IGNORED

No Class Lansdown

coxyboy

Happy to acknowledge the Rugby crowd yesterday as it suited. 

Obviousley still upset by the stick from the fans who wanted your chum out. Perhaps if your were not such an egotistical, stubborn prat....you would have thanked for the fans for lining your pockets oh and support...of course as you remind us it is your club

Just now, coxyboy said:

Obviousley still upset by the stick from the fans who wanted your chum out. Perhaps if your were not such an egotistical, stubborn prat....you would have thanked for the fans for lining your pockets oh and support...of course as you remind us it is your club

Say what you want, of course. But I don't think us football fans have done anything to line Steve Lansdown's pockets.

8 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Don't blame him considering the unwarranted personal abuse he recieved a few months ago.

Like he said, he's happy to take the brunt of the criticism but yet again on social media and on here, the amount of poisonous abuse he got was an absolute disgrace! People calling him childish names and just being plain spiteful is what you get off bitter Gas lags.

He may get things wrong decisions wise like everyone does but his investment and commitment to the club should not be questioned and certainly not abused

15 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Lining your pockets? Maybe you'd be happier lining the pockets of some plastic Chinese owner perhaps? 

Steve grew up watching the team, supported it through the years and now as a very successful businessman has invested a considerable sum of money into the club. Unfortunately too many people think the real game is the same as football manager where they have a right to succeed. 

Probably best you try to find a club more suited to your aspirations rather than a realistic team and owner who like most of us in our jobs sometime fail. 

Better the devil you know...

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Don't blame him considering the unwarranted personal abuse he recieved a few months ago.

Like he said, he's happy to take the brunt of the criticism but yet again on social media and on here, the amount of poisonous abuse he got was an absolute disgrace! People calling him childish names and just plain spiteful is what you get off bitter Gas lags.

He may get things wrong decisions wise like everyone does but his investment and commitment to the club should not be questioned and certainly not abused

Steves commitment and investment is 10 out of 10 unfortunately the decision making is much less than that.

Furthermore Steve says he wants to make City self sufficient but the stadium we have now was planned for 10 years ago by a different board before Steve commenced the Ashton Vale folly. 

And what is most important is Steve has entrusted our clubs future to a manager whose best ever finishing position is mid table in  League One.

Thank you for your commitment to the club as always this season, SL. Took stick for remaining loyal to LJ and you have proved yourself to have made the correct decision in the short-term. Hopefully LJ is backed well in the summer and we can push on next season to prove it right in the long-term.

I'm sure you're aware the vast majority of the support are proud to have you as owner.

Just now, NickJ said:

Steves commitment and investment is 10 out of 10 unfortunately the decision making is much less than that.

Furthermore Steve says he wants to make City self sufficient but the stadium we have now was planned for 10 years ago by a different board before Steve commenced the Ashton Vale folly. 

And what is most important is Steve has entrusted our clubs future to a manager whose best ever finishing position is mid table in  League One.

Circumstances dictated both of those clubs mind, cash strapped clubs... he did a decent job with both overall. You could argue that LJ isn't experienced enough but in his defence he has done decent overall since his appointment, I don't think bringing in a more experienced manager is a sure fire way off success. Both Cotterill and SO'D were seasoned veterans of management and fared abysmally at this level through differing reasons.

I agree that decision making is questionable and has been over the last 17 years but if he thinks that is best, he's not looking to jeopardise the club in anyway. I felt the abuse aimed at him was beyond OTT

10 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Like he said, he's happy to take the brunt of the criticism but yet again on social media and on here, the amount of poisonous abuse he got was an absolute disgrace! People calling him childish names and just being plain spiteful is what you get off bitter Gas lags.

Poisonous abuse? Are you that precious? A few words on the internet? Didn't even see much on here. Plenty of comments about him not knowing how to run a successful football club? That has been proven?  Maybe some angry comments after HIS idiotic comments. Can't help but think you're being a little dramatic.

12 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

has the abuse been poisonous? A lot of people are frustrated and disillusioned and have made it known, but unless I've missed something it's hardly as if he's been brutally hounded? surely a more sensible reaction would be to try and problem solve and trouble shoot, rather than burying his head in the sand? 

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Poisonous abuse? Are you that precious? A few words on the internet? Didn't even see much on here. Plenty of comments about him not knowing how to run a successful football club? That has been proven?  Maybe some angry comments after HIS idiotic comments. Can't help but think you're being a little dramatic.

Not really considering Lansdown himself came out with this on the local news, so no its not precious or over dramatic.. He said the abuse hurt him, you trying looking at his point of view... 

I think its the people who misinterpreted or just heard what they wanted to hear who are the precious ones, getting all offended on things he didn't say and that looks its possibly you included

Just now, poland_exile said:

has the abuse been poisonous? A lot of people are frustrated and disillusioned and have made it known, but unless I've missed something it's hardly as if he's been brutally hounded? surely a more sensible reaction would be to try and problem solve and trouble shoot, rather than burying his head in the sand? 

Yes, as above in the top paragraph

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Nick, you know as well as most of us do that SL is determined to have stability and sustainability at City. In order to achieve that he feels it necessary to have the same manger in place. He's has the negative experience of chopping and changing the manager and all the upheaval that causes. Change at the top but also changes within the coaching set up and so on.

Time will tell if LJ will turn out to be successful at City but SL has shown great trust in him - hence the 4 year contract.

Yes, as above in the top paragraph

but you don't specify what's been so poisonous. I realize I might be out of the loop, but this is news to me - as far as I know no-one has told him to die of nasty illness, sent him dog poo through the post, or hassled his kids. I realize that we all must have a different sense of what constitutes poisonous abuse but I can't help but feel there's been a bit of an over-reaction on your (and his) behalf. Many, many people are deeply disillusioned and have expressed such. As an owner, you have to expect the rough with the smooth, and you have to stand up and be man enough to listen to opinions that might not suit your own. You can't - or at least you shouldn't - just draw a line and announce I'm right, everyone else is wrong. 

There's a pic of LJ, SL and Keith Dawe doing the rounds on twitter. They are stood on the stage before The Wurzels came on.

LJ looks so uncomfortable surrounded by a few thousand City fans!

Great to see Keith feeling better too.

23 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing about Johnson but his best finish is 17th in the Championship.

Just now, poland_exile said:

but you don't specify what's been so poisonous. I realize I might be out of the loop, but this is news to me - as far as I know no-one has told him to die of nasty illness, sent him dog poo through the post, or hassled his kids. I realize that we all must have a different sense of what constitutes poisonous abuse but I can't help but feel there's been a bit of an over-reaction on your (and his) behalf. Many, many people are deeply disillusioned and have expressed such. As an owner, you have to expect the rough with the smooth, and you have to stand up and be man enough to listen to opinions that might not suit your own. You can't - or at least you shouldn't - just draw a line and announce I'm right, everyone else is wrong. 

I'm not just drawing 'a line' but go three months ago or so after his interview via the official site... look at the reactions on here, twitter, facebook and whatever social media outlets that there are. The abuse was ridiculous, the abuse at Johnson was ridiculous calling him a poison dwarf and so on. Like I said he already said he accepts the criticism and happy to bare the brunt of it, its fine for people being disillusioned and expressing their disappointment but if you believe there was no abuse towards him then its a case of having your head buried in the sand. 

My point is why did he go on the local TV news for an interview and say the abuse he has read on forums hurt him, do you believe he is making it up? There is criticism and then there is  OTT abuse. Poisnous abuse can be expressed by words not just actions especially these days through social media

I'm not just drawing 'a line' but go three months ago or so after his interview via the official site... look at the reactions on here, twitter, facebook and whatever social media outlets that there are. The abuse was ridiculous, the abuse at Johnson was ridiculous calling him a poison dwarf and so on. Like I said he already said he accepts the criticism and happy to bare the brunt of it, its fine for people being disillusioned and expressing their disappointment but if you believe there was no abuse towards him then its a case of having your head buried in the sand. 

My point is why did he go on the local TV news for an interview and say the abuse he has read on forums hurt him, do you believe he is making it up? There is criticism and then there is  OTT abuse. Poisnous abuse can be expressed by words not just actions especially these days through social media

i'm not denying there's been abuse, what i'm denying is that the abuse has somehow crossed into the realm of poison. Both LJ and SL have been in the game long enough to understand how it works, and i'm surprised they haven't grown thicker skin by now. 

Steve Lansdown has a lot of class.

He has communicated well with the fans all season, been on the radio or in front of a camera maybe 4 times.

His decision to stick by the manager vindicated.

His commitment unwavering.

He is due the questions that have been asked of him, of course, but he answered it by sticking with LJ and us staying up - the same questions will be asked next season if we struggle early on, rightly so. 

But some of the criticism, like the OP, is embarrassing. It's a disgrace to be honest, on a day when the Venky's take former premier league champions to the third division and Forest, former european champions, look set to go from one dodgy foreign owner who almost took them down, to another faceless businessman owner. 

Reality check. We are trying to build sustainably, which means it takes time, which means we invest in players and managers who will need time to progress us. 

2 season's back now in the Championship and building. Time to kick on again. Happy Holidays.

Words fail me. . . .

I do believe (well last time I looked), Steve Lansdown is human and therefore believe it or not will make the odd questionable decision.

What can not be in question is his continued commitment investment and loyalty to Bristol City Football Club.

Would you really prefer some faceless foreign owner with questionable resources and even more dubious credibility to buy the club?

I think not.

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

Words fail me. . . .

I do believe (well last time I looked), Steve Lansdown is human and therefore believe it or not will make the odd questionable decision.

What can not be in question is his continued commitment investment and loyalty to Bristol City Football Club.

Would you really prefer some faceless foreign owner with questionable resources and even more dubious credibility to buy the club?

I think not.

Na. the Venkys are already taken and doing a marrrrvellous job somewhere

Archived