IGNORED

Poor show

Langford Red

That was dire , a full house , no pressure and half the side if not more on coast / casual / sloppy mode

Dreadful waste of an opportunity to put on a show for a full house

If I had a £ for every challenge we bottled a season ticket would be paid for

We even let them boss the after match stuff !!!

Oh well

8 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

If we needed to win that game we would have

Lack lustre display

We didn't do a job today and I feel very disappointed with the players. They had the chance to thank us for our support during what has been a season to forget. Thought we were very poor. Glad we stayed up but lots of work to do in the summer. We need better quality. 

This is the club's problem. Too nice and not willing to grind every single weekend. It doesn't speak very highly to me about next season. Not the right mindset at all. I wasn't surprised when Tomlin was coasting so I don't know why he come on. Too many players doing it though. Korey and Marlon weren't awful but weren't as sharp as when it mattered(to them, all games matter to us what they need to realise). Paterson, Taylor, Bryan, Wright, Flint, Brownhill as well. Not so poor quality wise but didn't want to get stuck in and just weren't in it. Unacceptable at this level. We look at teams down towards the bottom 8 who could push top 6 next year, it's not us with a performance like that. Wolves are that sort of team though. Got out of it and stayed professional. Beat a good Preston team today. 

38 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

This is the club's problem. Too nice and not willing to grind every single weekend. It doesn't speak very highly to me about next season. Not the right mindset at all. I wasn't surprised when Tomlin was coasting so I don't know why he come on. Too many players doing it though. Korey and Marlon weren't awful but weren't as sharp as when it mattered(to them, all games matter to us what they need to realise). Paterson, Taylor, Bryan, Wright, Flint, Brownhill as well. Not so poor quality wise but didn't want to get stuck in and just weren't in it. Unacceptable at this level. We look at teams down towards the bottom 8 who could push top 6 next year, it's not us with a performance like that. Wolves are that sort of team though. Got out of it and stayed professional. Beat a good Preston team today. 

Agree - that sloppy mentality back and we looked ..... a shambles

for most of the game

A truly dismal performance and so typical of what we had to suffer between October and Early March.

No pride in their performance or their club and sums up what we have to look forward to next season. And if that was playing to instructions from Supercoach then I really do fear for us having the same struggle yet again. A good and positive coach would have sent us out to have a real go at Brum in the first twenty minutes, get a goal and watch them disintegrate while trying to get back into the game.

We let ourselves and our club down badly today but even more, we demeaned ourselves with other clubs, because we did not give 100% as we should have.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

A truly dismal performance and so typical of what we had to suffer between October and Early March.

No pride in their performance or their club and sums up what we have to look forward to next season. And if that was playing to instructions from Supercoach then I really do fear for us having the same struggle yet again. A good and positive coach would have sent us out to have a real go at Brum in the first twenty minutes, get a goal and watch them disintegrate while trying to get back into the game.

We let ourselves and our club down badly today but even more, we demeaned ourselves with other clubs, because we did not give 100% as we should have.

Thought we might come out better after h/t but we were as bad if not worse !!!!

No urgency , no tempo , players hiding , too many not interested

People can give it the 'understandable' 'season over' all they like but for me , that wasn't acceptable in terms of effort or professionalism and a poor response to a full house

Worrying IMHO , final game or not

A reminder these players play when they want to / decide to - worrying

No leader on or off the pitch - particularly on it - no one was geeing us up,out there and most spent the afternoon bickering and moaning at each other

Yes it's not acceptable - but we are safe and they were playing for their Championship status.  There has to be something said more about human psychology here than just frustrated football fans expressing their frustration.  I remember Man Utd losing games to inferior teams under Fergie, once they won the league.  

Both Hartlepool and Newport won yesterday, Forest and Blackburn both won today and Swansea beat Everton.  Palace thought they were safe and got battered, having beaten Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

There's still huge question marks re LJ and the squad imo but why are people using today as a serious barometer?

Some supporters would've liked to send Brum down - myself included.  Professional footballers do not tend to have such a childish psyche in that respect.  None were out for revenge.  It was a chill out dead rubber.  

24 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

It seems to me that LJ has no motivational skills whatsoever.  And that would aappear to have been the trouble most of the season.

I suppose you'd be saying the same about chis houghton if you were a brighton fan what with 1 point in 9.

1 hour ago, Red Bill said:

It seems to me that LJ has no motivational skills whatsoever.  And that would aappear to have been the trouble most of the season.

You might be right  You might be wrong about LJ

All i will say is If your players need motivating all the time you are on a loser

Good pro's will be motivated to succeed what ever sport they are playing

Freddie Flintoff didn't believe in motivation speeches.  If you're not motivated playing for England in the Ashes at Lords you can leave now.  He loves Cricket.

Bobby Robson said at Newcastle: How do you make millionaires run if they don't want to?

Football's brought this on itself.

1 hour ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Yes it's not acceptable - but we are safe and they were playing for their Championship status.  There has to be something said more about human psychology here than just frustrated football fans expressing their frustration.  I remember Man Utd losing games to inferior teams under Fergie, once they won the league.  

Both Hartlepool and Newport won yesterday, Forest and Blackburn both won today and Swansea beat Everton.  Palace thought they were safe and got battered, having beaten Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

There's still huge question marks re LJ and the squad imo but why are people using today as a serious barometer?

Some supporters would've liked to send Brum down - myself included.  Professional footballers do not tend to have such a childish psyche in that respect.  None were out for revenge.  It was a chill out dead rubber.  

And don't forget we beat Champions Liverpool in 1977 - because we had to.

An odd game, broken up at every opportunity by the Ref who had no control on the game. The worst Ref I've seen in a while. 

Anyway, whilst I would have liked to see Brum relegated I doubt if the club, police, stewards etc wanted the aftermath of having a relegated team in our stands and the surrounding area. 

3 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

If the roles were reversed, Brum would have been up for it and relegated us 

No grounds at all to say this, we would have beaten them I'm sure , this is the brummie side that weren't ' up for it ' for months under Zola.

3 hours ago, tts_city said:

Thats the last end of season dead rubber match im ever going to.

After the Brighton result this was nailed on to happen Brum cruise past a Huddersfield reserve team even missing a penalty have Adam's sent off straight red card but win their appeal and boom comes back and scores the winner.

Didn't bother to get a ticket or even listen today as Brum were  never going to lose  seen us huff and puff against them too many times and they always grind out a win we are the sort of team they love to play .  

Glad I did not renew ... that performance was dire and a waste of a lovely Sunday. I thought the highlight was SC getting the send off he deserved... i was disgusted that he got very little acknowledgement in the programme. All in all a horrible season... glad it is over. 

1 hour ago, MarkRed! said:

Glad I did not renew ... that performance was dire and a waste of a lovely Sunday. I thought the highlight was SC getting the send off he deserved... i was disgusted that he got very little acknowledgement in the programme. All in all a horrible season... glad it is over. 

Yes it seems obvious that he just didn't conform to  S.L's plans for the club things turned sour and he was the fall guy,but nothing can take away the fact the only league title i've ever seen BCFC win came under his tenure good luck to him.

As you say it has been a horrible disappointing pig of a season.

Archived