IGNORED

No Class Lansdown

coxyboy

3 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Sure everyone knows SL has made mistakes and I'm sure he knows that.

Jesus everyone does so we should take that into consideration!

Major point that needs making:

- Forest 

- Blackburn

- Birmingham 

All 3 of these sides have horrendous owners and when you compare SL to them I'm sure we all know we are luckier than some!

3 horrendous owners and we've been battling out with them for the final relegation spot. Proof that Mr Lansdown isn't quite the messiah that some would make him out and hasn't been the positive force that some would make out....perhaps.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

3 horrendous owners and we've been battling out with them for the final relegation spot. Proof that Mr Lansdown isn't quite the messiah that some would make him out and hasn't been the positive force that some would make out....perhaps.

Valid point when you look at it to be fair... if he was better then we could've been higher.

Many confounding factors and all hypothetical of course who knows what could've been if LJ was sacked or even further back if Cotts wasn't sacked etc. 

5 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

BCFC have been living beyond their means for over a decade.

Yes that is very true, and for much longer than that in fact, but we are able to do that because of Steve Lansdown.

When the fan base has been improved hopefully the club will be able to stand on its own feet.

Just now, rogerf said:

Yes that is very true, and for much longer than that in fact, but we are able to do that because of Steve Lansdown.

When the fan base has been improved hopefully the club will be able to stand on its own feet.

Here's a prediction for you. Bristol City will never be self-sufficient or sustainable whilst Steve Lansdown owns the club. It wouldn't be in his interests for the club to attain self-sufficiency as his role as a benefactor would lose importance ie in effect we would not need him. So, it'll never happen.

Just now, rogerf said:

I do not understand your point. Mr Lansdown chooses to run Bristol City beyond its means. You condemn others for doing similar.  

2 minutes ago, rogerf said:

To stand on our feet will

require throwing off the BS yoke

That is the real problem in my opinion

40 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Here we go again. The old "we could have the Venky's" argument. Tiresome.

And why was the club "not a pretty sight" before SL started "pumping his money into the club"?

Venkys, Allam, Ashley, Lerner, Tan plus there's probably more owners but I can't think of them but the dude who ruined Chester, Knighton was it? Can't really remember but I know he was American.

Anyways take your pick of terrible owners Kid, Lansdown may have made questionable decisions but his commitment and investment can't be questioned. I agree that the club was very rank amateur before Lansdown took the helm

Just now, rogerf said:

SL realised that the financial rules would stop him just being able to pump money into the club to cover annual losses, no matter that he was able to and wanted to do so.

That's why we have a long term plan in place aimed to make the club financially self sufficient. A crucial part of that was redeveloping AG to generate more revenue ( corporate boxes) on match days but also on non match days.

The next part of the long term strategy is what I think divides fans. The strategy on the player front is to try and avoid what happened int he past - bringing in journey man pros at the end of their careers, who we then struggle to get off the payroll because of high wages. The new strategy is to look for younger players with potential where either we benefit because their potential is realised with us, or where we realise a profit on re-sale if they are sold on e.g. Kodjia.

Of course, this type of player might not always hit the ground running, and to a degree this is what happened during this season. The other, and most contentious aspect of the playing strategy revolves around SL's decision to keep LJ in the face of growing dissatisfaction among fans during the middle part of this season. Our survival this season has vindicated the decision for the time being, but next season will be LJ's real acid test and I don;t think he can afford anything close to what happened from November on. 

Football these days is one of immediate results ( MOTD showed the league table after the first round of matches and talked about relegation positions, for goodness sake!) and the high profile nature of the game at top level mean fans of all clubs want to see success sooner rather than later. In this context a long term plan, which might involve things not going to plan along the way, can be difficult for some fans to accept, especially if they believe that having SL's wealth somehow means that everything can immediately be sorted with money. How often have I read that SL can afford to bring in a top top manager - no he can't, because those wages will affect or P&L and thereby will be governed by the financial rules, not the depth of SL's pockets.

I see a lot of fans criticising our performances based on the transfer fees spent. Transfer fees are what makes a club want to sell a player. It is wages that makes a player want to move here, and it is wages that are the real killer. I stand to be corrected if Im wrong, but think that transfer fees will be regarded as capital spend ( buying an asset) which SL can help fund. Wages , on the other hand are an expense , affecting profit and loss, and this is the area that has the biggest impact on our losses, and thereby the financial rules. This is where our limited income as a club has affected us most over the last few years and where SL's hands are tied in terms of how much financial support he is allowed to give.

On wages we cannot compete with the big clubs in this division, and especially those receiving parachute payments. I am certain we could go after plenty of players we might want in terms of the transfer fee involved, but would almost certainly struggle to match the wages those players would be demanding, without paying peanuts to the rest of what would have to be a limited squad.

I confess to having had major reservations about LJ during the worst part of this season, but hope that what has been learned from this season will benefit him and the team next season. However, I can also see why SL is determined to stick with LJ, because he probably realises that chopping and changing mangers in the recent past did not really benefit the club and if he wants his long term plan to work then a period of stability is pretty essential.

In the past Sl threw money at the club to try and bring quick success, but when that didn't work it took us a long time to recover and get back to where we had been previously. I don't want that to happen again, and  would much prefer the club to build steadily to become properly established, ideally with a nucleus of young players with good potential, hopefully some coming through our academy, and with the club's financial position strengthening so that we can start to complete for better players without risking the club's  financial future.

If that can be achieved with LJ at the helm, then who is going to complain? :whistle: :)

23 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Don't blame him considering the unwarranted personal abuse he recieved a few months ago.

Like he said, he's happy to take the brunt of the criticism but yet again on social media and on here, the amount of poisonous abuse he got was an absolute disgrace! People calling him childish names and just being plain spiteful is what you get off bitter Gas lags.

He may get things wrong decisions wise like everyone does but his investment and commitment to the club should not be questioned and certainly not abused

Except when he treats the fans with contempt, and for that alone he can **** off!

52 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Nick J doesn't know about football in the Championship which is where Lj has taken us to last season and again this season. Which club does he also follow to know so much about league 1? Smelley

He took us to the Championship now, did he? Blimey. And that was after we were relegated to L1 with that idiot Steve Cotterill, if I remember correctly?

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 16:12, coxyboy said:

Happy to acknowledge the Rugby crowd yesterday as it suited. 

Obviousley still upset by the stick from the fans who wanted your chum out. Perhaps if your were not such an egotistical, stubborn prat....you would have thanked for the fans for lining your pockets oh and support...of course as you remind us it is your club

never read so much crap for a long time!

22 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wrong !!!!!!!

He went to watch the Sags - obviously you didn't listen to his latest i/v

If you're going to lay into someone at least get your facts right

He came to City in the 89/90 promotion season (v Bury) when Jon wanted to go to a game and Des Williams sorted out some comps for him

I would have thought that if Steve had been a gashead, and had admitted this on telly, there would be at least one gashead who would have recorded it and stuck it on the web somewhere so that City fans would never be allowed to forget it.

I believe it's been indicated that he admitted this on Sub Bench, Made in Bristol. Surely it can't be that difficult to find this recording or are we to take a rumour as the source of truth?

Just where is this recording?

For some reason, when pressed, people just can't come up with the goods/evidence.

8 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Here's a prediction for you. Bristol City will never be self-sufficient or sustainable whilst Steve Lansdown owns the club. It wouldn't be in his interests for the club to attain self-sufficiency as his role as a benefactor would lose importance ie in effect we would not need him. So, it'll never happen.

We will always need SL.

He owns Ashton Gate.

56 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I would have thought that if Steve had been a gashead, and had admitted this on telly, there would be at least one gashead who would have recorded it and stuck it on the web somewhere so that City fans would never be allowed to forget it.

I believe it's been indicated that he admitted this on Sub Bench, Made in Bristol. Surely it can't be that difficult to find this recording or are we to take a rumour as the source of truth?

For some reason, when pressed, people just can't come up with the goods/evidence.

Try Radio Bristol 

interview with Geoff Twentyman (March ?)

Been discussed previously on here 

Or did you think I was making this up ?

or did you just not bother to listen ?

Explained how he went to Eastville with a mate and mates Dad , stood at Tote End

When Jon wanted to go to a game  (1990 ) Rovers were in Bath and one of his first clients for HL was DesWilliams who sorted out some comps ( Bury at home and a Dave Smith winner) - he went on to explain how they joined the 51 Club or similar and went on to explain how he got to know Scott Davidson who subsequently invited him to join board and so on etc etc

All made up by me and my imagination of course

Shame you didn't bother to listen - it was most interesting

Whooooops

9 hours ago, rogerf said:

NO CLASS !!!  That my friend is you.

Those of use that have supported Bristol City for over 50 years can tell you what happens to clubs that try to live beyond their means, they go bust and drop to the very bottom of the football league or get taken over by owners like the Venky's.  You seem to not like the fact the Steve Lansdown has pumped in what must now be approaching 100 million and you think it alright to continually abuse him in a very nasty and vile manner.  He has made mistakes and he has admitted that, apparently you and your kind never make mistakes in life.  

I can tell you that the alternative to Steve Lansdown is usually not an attractive option, ask the fans of Newcastle, Charlton, Forest, Orient, Blackburn, Birmingham and many others, Steve Lansdown would be very welcomed at all of these clubs.

Most fans are a bit frustrated about some of the things that have happened this season and the lack of success on the pitch, but this kind of reaction does not help, I know social media seems to dictate you all abuse everyone you can, but it just creates even more frustration and turns friends into enemies.  We really do need Steve Lansdown on our side, some of us remember what it was like before he started pumping his money into the club and it was not a pretty sight, keep him a friend, we are making progress, there will always be ups and downs along the way,  Steve has provided the money and the majority of supporters have stuck with the club , the number of supporters at yesterday game was a credit to all.

I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

I honestly cannot believe some of the slanderous comments about Steve Lansdown on here 

What that man has managed and funded for the club in a relatively short time is nothing short of stupendous

There is of course issues that fans, management and owners will never agree on but where the @@@@ would we be without him at the helm?

For those of you like me that have followed the club for well over 45 years I can assure you there has been lots of worse times than there is now

There would be hundreds of football league clubs and even quite a few premier clubs that would be more than keen to get such an accute wealthy man on board 

So be careful what you say, we should be appreciate everything he has has done and try's to do to put this club up there with the best  

2 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Been common knowledge for years... keep up!  Heard it ages ago from somewhere.

Was the young Jon that lured his dad towards Ashton Gate, once the Red Bug bit its been onwards and upwards for the Lansdown family ever since.... and the Lansdown Dynasty looks set to continue well into the foreseeable with Lansdown junior having grown up within the club and currently serving a valuable apprenticeship at Ashton Gate.  Much criticism of SL has been claims of good intentions, lots of money but not being a 'football man' well it looks like he's set things up nicely for the future with his son so that won't be an issue for him.

10 hours ago, Cowshed said:

I do not understand your point. Mr Lansdown chooses to run Bristol City beyond its means. You condemn others for doing similar.  

I made no comment good or bad about any other owners, I just offered up the alternatives and the fact that when we went bust in 1982 we ended up at the very bottom of the football league because nobody wanted to take on the the mess that was Bristol City.

Steve Lansdown has fully supported the club financially as have some of the others mentioned, while some have invested nothing at all and left the clubs to rot, I was not condemning any of them I only know I don't want them anywhere near my club.  Steve has run Bristol City beyond its means as you put it because it has to have the financial input to enable the club to grow, 

Read downendcity's post he explains much more eloquently than I could what Steve Lansdown is attempting to do.

Progress on the pitch - the tricky bit - in Steve's time, has been slow. 2008 turned out to be a bit of a happy (ish) accident. Not really much "design" in all that, not by Steve at least. We have continued to be capable of getting out of L1 but not much cop in the Championship in Steve's time, much like 1980 to when Steve took over. Much like most of our history.

Progress off the pitch - the easier bit, for a bloke with a fair few quid - is there for all to see. Yesterday v Brum with 25k there was great to be a part of. And this largely down to Steve's readiness to spend enormous amounts on the club.

Following the example of loaded businessmen transforming lowly or modest clubs elsewhere around the country - think Madjeski at Reading; Whelan at Wigan; and Bolton, Hull, Cardiff and others, including Brighton, now, and even poxy Bournemouth; and the Jack Walker example, too; Steve Gibson at Boro, too; and a slightly different example in Swansea - people here might've thought or hoped something similarly exciting might happen here. That it was our turn.

But this hasn't happened. Not yet, at least.

On the pitch, the SL years have been a bit of a let-down (unless romping L1 floats yer boat; some of us set the bar a little higher than that, deluded though we might well be). Certainly compared to the list of fellow lower league strugglers of ours over the years mentioned above, all of whom have had at least one year in the PL. Some have even reached cup finals - proper ones - and even won proper silverware. Blackburn, with Jack Walker's millions, went and finished Champions of England.

Steve - with his reported wealth, and readiness to spend it - has promised much, but delivered too little (on the pitch). Expectations and reality have been too far apart for some. Now, maybe those expectations were the problem in the first place - because it worked at Reading, or Wigan, it will happen here; examlles to the contrary might have been ignored - but the repeated mention of "Premier League" from the club and even the very silly "Europa League" from LJ and all the "make Bristol proud" stuff and all the off-field developments, and then the reality on the pitch, lead to disappointment for some, make us a bit of a laughing-stock, and easily derided by anyone with g5s work colleagues or friends, etc.

Throw in the appointment of a marmite player as head coach, thought to be a good pal of Steve, or at least his son, and then Steve's refusal to do what he always does when losing hand over fist and languishing near the foot of the table, ie get rid, leading to the perception - rightly or wrongly; not helped much by some awkward interviews - that favouritism was at work here, and personal relationship and personal pride taking precedence over the future of the club, and the sense of 'fiddling while Rome burns' (remember, the perception of this) and you have a situation, a perfect storm almost, fuelled by social media (and good old fashioned bedsheets), that steadily got out of hand. The lid came off.

Yes, it is true, Blackburn have since run into terrible trouble; Bolton too. Cardiff have had their problems, Hull too. But they have all had a moment of glory, a day in the sun. Compared to what we have had, under Steve. Better to live one day as a tiger, than a thousand years bobbing between L1 and the Championship and all that. Isn't that what football is about? The glory? 

Whisper it, but Steve - strong and stable; steady; reliable; trustworthy - hasn't delivered much excitement in his 15 years in charge (if we can agree that L1 doesn't count, not realky, not when we look at the clubs no bigger than us mentioned above). No disasters but no euphoria either. Just nice and steady. Just a bit, well, boring. 2008 yes, very close. But then what? 

The idea of a billionaire taking over your club is that he is a game-changer, transformational, can take you places the previous less-minted owners could only dream about. But this hasn't happened, with Steve, not yet. 

If Steve was a pair of knickers, he would be sensible M&S underwear, nothing racy, nothing silky, certainly not a "thong," nothing exciting, but not the sort to invite any unwelcome attention or hanky-panky either (but, having said that, up and down surprisingly often). A good all-rounder. Your mother would approve. Sensible, safe, a tad dull.

Perhaps too many of us are too impatient, we must give SL and the new ground and all the off-field developments time, time to make a difference. But we really are long overdue, at Bristol City, some proper, dirty, sweaty, hanky-panky Steve; not the L1 kind, the proper stuff! We have waited so bloody long, many of us. You can stop teasing us now; let's get it on. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Progress on the pitch - the tricky bit - in Steve's time, has been slow. 2008 turned out to be a bit of a happy (ish) accident. Not really much "design" in all that, not by Steve at least. We have continued to be capable of getting out of L1 but not much cop in the Championship in Steve's time, much like 1980 to when Steve took over. Much like most of our history.

Progress off the pitch - the easier bit, for a bloke with a fair few quid - is there for all to see. Yesterday v Brum with 25k there was great to be a part of. And this largely down to Steve's readiness to spend enormous amounts on the club.

Following the example of loaded businessmen transforming lowly or modest clubs elsewhere around the country - think Madjeski at Reading; Whelan at Wigan; and Bolton, Hull, Cardiff and others, including Brighton, now, and even poxy Bournemouth; and the Jack Walker example, too; Steve Gibson at Boro, too; and a slightly different example in Swansea - people here might've thought or hoped something similarly exciting might happen here. That it was our turn.

On the pitch, the SL years have been a bit of a let-down (unless romping L1 floats yer boat; some of us set the bar a little higher than that, deluded though we might well be). Certainly compared to the list of fellow lower league strugglers of ours over the years mentioned above, all of whom have had at least one year in the PL. Some have even reached cup finals - proper ones - and even won proper silverware. Blackburn, with Jack Walker's millions, went and finished Champions of England.

Steve - with his reported wealth, and readiness to spend it - has promised much, but delivered too little (on the pitch). Expectations and reality have been too far apart for some. Now, maybe those expectations were the problem in the first place - because it worked at Reading, or Wigan, it will happen here; examlles to the contrary might have been ignored - but the repeated mention of "Premier League" from the club and even the very silly "Europa League" from LJ and all the "make Bristol proud" stuff and all the off-field developments, and then the reality on the pitch, lead to disappointment for some, make us a bit of a laughing-stock, and easily derided by anyone with g5s work colleagues or friends, etc.

Throw in the appointment of a marmite player as head coach, thought to be a good pal of Steve, or at least his son, and then Steve's refusal to do what he always does when losing hand over fist and languishing near the foot of the table, ie get rid, leading to the perception - rightly or wrongly; not helped much by some awkward interviews - that favouritism was at work here, and personal relationship and personal pride taking precedence over the future of the club, and the sense of 'fiddling while Rome burns' (remember, the perception of this) and you have a situation, a perfect storm almost, fuelled by social media (and good old fashioned bedsheets), that steadily got out of hand. The lid came off.

Yes, it is true, Blackburn have since run into terrible trouble; Bolton too. Cardiff have had their problems, Hull too. But they have all had a moment of glory, a day in the sun. Compared to what we have had, under Steve. Better to live one day as a tiger, than a thousand years bobbing between L1 and the Championship and all that. Isn't that what football is about? The glory? 

Whisper it, but Steve - strong and stable; steady; reliable; trustworthy - hasn't delivered much excitement in his 15 years in charge (if we can agree that L1 doesn't count, not realky, not when we look at the clubs no bigger than us mentioned above). No disasters but no euphoria either. Just nice and steady. Just a bit, well, boring. 2008 yes, very close. But then what? 

The idea of a billionaire taking over your club is that he is a game-changer, transformational, can take you places the previous less-minted owners could only dream about. But this hasn't happened, with Steve, not yet. 

If Steve was a pair of knickers, he would be sensible M&S underwear, nothing racy, nothing silky, certainly not a "thong," nothing exciting, but not the sort to invite any unwelcome attention or hanky-panky either (but, having said that, up and down surprisingly often). A good all-rounder. Your mother would approve.

Perhaps too many of us are too impatient, we must give SL and the new ground and all the off-field developments time, time to make a difference. But we really are long overdue, at Bristol City, some proper, dirty, sweaty, hanky-panky Steve; not the L1 kind, the proper stuff! We have waited so bloody long, many of us. You can stop teasing us now; let's get it on. 

Very good balanced post with no insults  or abuse and making some very good points HOORAY!!!

46 minutes ago, rogerf said:

I made no comment good or bad about any other owners, I just offered up the alternatives and the fact that when we went bust in 1982 we ended up at the very bottom of the football league because nobody wanted to take on the the mess that was Bristol City.

Steve Lansdown has fully supported the club financially as have some of the others mentioned, while some have invested nothing at all and left the clubs to rot, I was not condemning any of them I only know I don't want them anywhere near my club.  Steve has run Bristol City beyond its means as you put it because it has to have the financial input to enable the club to grow, 

Read downendcity's post he explains much more eloquently than I could what Steve Lansdown is attempting to do.

You made a comparison between Mr Lansdown and others.

Mr Lansdown has ran BCFC well beyond its means, that is not my opinion, check the clubs accounts. In the clubs annual accounts summaries concerns about the viability of the business have been raised.

The crux of your argument appears to be is that BCFC doing as others do is acceptable, because of Mr Lansdown ability to turn losses and debt into equity and loans.

I have read downendcity's post. It is not clear how BCFC will repay the debts it has (loans to Mr Lansdown) let alone be sustainable. I doubt that Mr Lansdown has the intent to run a self sufficient BCFC.  

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

You made a comparison between Mr Lansdown and others.

Mr Lansdown has ran BCFC well beyond its means, that is not my opinion, check the clubs accounts. In the clubs annual accounts summaries concerns about the viability of the business have been raised.

The crux of your argument appears to be is that BCFC doing as others do is acceptable, because of Mr Lansdown ability to turn losses and debt into equity and loans.

I have read downendcity's post. It is not clear how BCFC will repay the debts it has (loans to Mr Lansdown) let alone be sustainable. I doubt that Mr Lansdown has the intent to run a self sufficient BCFC.  

Sorry cowshed I may not have made myself completely clear reading back my post.  The point I was trying to make was that he is truly funding this spending and not just leaving this debt around like some owners.  He has regularly written of debt and yes he is over spending but you have to speculate to accumulate and I trust him to not just walk away like some have.  I may be wrong but I think he will increase the turnover of the club to a level that will eventually mean we can compete with the bigger clubs and be able to balance the books.

I don't agree with all his decisions and he certainly has made mistakes with progress not as quick as it should be considering the money spent but I would rather him than a lot of the alternatives.  I may be naive but I trust he will do what is right for Bristol City and will not leave us in a mess as many others before him have.

What do we want, do we really want him out of our club?  

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Whooooops

If I remember correctly, BBC Radio Bristol keeps recordings for a month so unfortunately I don't have the benefit of listening to what was actually said, a rather convenient get out for yourself. It has been demonstrated on this board recently, that some on this board hear what they want to hear and not what was actually said.

As to what you say, as of late, I tend to take what you say with a pinch of salt.

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Been common knowledge for years... keep up!  Heard it ages ago from somewhere.

Was the young Jon that lured his dad towards Ashton Gate, once the Red Bug bit its been onwards and upwards for the Lansdown family ever since.... and the Lansdown Dynasty looks set to continue well into the foreseeable with Lansdown junior having grown up within the club and currently serving a valuable apprenticeship at Ashton Gate.  Much criticism of SL has been claims of good intentions, lots of money but not being a 'football man' well it looks like he's set things up nicely for the future with his son so that won't be an issue for him.

If it's common knowledge, just why aren't you directing people to the evidence? Is it that difficult for you? Why the reluctance?

If he said it, he said it - I wont be upset by the truth.

This, 'it's common knowledge', 'seen a video', 'heard it on the radio', 'the golf grounds keepers, mates dog said', is just gossip until someone steps up to the plate with the evidence. If you are the sorts that believe everything the EP says, well that explains where you get your information.

I really don't understand why there is reluctance to actually point me (or anyone else who is interested) to the actual goodies.

As indicated, if SL has said all of these things, gasheads would be over this like a rash and rubbing our noses in it with actual recordings, video clips etc.

Until you guys come up with the goods, you're just WUMs

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

If Steve was a pair of knickers, he would be sensible M&S underwear, nothing racy, nothing silky, certainly not a "thong," nothing exciting, but not the sort to invite any unwelcome attention or hanky-panky either (but, having said that, up and down surprisingly often). A good all-rounder. Your mother would approve. Sensible, safe, a tad dull.

If Steve was a pair of knickers, then this season they would need washing on a very regular basis!

27 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

If I remember correctly, BBC Radio Bristol keeps recordings for a month so unfortunately I don't have the benefit of listening to what was actually said, a rather convenient get out for yourself. It has been demonstrated on this board recently, that some on this board hear what they want to hear and not what was actually said.

As to what you say, as of late, I tend to take what you say with a pinch of salt.

If it's common knowledge, just why aren't you directing people to the evidence? Is it that difficult for you? Why the reluctance?

If he said it, he said it - I wont be upset by the truth.

This, 'it's common knowledge', 'seen a video', 'heard it on the radio', 'the golf grounds keepers, mates dog said', is just gossip until someone steps up to the plate with the evidence. If you are the sorts that believe everything the EP says, well that explains where you get your information.

I really don't understand why there is reluctance to actually point me (or anyone else who is interested) to the actual goodies.

As indicated, if SL has said all of these things, gasheads would be over this like a rash and rubbing our noses in it with actual recordings, video clips etc.

Until you guys come up with the goods, you're just WUMs

:argh: ... you swine, you made me do this, I'll have to destroy my tablet now, and I've polluted Otib by posting this link to their forum... dated 2015, I'm sure you'll continue to reject it as just more 'hearsay' but it adds a little more credence, mention of SL on SubsBench Made in Bristol TV..

Further comments of him taking young Jon to the Gate as a kid before becoming hooked on City, they say before that he used to stand on the Tote End before the Gas had to crawl away from Bristol and camp in Bath.. 

You know what? I can't be arsed with this anymore, its far too late, I've dirtied myself by visiting the dark side just because of you.... and I dont really give a shit if you spend the rest of your life in ignorance with a gap in your knowledge of City & Lansdown ....

Apologies for polluting this forum with :gasmask:Chat ....

http://www.gaschat.co.uk/thread/2211/steve-lansdown-used-gashead

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

:argh: ... you swine, you made me do this, I'll have to destroy my tablet now, and I've polluted Otib by posting this link to their forum... dated 2015, I'm sure you'll continue to reject it as just more 'hearsay' but it adds a little more credence, mention of SL on SubsBench Made in Bristol TV..

Further comments of him taking young Jon to the Gate as a kid before becoming hooked on City, they say before that he used to stand on the Tote End before the Gas had to crawl away from Bristol and camp in Bath.. 

You know what? I can't be arsed with this anymore, its far too late, I've dirtied myself by visiting the dark side just because of you.... and I dont really give a shit if you spend the rest of your life in ignorance with a gap in your knowledge of City & Lansdown ....

Apologies for polluting this forum with :gasmask:Chat ....

http://www.gaschat.co.uk/thread/2211/steve-lansdown-used-gashead

Your proof is.... a gaschat posting :facepalm:

Even this poster doesn't provide anything more than 'I've seen...'. Is this some wishful thinking on his behalf? How could any self-respecting gashead not have recorded SL admitting he was a gashead before taking over City for piss taking posterity? If ever the 'billionaire' owner of the gas admitted on television/radio that he'd been a City fan before he took over the gas, I'd lay odds that it would be put up on youtube within minutes by a City fan so that the gasheads would never live it down.

I've not seen any reputable links where SL is confessing to being a gashead , so for the moment that makes me ignorant of what was said. It also indicates that I'm not gullible enough to believe something just because someone 'says it's so'. You however, currently do look gullible, especially for coming on here and providing your source of truth as gaschat and admitting it.

If you're not gullible, provide some tangible proof that SL has previously said he was a gashead rather than just something you heard. At the moment, you look a little bit like a sock puppet.

Even if we look at what Bob alludes to in a BBC Bristol broadcast (which is not available now), Bob indicates: 'Explained how he went to Eastville with a mate and mates Dad , stood at Tote End'. Assuming that this is a correct interpretation of what SL said, is it an admission of being a gashead? Or have people taken an innocuous admission of attending a gas match and translated to an admission of being a gashead? Bear in mind that some of our sensitive fans heard his interview a month back and felt aggrieved about some perceived slight against them - it's funny how some on here can say 'grow a pair' one minute and then be mortally offended the next. Considering the amount of LJ and SL bashing that has taken place over the past months, it appears that people are still prepared to believe anything if it suits their purpose.

Will these mutterings attributed to SL ever be made available to the great unwashed or are these mutterings only for the consumption of those ITK to be filtered to the unworthy as they see fit?

Who'd have thought some posters on OTIB dabble in innuendo?

Archived