flinty may get an offer him and City can't refuse . I could see him at Bournemouth, West Brom or Burnley.

Pack could be a surprise mover . He is a Mick McCarthy type player and may just fancy a change of scenery . ( Swap with Skuse :blink:

What do you lot think ? 

That swap would be very much to our disadvantage, so it would have to be plus a hell of a lot of cash.

Could easily see Skuse returning though - popular upstairs and quite possibly always earmarked to return in a similar way to LJ - but it would be a retrograde step on the playing side imo.

If it was in exchange for Pack it would be a doubly poor move with a much older player replacing a better and younger player of a similar type, and I'm sure City wouldn't be interested in signing Cole Skuse at all at this stage but for his past history here.

A past history that ended in prolonged stagnation and CS refusing a new contract - only at City would a return be mooted!

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Or if they go down - Mark Little & Wilbs spring to mind there, maybe Bobby Reid too.

Good shout with Little whether they go down or not. Cotts sort of buccaneering player and a Midlander

As for Bobby Reid I don't reckon he'd have been kept on at AG if Cotts had stayed, so very unlikely he'd move for him imo., but you never know if they go down.

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think anyone from the Cotts era is probably under threat. Except Korey I'd hope... I still rate him as our best player. Getting rid of him would be unforgivable. 

Let's get all of the double winning side , staff and supporters out of the club!

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think anyone from the Cotts era is probably under threat. Except Korey I'd hope... I still rate him as our best player. Getting rid of him would be unforgivable. 

Really? He's nowhere near up to it anymore. No room for sentiment. If he can find his old form then great, if not needs to be shipped out with many many others.

Just now, Chairman Mao said:

Tomlin is a skillful player, no place for him under LJ.

Tomlin was abysmal today, too slow moving the ball, gave it away and thought he could walk through their defence 

Not a future for him at AG I fear

Absolutely not. A full international is not going to stay as a reserve player at Bristol City, the same applies to Magnusson. Also, these two are accustomed to great coaching at national (Italy) and international level and are not accepting Lee's ineptitude. They're both off.

6 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Unlikely

Absolutely not. A full international is not going to stay as a reserve player at Bristol City, the same applies to Magnusson. Also, these two are accustomed to great coaching at national (Italy) and international level and are not accepting Lee's ineptitude. They're both off.

Just now, Benni said:

A full international that was playing in the second division in Italy. 

Magnusson not even on the bench. I said it in another thread, I reckon he's had big interest and we've kept him fit so we can probably triple the fee we paid. 

Tomlin please sell back to Boro. Don't care if he wins player of the year there. He won't do it here. 

All the loans can go back. Little and Wilbs thanks for the 3 years but not offering new deals. Golbourne if we can sell can go same for GON. 

Then there are fringe ones that I don't mind if we keep or let go. Hegeler, Reid and Engvall are those. 

We've got a nice core of young players and I'd rather us focus on them. Add 3-4 starting calibre players at some key positions like striker, right back and centre mid and go from there. 

LJ knows his squad is to big. 

However who is in contract (all bar two) and who will we have offers for. The wild card is who will step up from u23/dev. Those guys always seem to be overlooked on here. 

Who goes on what they used to term the transfer list that has a contract is the question. 

My thought is Wilbo is the kind of bloke LJ would want around in some capacity. Player coach or something

The loans can all leave. Matthews, Giefer, Cotterill, will not be back IMO and have we seen the last of one for the future Engval?

Skuse LJs big mate so don't rule that out. I'm not hopeful of having Tammy but not given up all hope yet. A forward will be a must and it does not look likely it will be Engval, so who is out there for loan/purchase  

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

What do you lot think ? 

don't see him at Bournemouth, but wouldn't rule out a possible to to work for Big Sam....Flint is just his type of player

Archived