IGNORED

Lee Mason

GrahamC

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

We were poor. Let's just throw that out there. That said, worst referee performance I have ever seen. Clearly favouring Birmingham and that's what a big name manager can bring you. 

Agree we were poor, but the ref definitely stopped us gaining any momentum 

Just now, tinman85 said:

Lee Masons performance was a disgrace. Rather than investigate Huddersfield for last week I suggest they investigate Harry's mate in the middle today.

We are too nice and won't even suggest that was the case I imagine. Imagine if Warnock was our coach, do you think he'd have just walked off at HT? No he'd have been in the refs ear and bought a few calls second half. 

3 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

There was a few in the middle of park that just completely stopped the game. Also what a ******* ***** Thomas Kuskak is. Doing little star jumps before his kick and only got booked in the 94th minute.

Tbf, if it was us I hope we would do the same. Was a joke it took that long to get booked 

Yep he was absolutely dreadful. Brum were cynical and completely ruined the flow of the game, the keeper especially, but Mason just let them get away with it without doing a thing about it. 

That said, we just never got going. We were really poor today. 

I thought Birmingham we worth their win but, and I'm quite sure on this, that was the worst refereeing performance I've seen at AG. He had a shocker, at best! At worst, that was blatant favouritism! Leaves a sour taste!!!

Just now, mrevans said:

I thought Birmingham we worth their win but, and I'm quite sure on this, that was the worst refereeing performance I've seen at AG. He had a shocker, at best! At worst, that was blatant favouritism! Leaves a sour taste!!!

I agree with this as we were poor today but Mason epitomises everything I hate about the Prem. I wanted to watch a game of football, not that pr1ck! 

Awful, awful refereeing performance.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What can you do when the other team have the massive advantage of being able to do whatever they like to us in the box. I can't believe the standards of refereeing seem to be getting even worse. Today reminded me of warnock and Rotherham last season. Not only the bear hugs, headlocks or however else they fancied fouling us in the box, but the time wasting was on another level to anything else I've ever seen. And to only add 6 minutes when there were 6 subs in total, 3 very slow ones by them. And all the time wasting, faking of injuries, quite incredible. Ruined what could have been an entertaining last game of the season. Something has to be done about weak referees like that clown today. How could we not get a penalty when he is looking straight at players throwing our players to the ground.

And he blew up a full minute before he should have. 

Could tell he wasn't a normal championship ref. Had all the little hand signals telling players to get up or that there wasn't a foul. When it came to actually reffing the game he didn't know what he was doing. Linesman had to call when Tammy got clattered but other than that he wasn't much better either. One set of throw in they gained probably 30 yards by walking up the line. Linesman didn't call offside then Wright handled the ball and was penalised. 

Our performance with the ref teams performance has put me in a foul mood. Thankfully I can be stress free for a few months now

If I've ever been to a game where it was suspected the ref had been given a 'bung' then today was it. In fairness we were not really on our game but the refereeing was the most one-sided that I've ever seen

I thought Gardner who took all of the set pieces for them was p***ed, as for some reason he couldn't walk in a straight line whenever he went to take one of them. If Mason would have booked the keeper 10 mins in to the second half, when he should have done, us paying customers may have seen the ball in play for an extra 5 minutes or so.

Disgrace. If ever there was a game that proved the old adage that the best refs are the one you don't notice then that was it.

Whats the point of waiting til the 90th minute to book the keeper who's been wasting time since the 30th? 

Dont yellow cards get wiped at the end of the season? In which case, just what's the point of brandishing one after the final whistle, other than to just say 'look at me'. 

Just about to post same as cityexile: how can you book players for time wasting and then not add on any more time.

Tammy gets his foot stamped on and pushed in the face, all at that same time, and the linesman has to give it.

high and mighty and right up his own arse, hope its the last time we see a refereeing performance like that. But it probably won't be.

15 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

If I've ever been to a game where it was suspected the ref had been given a 'bung' then today was it. In fairness we were not really on our game but the refereeing was the most one-sided that I've ever seen

Exactly my thoughts during the game.

Archived