IGNORED

Stevie Cotterill, there's only one

AppyDAZE

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

This photo sums the guy up completely 

IMG_4779.PNG

That's just mint!

Nice to see him happy again, towards the end of his tenure I thought he was going to have a heart attack/ stroke, he looked that ill. 

There is only one Steve Cotterill… just a shame he isn't our coach/manager anymore. 

16 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

If he was afforded half the support and budget Johnson got we'd not have been anywhere near this place. Sadly his face didn't fit in with what Bristol Sport want. 

In a nutshell.

He's not a robotic figure that Lansdown can tell what to do. He's a proper man manager and there is not enough blokes in the game like him! Could tell he enjoyed every moment of that at the end.

Massive respect to Steve. 

As others have said I thought it was very telling that he took time after the match when you would have expected him to be with his own players, or with the club that's currently employing him at least. He might have wondered what sort of reception he would get as I didn't hear any 'welcome back' type greeting before the match, but maybe we don't for assistants anyway?

Anyway it was nice to show our appreciation and hopefully give him a final good memory.

Absolutely adore this man. In a gay way. Seriously though, what an absolute hero that man is, proper footballing man, a real character and had he been backed like LJ I'm sure he would've succeeded.

Just echo other comments really. Cotterill will always be a legend in my eyes for what he achieved at the gate, and should still be our manager now, he wasn't backed financially in the championship and his sacking was a disgrace. 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I got a video. I wonder if it'll post. 

WOW Thanks @Dollymarie that is officially AWESOME we're on our hols, had a few Ciders and I can't lie but wathing that has made us emotional and whistfull. The send off the bloke deserved. He'll always have a place in the cherished memories category :clap:

Very dignified from SC. Kept quite a low profile at kick off and then gave us a chance to say both 'thank you' and 'goodbye' at the end. Very emotional and a proper send off for the man who provided the best season I'll possibly ever witness.

Thanks again Steve, all the best for the future :clap:

Just now, I'm Sparti-Bob said:

Very dignified from SC. Kept quite a low profile at kick off and then gave us a chance to say both 'thank you' and 'goodbye' at the end. Very emotional and a proper send off for the man who provided the best season I'll possibly ever witness.

Thanks again Steve, all the best for the future :clap:

Yep. He played that very well. I feel he's finally said the goodbye he deserved. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Would've loved for the walk around the pitch from him to be in a City jacket. Straight talking, passionate, no fluffy bullshit terms about 1%s and pencils being sharp. 

How the board treated him is a disgrace. 

100 % correct. He was shafted and hung out to dry. 

A straight talking what you see is what you get proper bloke, a ******* good coach and had the respect of all his players. 

All the things missing in our current "head coach". 

The board - i.e. Lansdown - should be ashamed not just how Cotterill was treated but the impact on our club.

8 hours ago, NickJ said:

100 % correct. He was shafted and hung out to dry.

A straight talking what you see is what you get proper bloke, a ******* good coach and had the respect of all his players.

All the things missing in our current "head coach".

The board - i.e. Lansdown - should be ashamed not just how Cotterill was treated but the impact on our club.

cant argue with that best manager in my lifetime by a mile except  for mr cooper obviously.  terry coopers red and white army

Just now, Star of a gunner said:

cant argue with that best manager in my lifetime by a mile except  for mr cooper obviously.  terry coopers red and white army

Mark Cooper set things up nicely for this season too :fear:

5 minutes ago, Star of a gunner said:

If You can remember TC surely big Joe comes into your thinking?

2 hours ago, Reading Red UTC said:

I wasn't standing on anything I swear! Top bloke, could tell he was genuinely gutted about losing the city job! 

Like someone else said... You do know if Flint goes, you're playing next season

50 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I wish this man still led our club. Made me feel part of something brilliant, this current mob are nowhere near the same. 

Thank you cotts. 

Was romantic, passionate and emotional. Current crop is like supporting your pension fund. 

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Not bothered pal. Share and share alike I say. Just not bodily fluids. Ick.

You're confusing me, Septic. Are you saying share not bodily fluids (dont share fluids) or not JUST bodily fluids? This could be bigger than LJ stay or go  

If we could only just clone an Alan Dicks meets Joe Jordan meets John Ward (yeah , I know) meets GARY J meets  Stevie C meets ...  and so it goes

In fairness we've had some crap times,. but it's not been at all as bad as some would have it

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

If we could only just clone an Alan Dicks meets Joe Jordan meets John Ward (yeah , I know) meets GARY J meets  Stevie C meets ...  and so it goes

In fairness we've had some crap times,. but it's not been at all as bad as some would have it

Managers that thrive without interference. 

Archived