IGNORED

No Class Lansdown

coxyboy

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nick, you know as well as most of us do that SL is determined to have stability and sustainability at City. In order to achieve that he feels it necessary to have the same manger in place. He's has the negative experience of chopping and changing the manager and all the upheaval that causes. Change at the top but also changes within the coaching set up and so on.

Time will tell if LJ will turn out to be successful at City but SL has shown great trust in him - hence the 4 year contract.

but he's the man who's responsible for some diabolical decisions that have resulted in the chopping and changing!!!  

'judge me on Tinnion' - lets not forget that gem.

His little press call post game was another bitter swipe at his critics, sad really, he's eroded a fair bit of goodwill with his '**** you, its my club' mentality.

Just now, Antman said:

but he's the man who's responsible for some diabolical decisions that have resulted in the chopping and changing!!!  

His little press call post game was another bitter swipe at his critics, sad really, he's eroded a fair bit of goodwill with his '**** you, its my club' mentality.

No doubt he's made some poor decisions when it comes appointing managers but he has realised through past experiences just how destabilising that can be and wants to avoid repeating past errors. Hence a four contract for LJ.

SL is a hugely successful man and also a very proud man and the criticism he's had does not sit well. It's a normal human reaction to react by making statements that counter that criticism and that's what SL has done.

Maybe it was inadvisable to make those remarks because now they've  stimulated even more criticism......

I'd have liked to have seen him on the pitch not on some small stage with some wannabe Wurzel-types. Then he could have thanked us all. Not just those who were able to stay behind and "celebrate".

Or was he that fat bloke in the white shell suit before the game. Devotion - **** me. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No doubt he's made some poor decisions when it comes appointing managers but he has realised through past experiences just how destabilising that can be and wants to avoid repeating past errors. Hence a four contract for LJ.

SL is a hugely successful man and also a very proud man and the criticism he's had does not sit well. It's a normal human reaction to react by making statements that counter that criticism and that's what SL has done.

Maybe it was inadvisable to make those remarks because now they've  stimulated even more criticism......

my worry is that having made some poor decisions and consequently chopped and changed, for him to go 180 degrees and stick with the manager come what may as a reaction to that past experience, is a little scary - given that the manager he's sticking with very, very nearly took us down despite a huge transfer war chest. Sticking with a bad decision isn't much better than chopping and changing surely?

As fans we've had a lot of guff and PR shoved down our necks about supporting the club etc etc - so when they don't deliver in return what else can he expect but a fairly angry backlash? I also think he's hardly had it bad.

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

Lining his pockets ?

That alone makes that post laughable.

And naive, not to mention stupid.

Sod it, I'll mention stupid - because it is an especially stupid post.

What's the old line ?

Q. How do you make a small fortune from owning a football club?

A. Start out with a bloody big one!

4 hours ago, williamsredngrey said:

Lining your pockets? Maybe you'd be happier lining the pockets of some plastic Chinese owner perhaps? 

Steve grew up watching the team, supported it through the years and now as a very successful businessman has invested a considerable sum of money into the club. Unfortunately too many people think the real game is the same as football manager where they have a right to succeed. 

Probably best you try to find a club more suited to your aspirations rather than a realistic team and owner who like most of us in our jobs sometime fail. 

Better the devil you know...

Sorry but he did not grow up watching the City. He didn't go to a game at City until Des Williams, a customer of Hargreaves Lansdown offered him a couple of complimentary tickets so that he could take his young son Jonathan to watch City.

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Steve Lansdown has a lot of class.

He has communicated well with the fans all season, been on the radio or in front of a camera maybe 4 times.

His decision to stick by the manager vindicated.

His commitment unwavering.

He is due the questions that have been asked of him, of course, but he answered it by sticking with LJ and us staying up - the same questions will be asked next season if we struggle early on, rightly so. 

But some of the criticism, like the OP, is embarrassing. It's a disgrace to be honest, on a day when the Venky's take former premier league champions to the third division and Forest, former european champions, look set to go from one dodgy foreign owner who almost took them down, to another faceless businessman owner. 

Reality check. We are trying to build sustainably, which means it takes time, which means we invest in players and managers who will need time to progress us. 

2 season's back now in the Championship and building. Time to kick on again. Happy Holidays.

Good post, I don't agree with his choice of current Head Coach, never have, never will...but fair play to SL for not hiding away...he has been visible and vocal this season, great guy

4 hours ago, williamsredngrey said:

Lining your pockets? Maybe you'd be happier lining the pockets of some plastic Chinese owner perhaps? 

Steve grew up watching the team,

supported it through the years and now as a very successful businessman has invested a considerable sum of money into the club. Unfortunately too many people think the real game is the same as football manager where they have a right to succeed. 

Probably best you try to find a club more suited to your aspirations rather than a realistic team and owner who like most of us in our jobs sometime fail. 

Wrong !!!!!!!

He went to watch the Sags - obviously you didn't listen to his latest i/v

If you're going to lay into someone at least get your facts right

He came to City in the 89/90 promotion season (v Bury) when Jon wanted to go to a game and Des Williams sorted out some comps for him

SL is an all around good egg. Don't agree with him sometimes but my shares are always piled in behind him at every shareholder meeting. 

Criticism hurts and it hurts more when it probably has some merit, but SL is a big boy and can handle it just fine...as for abuse, one or two are obviously more than a bit anti SL. He could probably give about four people on here a gold bar and they would still complain he takes the cheap option.

Poisonous abuse please. I don't know anyone who would be without him even though he has got things wrong at times. Let's hope he is right with LJ and the current policy.  

2 hours ago, Antman said:

What's it like living in your world where no one makes mistakes.

SL has on record apologised and laughed off the Tinnion quote. It was an error and he admitted it.

Yes, he has made 'bad' managerial choices, but he has also picked managers (plural) that have won us promotion, championships, trophys, kept us in a division and taken us to 90 minutes from the premier league.

He has invested 'in' the club, not taken 'from' it, not used us as a play thing or turned us into a selling club. That is why I accept his decisions, I don't expect him to get them all right, far from it. But if it goes wrong, guess what, he is human, I really would love to know what people expect sometimes? 

2 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Mods. Delete this thread. Utter Nonsense. How can anyone slag off our owner and the things he's improved. 

Kim Jong-Un is that you?  Never realised we had a North Korean contingent! 

10 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

We are lucky to have him.end of!

...and unfortunately many fans will only realise this when he's gone.

Carp about our own owner, **** me, tell me about fans at Swindon...they wouldn't want to swap Lansdown for Lee Power would they? Blackburn fans wouldn't want to swap Venkys for Lansdown would they?...lets think of a few others...Coventry, Ipswich, Leeds, Florist, Sunderland..... the list of fans unhappy with the bloke at the top is endless, but they'd all swap their owner for Lansdown.

Be careful what you wish for

17 hours ago, williamsredngrey said:

Steve grew up watching the team, supported it through the years and now as a very successful businessman has invested a considerable sum of money into the club. Unfortunately too many people think the real game is the same as football manager where they have a right to succeed. 

No he didn't.

17 hours ago, coxyboy said:

Happy to acknowledge the Rugby crowd yesterday as it suited. 

Obviousley still upset by the stick from the fans who wanted your chum out. Perhaps if your were not such an egotistical, stubborn prat....you would have thanked for the fans for lining your pockets oh and support...of course as you remind us it is your club

NO CLASS !!!  That my friend is you.

Those of use that have supported Bristol City for over 50 years can tell you what happens to clubs that try to live beyond their means, they go bust and drop to the very bottom of the football league or get taken over by owners like the Venky's.  You seem to not like the fact the Steve Lansdown has pumped in what must now be approaching 100 million and you think it alright to continually abuse him in a very nasty and vile manner.  He has made mistakes and he has admitted that, apparently you and your kind never make mistakes in life.  

I can tell you that the alternative to Steve Lansdown is usually not an attractive option, ask the fans of Newcastle, Charlton, Forest, Orient, Blackburn, Birmingham and many others, Steve Lansdown would be very welcomed at all of these clubs.

Most fans are a bit frustrated about some of the things that have happened this season and the lack of success on the pitch, but this kind of reaction does not help, I know social media seems to dictate you all abuse everyone you can, but it just creates even more frustration and turns friends into enemies.  We really do need Steve Lansdown on our side, some of us remember what it was like before he started pumping his money into the club and it was not a pretty sight, keep him a friend, we are making progress, there will always be ups and downs along the way,  Steve has provided the money and the majority of supporters have stuck with the club , the number of supporters at yesterday game was a credit to all.

Just now, rogerf said:

Those of use that have supported Bristol City for over 50 years can tell you what happens to clubs that try to live beyond their means, they go bust and drop to the very bottom of the football league or get taken over by owners like the Venky's.  You seem to not like the fact the Steve Lansdown has pumped in what must now be approaching 100 million and you think it alright to continually abuse him in a very nasty and vile manner.  He has made mistakes and he has admitted that, apparently you and your kind never make mistakes in life.  

I can tell you that the alternative to Steve Lansdown is usually not an attractive option, ask the fans of Newcastle, Charlton, Forest, Orient, Blackburn, Birmingham and many others, Steve Lansdown would be very welcomed at all of these clubs.

Most fans are a bit frustrated about some of the things that have happened this season and the lack of success on the pitch, but this kind of reaction does not help, I know social media seems to dictate you all abuse everyone you can, but it just creates even more frustration and turns friends into enemies.  We really do need Steve Lansdown on our side, some of us remember what it was like before he started pumping his money into the club and it was not a pretty sight, keep him a friend, we are making progress, there will always be ups and downs along the way,  Steve has provided the money and the majority of supporters have stuck with the club , the number of supporters at yesterday game was a credit to all.

Here we go again. The old "we could have the Venky's" argument. Tiresome.

And why was the club "not a pretty sight" before SL started "pumping his money into the club"?

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Here we go again. The old "we could have the Venky's" argument. Tiresome.

And why was the club "not a pretty sight" before SL started "pumping his money into the club"?

If you need to ask the question you are obviously completely blind to what Steve Lansdown has done for this club.

Sure everyone knows SL has made mistakes and I'm sure he knows that.

Jesus everyone does so we should take that into consideration!

Major point that needs making:

- Forest 

- Blackburn

- Birmingham 

All 3 of these sides have horrendous owners and when you compare SL to them I'm sure we all know we are luckier than some!

18 minutes ago, rogerf said:

Those of use that have supported Bristol City for over 50 years can tell you what happens to clubs that try to live beyond their means,

BCFC have been living beyond their means for over a decade.

Archived