IGNORED

Lee Mason

GrahamC

Just now, RedM said:

Got to agree with everything on here, I've put similar in another thread. All you can ask is a Ref is that he knows the rules and applies them fairly. He didn't seem to be able to do either. He wouldn't let the game flow which made a frustrating spectacle, with him wanting to be involved in every move.

Surely he would have to explain some (most) of his decisions to his accessor, and if he can't he must be as guilty of match fixing as any player ever has been. In fact more so as he can really influence a game. 

The system and the assessors are bent if he gets away with that. 

I know an ex-prem assessor and he'd make sure that **** was put on gardening leave for that. 

Just now, miser said:

Suspect performance! 

I don't blame you for saying that.  There were moments when he was so off the mark that you had to wonder what was behind it, but what really got to me was his pretence of warning Birmingham about time wasting, which they completely ignored and which he did absolutely nothing about until he booked the keeper.  Up until then Birmingham were showing complete contempt by simply ignoring his 'warnings', and he didn't seem to mind a bit.  I've seen worse decisions before, but I find it hard to remember seeing a refereed be so consistently wrong throughout the whole match.  Very suspect if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Apparently Jeff Stelling mentioned he wasn't fit to refereee Championship football?

Indeed he did but not quite as pointed as that. He did say that he appeared to be favouring Birmingham and was querying how Clayton Donaldson was getting so many free kicks despite not being fouled.

Awful refereeing performance. The constant time wasting was unbearable and the foul for Joe Bryan's shoulder charge wouldn't have been given in many other games - then he uses that foul as part of the reason to book him a minute later!

Played advantage on a foul on Tomlin, only for there to be none and not give the free kick.

BBC match reported cited a potential penalty for handball, although I've not seen a replay.

Just awful.

Worst I have seen this season.

We were not really on it, first half especially but he ruined what could have been an interesting game. When there was that appalling tackle on Tammy early doors and he did little that set the tone. Shameful display... 

Birmingham themselves look a desperate side. They had **** all going for them but his shall we say leniency helped them no end.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Worst I have seen this season.

We were not really on it, first half especially but he ruined what could have been an interesting game. When there was that appalling tackle on Tammy early doors and he did little that set the tone. Shameful display... 

Birmingham themselves look a desperate side. They had **** all going for them but his shall we say leniency helped them no end.

Didn't even think that he gave a free kick until he realised how badly Tammy was hurt.

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Just a thought... i wonder is Harry Redknapp and Lee Mason are both masons 

You scratch my back  etc etc

I wouldn't have a surprised expression if someone told me that was true. 

57 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And about 15 mins after being warned , followed by about a dozen further instances of piss taking time wasting , before finally being booked

Youre a joke Mason

And continuing to take the piss straight after his card.

A decent ref would've sent him off. That really would've put the shits up them!

Just got back home from the game. Have to agree with everything said here. Flint essentially got gangbanged at the edge of the Brum box just before half time by 3 of their defenders, and yep absolutely nothing given other than a overdramatic waving of arms to suggest no foul. Said to the bloke sitting next to me in the Landsdown that the "ref" was not going to be happy unless he got Birmingham a second goal. 

Clearly a close personal friend of Harry.

Archived