IGNORED

No Class Lansdown

coxyboy

15 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Nick J doesn't know about football in the Championship which is where Lj has taken us to last season and again this season. Which club does he also follow to know so much about league 1? Smelley

Tell you what I'm going to engage you.

LJ LJ L:J.

Just scanned through your 98 posts and a significant number are in praise  of "LJ".

Even during the record breaking run.

Many of the others are picking off posters who have had the temerity to be critical of "LJ" or the management.

Now that's "Smelley" (sic).

On 2017-5-7 at 16:29, williamsredngrey said:

Lining your pockets? Maybe you'd be happier lining the pockets of some plastic Chinese owner perhaps? 

Steve grew up watching the team, supported it through the years and now as a very successful businessman has invested a considerable sum of money into the club. Unfortunately too many people think the real game is the same as football manager where they have a right to succeed. 

Probably best you try to find a club more suited to your aspirations rather than a realistic team and owner who like most of us in our jobs sometime fail. 

Better the devil you know...

Having a 'plastic' owner doesn't seem to have done Man City any harm. Or Leicester when they romped to the Premier League title. I don't really get all this emphasis on being owned by a local boy when a) hardly any of the players are local and most would do a runner if we got relegated, and b) Lansdown seems to do things his way, whether it's good for the club or not

7 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

If I remember correctly, BBC Radio Bristol keeps recordings for a month so unfortunately I don't have the benefit of listening to what was actually said, a rather convenient get out for yourself. It has been demonstrated on this board recently, that some on this board hear what they want to hear and not what was actually said.

As to what you say, as of late, I tend to take what you say with a pinch of salt.

If it's common knowledge, just why aren't you directing people to the evidence? Is it that difficult for you? Why the reluctance?

If he said it, he said it - I wont be upset by the truth.

This, 'it's common knowledge', 'seen a video', 'heard it on the radio', 'the golf grounds keepers, mates dog said', is just gossip until someone steps up to the plate with the evidence. If you are the sorts that believe everything the EP says, well that explains where you get your information.

I really don't understand why there is reluctance to actually point me (or anyone else who is interested) to the actual goodies.

As indicated, if SL has said all of these things, gasheads would be over this like a rash and rubbing our noses in it with actual recordings, video clips etc.

Until you guys come up with the goods, you're just WUMs

Believe what you want - take what the **** you like with your pinch of salt  

He last detailed it when Twentyman spoke to him and Jon together , in recent weeks  - perhaps you could ring Twentyman and explain your constant conspiracy nause theory to him and ask him to clarify  

You have nothing ever to add or interesting to say and seem to be wetting yourself in a huff about this 

I don't personally care that he stood on the Tote End previously , ( I was correcting a Poster who was using incorrect information to make a point , ) it's now and the future that's relevant and Jon is a City Fan through and through but as usual you have to laughably defend anything you perceive as a criticism of any part of the Club (Interesting that it's you are the one getting in a whiny huff about this)

Maybe you should listen and take more interest in the Club , instead of whining like a baby about people not providing crown sealed evidence for you

You Gullible ? - don't know but Clueless is more appropriate 

The fact that you don't know a simple fact about the owner of our Club says it all

:laughcont:

I'm not convinced you ever go near AG

Put the Vaseline down and get out your bedroom once in a while 

Cant decide whether you are 13 or 93

On 07/05/2017 at 16:12, coxyboy said:

Happy to acknowledge the Rugby crowd yesterday as it suited. 

Obviousley still upset by the stick from the fans who wanted your chum out. Perhaps if your were not such an egotistical, stubborn prat....you would have thanked for the fans for lining your pockets oh and support...of course as you remind us it is your club

This is a joke post right?  If you really think the money paid by fans at the gates out weighs the money SL has invested out of his own pocket you need a new calculator!

3 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Your proof is.... a gaschat posting :facepalm:

Even this poster doesn't provide anything more than 'I've seen...'. Is this some wishful thinking on his behalf? How could any self-respecting gashead not have recorded SL admitting he was a gashead before taking over City for piss taking posterity? If ever the 'billionaire' owner of the gas admitted on television/radio that he'd been a City fan before he took over the gas, I'd lay odds that it would be put up on youtube within minutes by a City fan so that the gasheads would never live it down.

I've not seen any reputable links where SL is confessing to being a gashead , so for the moment that makes me ignorant of what was said. It also indicates that I'm not gullible enough to believe something just because someone 'says it's so'. You however, currently do look gullible, especially for coming on here and providing your source of truth as gaschat and admitting it.

If you're not gullible, provide some tangible proof that SL has previously said he was a gashead rather than just something you heard. At the moment, you look a little bit like a sock puppet.

Even if we look at what Bob alludes to in a BBC Bristol broadcast (which is not available now), Bob indicates: 'Explained how he went to Eastville with a mate and mates Dad , stood at Tote End'. Assuming that this is a correct interpretation of what SL said, is it an admission of being a gashead? Or have people taken an innocuous admission of attending a gas match and translated to an admission of being a gashead? Bear in mind that some of our sensitive fans heard his interview a month back and felt aggrieved about some perceived slight against them - it's funny how some on here can say 'grow a pair' one minute and then be mortally offended the next. Considering the amount of LJ and SL bashing that has taken place over the past months, it appears that people are still prepared to believe anything if it suits their purpose.

Will these mutterings attributed to SL ever be made available to the great unwashed or are these mutterings only for the consumption of those ITK to be filtered to the unworthy as they see fit?

Who'd have thought some posters on OTIB dabble in innuendo?

Mr Lansdown was  gashead once. So was Harry Dolman. He revealed that years ago before youtube. city sign rovers players now and share a ground with the rugby club. no biggie either way..

Just now, Trueredsupporte said:

Mr Lansdown was  gashead once. So was Harry Dolman. He revealed that years ago before youtube. city sign rovers players now and share a ground with the rugby club. no biggie either way..

And here we go another liar 

So many of us about !!!!

8 hours ago, rogerf said:

Sorry cowshed I may not have made myself completely clear reading back my post.  The point I was trying to make was that he is truly funding this spending and not just leaving this debt around like some owners.  He has regularly written of debt and yes he is over spending but you have to speculate to accumulate and I trust him to not just walk away like some have.  I may be wrong but I think he will increase the turnover of the club to a level that will eventually mean we can compete with the bigger clubs and be able to balance the books.

I don't agree with all his decisions and he certainly has made mistakes with progress not as quick as it should be considering the money spent but I would rather him than a lot of the alternatives.  I may be naive but I trust he will do what is right for Bristol City and will not leave us in a mess as many others before him have.

What do we want, do we really want him out of our club?  

Mr Lansdown owns the FC. Mr Lansdown has left the FC with debt in the form of loans. In effect he has left a debt to himself. It is unclear how the FC will repay those loans, and it certainly does not have the means to do so in the near future.

Mr Lansdown also turned debt/losses into equity thus taking over total control of the ground.

Mr Lansdown has used his money to take over the FC, and invested money into his own asset - Ashton Gate.

I simply answered a point on a forum, but here is an answer; BCFC is now Mr Lansdown. In 1982 the club was saved and rules put in place to prevent one individual taking over Bristol City football club. I think fans should expect better than a club that cannot establish itself in the championship, is in debt and does not own its own ground.

47 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Mr Lansdown owns the FC. Mr Lansdown has left the FC with debt in the form of loans. In effect he has left a debt to himself. It is unclear how the FC will repay those loans, and it certainly does not have the means to do so in the near future.

Mr Lansdown also turned debt/losses into equity thus taking over total control of the ground.

Mr Lansdown has used his money to take over the FC, and invested money into his own asset - Ashton Gate.

I simply answered a point on a forum, but here is an answer; BCFC is now Mr Lansdown. In 1982 the club was saved and rules put in place to prevent one individual taking over Bristol City football club. I think fans should expect better than a club that cannot establish itself in the championship, is in debt and does not own its own ground.

Precisely.

Before Steve Lansdown, Bristol City bumbled along and we were all quite happy/angry/frustrated/indifferent (delete as applicable, as now).

Steve chose to literally change the rules.

Steve chose to take control of the club.

Steve chose to abandon the plan put in place by previous directors to redevelop Ashton Gate, financed to a large extent by Football Trust grants.

Steve chose to make Bristol Rugby an equal tenant of Ashton Gate with Bristol City.

Steve chose to create the Bristol Sport corporate of which there are many differing opinions.

Steve has chosen to be completely in charge and make every significant decision his and his alone to make.

Steve chose to take our club from a positive balance sheet to technically insolvent were  it not for his agreement to continue to financially support the debt which he has created. 

All done no doubt with the best of intentions, although it is a moot point, particularly given the recent Radio Bristol outburst, whether there is a degree of egotistical element involved - fair enough, a big ego can be a positive thing.

But, IMO Steve cannot expect to fundamentally change the structure and nature of Bristol City, and escape without criticism if the league position has not improved, which broadly speaking, it has not.

I have said it before, that if Steve establishes us as a successful Premiership club, he will be deserving of praise, or to a lesser extent as a successful Championship club, but after almost 15 years it has not happened, and IMO is unlikely to, with the present manager.

On 5/7/2017 at 16:39, BCFC Grim said:

Poisonous abuse? Are you that precious? A few words on the internet? Didn't even see much on here. Plenty of comments about him not knowing how to run a successful football club? That has been proven?  Maybe some angry comments after HIS idiotic comments. Can't help but think you're being a little dramatic.

people have killed themselves because of a "few words on the internet"

33 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Out of interest what 'idiotic' comments did Lansdown make that got you all precious about it?

Where did I say I got all precious? I merely stated that's why some people may have felt aggrieved. Added to the fact he won't fire his mate.

34 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Out of interest what 'idiotic' comments did Lansdown make that got you all precious about it?

Any of them probably.

18 hours ago, Cowshed said:

You made a comparison between Mr Lansdown and others.

Mr Lansdown has ran BCFC well beyond its means, that is not my opinion, check the clubs accounts. In the clubs annual accounts summaries concerns about the viability of the business have been raised.

The crux of your argument appears to be is that BCFC doing as others do is acceptable, because of Mr Lansdown ability to turn losses and debt into equity and loans.

I have read downendcity's post. It is not clear how BCFC will repay the debts it has (loans to Mr Lansdown) let alone be sustainable. I doubt that Mr Lansdown has the intent to run a self sufficient BCFC.  

I strongly suspect that Steve L has no intention of requiring his "loans" to repaid at any time soon - or indeed at anytime at all.

As far as his intent, or otherwise , to run a self-sufficient BCFC. My guess is that his aim for self-sufficiency is based on the requirements of the financial rules. I have little doubt that he will continue to make up short fall in our income and expenditure to the levels that he is allowed. The ideal is that the better our revenues are in the future, the more we can be self sufficientt, so that instead of SL's money continually being used to cover the losses it can in future be used to actually improve the team by boosting the wage bill  and the like

As far as capital expenditure is concerned - transfer fees for new players, capital spending on things like the academy and ground improvements - then I am also sure he will continue invest in the club as long as his fortune allows, and when it is the right thing for the club.

12 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I strongly suspect that Steve L has no intention of requiring his "loans" to repaid at any time soon - or indeed at anytime at all.

As far as his intent, or otherwise , to run a self-sufficient BCFC. My guess is that his aim for self-sufficiency is based on the requirements of the financial rules. I have little doubt that he will continue to make up short fall in our income and expenditure to the levels that he is allowed. The ideal is that the better our revenues are in the future, the more we can be self sufficientt, so that instead of SL's money continually being used to cover the losses it can in future be used to actually improve the team by boosting the wage bill  and the like

As far as capital expenditure is concerned - transfer fees for new players, capital spending on things like the academy and ground improvements - then I am also sure he will continue invest in the club as long as his fortune allows, and when it is the right thing for the club.

Fans have a notion that BCFC will become sustainable, but BCFC does not have the means to pay off its loans - There is a repayment date for the loans contained in the accounts.

Bristol City does not have to be self sufficient to comply with financial fair play. Losses to comply with FFP are capped and spread over seasons. Mr Lansdown can continue to run BCFC at a loss, but those losses above a certain threshold cannot be covered continually via equity and loans which would result in BCFC being penalised.

Regarding investing in Ashton Gate and infra structure Mr Lansdown can spend as much as he pleases, this spending is exempt from FFP rules.

17 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

If I remember correctly, BBC Radio Bristol keeps recordings for a month so unfortunately I don't have the benefit of listening to what was actually said, a rather convenient get out for yourself. It has been demonstrated on this board recently, that some on this board hear what they want to hear and not what was actually said.

As to what you say, as of late, I tend to take what you say with a pinch of salt.

If it's common knowledge, just why aren't you directing people to the evidence? Is it that difficult for you? Why the reluctance?

If he said it, he said it - I wont be upset by the truth.

This, 'it's common knowledge', 'seen a video', 'heard it on the radio', 'the golf grounds keepers, mates dog said', is just gossip until someone steps up to the plate with the evidence. If you are the sorts that believe everything the EP says, well that explains where you get your information.

I really don't understand why there is reluctance to actually point me (or anyone else who is interested) to the actual goodies.

As indicated, if SL has said all of these things, gasheads would be over this like a rash and rubbing our noses in it with actual recordings, video clips etc.

Until you guys come up with the goods, you're just WUMs

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-lansdowns-links-bristol-rovers-42930.amp

Just now, P'head Red said:

Think any Leyton Orient (and many other clubs) fan would be very confused as to why a select few of our fans would want SL to sell the club to someone else... now THAT would be a potential disaster. 

Or to someone like Bournemouth's owner? 

We are in very 'safe' hands with SL, but I'd be very surprised if anyone would class his time in charge as a success. On the pitch anyway.......

Just now, P'head Red said:

Think any Leyton Orient (and many other clubs) fan would be very confused as to why a select few of our fans would want SL to sell the club to someone else... now THAT would be a potential disaster. 

Its wholly unrealistic to think anybody would purchase BCFC minus ownership of Ashton Gate.

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Believe what you want - take what the **** you like with your pinch of salt  

He last detailed it when Twentyman spoke to him and Jon together , in recent weeks  - perhaps you could ring Twentyman and explain your constant conspiracy nause theory to him and ask him to clarify  

You have nothing ever to add or interesting to say and seem to be wetting yourself in a huff about this 

I don't personally care that he stood on the Tote End previously , ( I was correcting a Poster who was using incorrect information to make a point , ) it's now and the future that's relevant and Jon is a City Fan through and through but as usual you have to laughably defend anything you perceive as a criticism of any part of the Club (Interesting that it's you are the one getting in a whiny huff about this)

Maybe you should listen and take more interest in the Club , instead of whining like a baby about people not providing crown sealed evidence for you

You Gullible ? - don't know but Clueless is more appropriate 

The fact that you don't know a simple fact about the owner of our Club says it all

:laughcont:

I'm not convinced you ever go near AG

Put the Vaseline down and get out your bedroom once in a while 

Cant decide whether you are 13 or 93

It's clear Bob that you take any disagreement with your way of thinking as a  personal attack on you and you really do need to take a chill pill. I take you with a pinch of salt for that reason.

Thankfully someone else provided something you seemed unable to and I've been able to have a listen to what was said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04zrnvh , April 29th and not March as you indicated (maybe you get a little excited when writing your posts?) - you weren't trying to waste my time were you Bob, you naughty boy. The recording will be available for another 19 days from today.

The conversation starts from about 37:30 to about 45:35.

At 39:20 SL says:

‘As a boy, I came up watching the Rovers at Eastville, I can’t remember my first game but I think it was around ’63/’64 so it was quite a long time ago and I went there because my friend took me and his dad and spasmodically went backwards and forwards to Eastville to watch them there but when it came to taking Jon, it was a question of where to go and Rovers were at Twerton Park and they weren’t in Bristol and I knew Des very well so it was a very easy way to get to see the game, to take him to a game and in a way Jon got me coming to Bristol City, as much as I got him coming to Bristol City…

There is no mention of the Tote End, but hey, we'll not allow these little exaggerations or embellishments strain our friendship.

If this candid admission of going to watch the gas with his mate and dad on an intermittent basis makes him a gashead, well so be it. Some might say that it's just teenagers hanging around. No doubt some on here will crucify him with this every time BCFC are doing badly and conveniently drop this when BCFC are doing well, such is the fickleness of some of our fans.

I'm looking forward to next season and seeing where it takes us.

Upwards and onwards.

I think you need to ask this.. it's all well and good writing out cheques if you're as wealthy as SL. Who wouldn't?! 

But, you have to ask some questions on his footballing decisions? Some of which have been woeful and quickly brushed under the carpet. Luckily he hasn't paid the price this season but the fact he was so close, does beg the question! 

Would many of you be saying the same thing if he hadn't pumped money and based it on his managerial decisions, clubs decisions?? At the end of the day, it's him who employs them. 

A lot of people here have very short memories. It's been a torrid season. Can we trust LJ and SL again? Look how the Rugby lot have done for instance.

I'm grateful for what he's done over the years, a massive thank you goes out to him! But this doesn't mean we can't criticise him when things go wrong? 

29 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I think you need to ask this.. it's all well and good writing out cheques if you're as wealthy as SL. Who wouldn't?! 

But, you have to ask some questions on his footballing decisions? Some of which have been woeful and quickly brushed under the carpet. Luckily he hasn't paid the price this season but the fact he was so close, does beg the question! 

Would many of you be saying the same thing if he hadn't pumped money and based it on his managerial decisions, clubs decisions?? At the end of the day, it's him who employs them. 

A lot of people here have very short memories. It's been a torrid season. Can we trust LJ and SL again? Look how the Rugby lot have done for instance.

I'm grateful for what he's done over the years, a massive thank you goes out to him! But this doesn't mean we can't criticise him when things go wrong? 

not sure you can blame LJ for the rugby tbh.

22 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Absolutely right, as many have demonstrated this season - ad nauseum, in some cases!

Perhaps we need to draw a line under this season, accept that LJ will be in charge at the start of the season and that SL will be owner of BCFC for the foreseeable future. The hope is that both SL and LJ have learned lessons from this season and thereby avoid the same mistakes next season.

Progress would be mid table obscurity without flirting with the relegation zone, but possibly threatening the bottom end of the play offs and seeing the  squad overhauled , with additions giving us more strength in depth and more consistency. Progress will also be LJ finding and sticking to his best playing style, formation and personnel.

Whether fans will accept such mundane achievements only time will tell, but we can do without the Major being able to retire on the proceeds of his squeaky bum oil sales!

29 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Nothing wrong with criticism.
When it's surrounded in BS, well that's another thing.
LJ being a short arse, what has this got to do with his management?
SL supposedly being gas 5 decades ago, what has this to do with him being our owner now?
Etc.
These are all ad hominem attacks and nothing to do with the state of the football.

By all means, criticise but keep it to the point and not stray into the realms of absurdity/inaneness/etc.

Expect to be challenged always on this board no matter which side you sit on any argument.

1 hour ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Who really gives a **** if SL was Gas, makes it even more sweeter that a billionaire 'one of their own (supposedly)' decided to invest in their bitter rivals, the bitterness that comes from the Gas lags is absolutely hilarious :laughcont:

I use supposedly as @bcfcfinker states he just went on the odd occasion 50 years ago

Think you need to read back EP to get the context - no one has castigated SL for being a gashead or frequenting Eastville

It only came up because A poster making and trying to reinforce his point described how SL ' grew up,following City' which is not true and this was pointed out 

Then 'Everything I don't like is a lie or bullshit' poster stuck his nose in , in a tizz , as usual claiming it was all lies , as usual (yawn) and (as usual) 'demanding' proof 

That's all

As I've stated in this thread personally I don't really care that he was a Eastville frequenter but to sell him as a born and bred City fan is simply not true

Jon Tbf could be described in that way 

3 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

It's clear Bob that you take any disagreement with your way of thinking as a  personal attack on you and you really do need to take a chill pill. I take you with a pinch of salt for that reason.

Thankfully someone else provided something you seemed unable to and I've been able to have a listen to what was said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04zrnvh , April 29th and not March as you indicated (maybe you get a little excited when writing your posts?) - you weren't trying to waste my time were you Bob, you naughty boy. The recording will be available for another 19 days from today.

The conversation starts from about 37:30 to about 45:35.

At 39:20 SL says:

‘As a boy, I came up watching the Rovers at Eastville, I can’t remember my first game but I think it was around ’63/’64 so it was quite a long time ago and I went there because my friend took me and his dad and spasmodically went backwards and forwards to Eastville to watch them there but when it came to taking Jon, it was a question of where to go and Rovers were at Twerton Park and they weren’t in Bristol and I knew Des very well so it was a very easy way to get to see the game, to take him to a game and in a way Jon got me coming to Bristol City, as much as I got him coming to Bristol City…

There is no mention of the Tote End, but hey, we'll not allow these little exaggerations or embellishments strain our friendship.

If this candid admission of going to watch the gas with his mate and dad on an intermittent basis makes him a gashead, well so be it. Some might say that it's just teenagers hanging around. No doubt some on here will crucify him with this every time BCFC are doing badly and conveniently drop this when BCFC are doing well, such is the fickleness of some of our fans.

I'm looking forward to next season and seeing where it takes us.

Upwards and onwards.

Any perceived criticism of Johnson/ The Club / Lansdown is met by you with the same nauseating drivel demanding evidence / proof

Embarrassing , and you have ignored not only what I but other posters have pointed out to you on this thread

You can think what you like of me , I couldn't give a monkeys **** but one thing I'm not is a liar 

You have to be. Bristol Sport Employee or have a pair of rose tinted spectacles 3" thick when your attempted defences of everything and anything amounts only ever to claim Lie / Bullshit

Truly laughable , and as I say you add nothing to any discussion except the drivel I've described above

As I said perhaps rather than spending so much time  trying to call people out , perhaps you could spend a little more interest in the Club and what goes on , then you wouldn't have to churn out the same stuff like a stuttering parrot 

The fact you didn't know the facts in relation to the owner you so vehemently protect like a surrogate love child , sort of says it all really

(Btw you've obviously missed it on more than one occasion as SL went into further detail when interviewed with Jon by GT , recently including how be became a member of board etc and it is also only you who has a issue of whether he stood on the Tote End or any other part of Greyhound Track Stadia and whatever relevance that may have)

You seem to miss a lot 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Any perceived criticism of Johnson/ The Club / Lansdown is met by you with the same nauseating drivel demanding evidence / proof

Embarrassing , and you have ignored not only what I but other posters have pointed out to you on this thread

You can think what you like of me , I couldn't give a monkeys **** but one thing I'm not is a liar 

You have to be. Bristol Sport Employee or have a pair of rose tinted spectacles 3" thick when your attempted defences of everything and anything amounts only ever to claim Lie / Bullshit

Truly laughable , and as I say you add nothing to any discussion except the drivel I've described above

As I said perhaps rather than spending so much time  trying to call people out , perhaps you could spend a little more interest in the Club and what goes on , then you wouldn't have to churn out the same stuff like a stuttering parrot 

The fact you didn't know the facts in relation to the owner you so vehemently protect like a surrogate love child , sort of says it all really

(Btw you've obviously missed it on more than one occasion as SL went into further detail when interviewed with Jon by GT , recently including how be became a member of board etc and it is also only you who has a issue of whether he stood on the Tote End or any other part of Greyhound Track Stadia and whatever relevance that may have)

You seem to miss a lot 

Bob, just calm down. Deep breaths, count to 10 and you'll feel better in the morning.

Archived