IGNORED

Lap of honour

fanjita

1 hour ago, fanjita said:

What a joke, players left the pitch pretty quick at the end presumably to reemerge with their wives/girlfriends and kids, by which time the stadium was half empty, perhaps someone can say whether this happened or not.

And why oh why was Tammy not substituted with a minute to go so he could get a proper standing ovation from a full house, for me, his farewell was more important than the result today, really poor management in my opinion.

And why do they have to bring their wives and kids anyway? We pick them for their football skills, not their fertility - don't we?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

To some degree - Not when the players did their walk round - embarrassing how few left by then

I stayed. I suppose some people would rather get away quickly than take 10 minutes out of their lives to wait and give their thanks to Tammy. Their loss Bob.

I was also pleased that Cotts got a fantastic reception from those of us left.

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

I stayed. I suppose some people would rather get away quickly than take 10 minutes out of their lives to wait and give their thanks to Tammy. Their loss Bob.

I was also pleased that Cotts got a fantastic reception from those of us left.

Agree - can't work out why everyone was in such a rush to leave

Cotts got more of an ovation than our players (Save Tammy)

57 minutes ago, 42nite said:

And leave us with 10 players on the pitch for 6 minutes of injury time?

Laughable!

Not laughable. LJ made the decisions today, the substitutions didn't exactly change the game did they? Could have left one for Tammy to get the recognition he deserved. The only player, without whom we probably wouldn't have stayed up this season, the only player who came over to talk to the fans after our worst performances, while the rest ran off almost as fast as LJ did.

With nothing resting on this game for us, saving one sub for this would have gone down well in a shite season.

I saw the lap of honour I wanted and that was SC. Absolute travesty that the club gave him no mention today. As soon as he had done the West Stand/Atyeo I went. I have no interest in clapping players and a manager that have seriously under achieved. 

Just now, Cider_boy said:

Not laughable. LJ made the decisions today, the substitutions didn't exactly change the game did they? Could have left one for Tammy to get the recognition he deserved. The only player, without whom we probably wouldn't have stayed up this season, the only player who came over to talk to the fans after our worst performances, while the rest ran off almost as fast as LJ did.

With nothing resting on this game for us, saving one sub for this would have gone down well in a shite season.

Hindsight eh?

Just now, 42nite said:

Hindsight eh?

no not f88king hindsight. This was the only game we have started this season safe of relegation. This was the only game that had nothing resting on it for us, and also Tammy's last game for us.

How does that involve hindsight?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree - can't work out why everyone was in such a rush to leave

Cotts got more of an ovation than our players (Save Tammy)

Maybe they didn't want to be left behind by the AG buses? It's a long walk to Knowle.

Glad to hear that Cotts got the ovation he deserved though :)

Just now, Cider_boy said:

no not f88king hindsight. This was the only game we have started this season safe of relegation. This was the only game that had nothing resting on it for us, and also Tammy's last game for us.

How does that involve hindsight?

"LJ made the decisions today, the substitutions didn't exactly change the game did they? Could have left one for Tammy to get the recognition he deserved."

That's how.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally agree - they couldn't even be arsed to say that the players would come back out , let Birmingham dance around for half an hour and people just gave up

What a shambles 

Disagree about subbing Tammy but get your point , never got the send off he deserved

Remind me who warned that Tammy wouldn't get the send-off he deserved at full time because of Brum fans celebrating/moaning on the pitch...

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

?

Lost me Aizoon 

I said that Tammy should be subbed near the end to receive the fans' appreciation because Brum fans would be on the pitch at the end regardless of the result. Was I wrong?

What a joke, players left the pitch pretty quick at the end presumably to reemerge with their wives/girlfriends and kids, by which time the stadium was half empty, perhaps someone can say whether this happened or not.

And why oh why was Tammy not substituted with a minute to go so he could get a proper standing ovation from a full house, for me, his farewell was more important than the result today, really poor management in my opinion.

Do you think Tammy would have wanted to come off? I don't as I think the opportunity to score goals is more important to him. 

damned if you do, damned if you don't. LJ would have been murdered if he'd subbed Tammy! 

Just now, Aizoon said:

I said that Tammy should be subbed near the end to receive the fans' appreciation because Brum fans would be on the pitch at the end regardless of the result. Was I wrong?

Ahhhhh ok

No - you were right - though LJ was absolutely right IMHO not to sub him - he was about the only player in a red shirt who looked like he cared (AGAIN)

It would also help if the ****** PA didn't completely spoil any attempt to get any atmosphere / songs going in the mins leading to kick off

Gets more like a poxy nightclub every season and DONT re read the line ups with the PA at + 400 decibels ,  in the couple of minutes before kickoff FFS :grr:

A full house would have created atmosphere - too much ******** music

Ahhhhh ok

No - you were right - though LJ was absolutely right IMHO not to sub him - he was about the only player in a red shirt who looked like he cared (AGAIN)

Agreed.  Perhaps Tammy didn't want to come off?  In his mind he wanted to score that last minute winner, and he might have been a bit miffed if LJ would have taken him off and denied him that opportunity.

He knows only too well how we have taken him to our hearts.

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ahhhhh ok

It would also help if the ****** PA didn't completely spoil any attempt to get any atmosphere / songs going in the mins leading to kick off

Gets more like a poxy nightclub every season and DONT re read the line ups with the PA at + 400 decibels ,  in the couple of minutes before kickoff FFS :grr:

A full house would have created atmosphere - too much ******** music

The whole PA thing needs to be rethought from scratch. People don't go to the football to listen to music ffs. Just need to know the starting line-up, read out the half-times, and then announce any scorers. THAT'S ALL WE BLOODY NEED. 

Just now, poland_exile said:

The whole PA thing needs to be rethought from scratch. People don't go to the football to listen to music ffs. Just need to know the starting line-up, read out the half-times, and then announce any scorers. THAT'S ALL WE BLOODY NEED. 

Listen to the atmosphere leading up to KO in the Forest Littlewoods Semi Final 

Not a PA or anyone trying to generate some plastic atmosphere in sight

Just now, poland_exile said:

Yep, the PA needs to be reactive. If fans aren't creating an atmosphere, play something, at a relatively low volume, that get them joining in, otherwise, just leave us fans to it.

Listen to the atmosphere leading up to KO in the Forest Littlewoods Semi Final 

Not a PA or anyone trying to generate some plastic atmosphere in sight

bang on - that's all the entertainment you need, not some failed DJ yelling around like a reject game show host. It's grossly patronizing that the club even think that that's what people want. 

Archived