IGNORED

Engvall.

Garland-sweden

While our end of season form does make the decision to let him get games elsewhere make sense, a part of him is gutted we didn't perhaps give him more game time in order to have him ready for next season.

Strikes me as in the Taylor mould, so were we to use them both in squad next season, hopefully we'd start seeing the best of him in a City shirt.

And good on the lad getting goals; nice to see he's got the knack.

There is a good player in there. I only saw him the once but offered the same as Taylor only with a quality touch. I don't know where his future lies after the year he had but if we keep him, he could be the best of what we have left. Granted that may not be saying much but considering he could be our best striker at 20 and the other two are late 20s I think shows that he's a talent 

1 hour ago, samo II said:

While our end of season form does make the decision to let him get games elsewhere make sense, a part of him is gutted we didn't perhaps give him more game time in order to have him ready for next season.

Strikes me as in the Taylor mould, so were we to use them both in squad next season, hopefully we'd start seeing the best of him in a City shirt.

And good on the lad getting goals; nice to see he's got the knack.

Pity it's not in the Bob Taylor mould really...

This can only be good for us.

Either we get a player back high on confidence or he stays in Sweden and we get more of our money back.

Personally I simply cannot believe he is poorer than Taylor.

Dont think the swedish club, Djurgården, have the money to buy him. Engvall earns more money a week in City than a month in Sweden. We have Taylor, Djuric, Engvall and Mclousky. Dont know about Burns. Maybe a new striker coming in. The swedish youth team is good and there is Engvall a starter. Think and hope Engvall will make it in City.

8 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Dont think the swedish club, Djurgården, have the money to buy him. Engvall earns more money a week in City than a month in Sweden. We have Taylor, Djuric, Engvall and Mclousky. Dont know about Burns. Maybe a new striker coming in. The swedish youth team is good and there is Engvall a starter. Think and hope Engvall will make it in City.

Isn`t Djurgarden`s owner very rich though, Tommy was talking about it a while back I think.

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This can only be good for us.

Either we get a player back high on confidence or he stays in Sweden and we get more of our money back.

Personally I simply cannot believe he is poorer than Taylor.

I do find it a little weird we pulled in Taylor who is older and has no experience at this level rather than play Engvall, but Taylor has done okay - not quite the razor-sharp poacher with minimal work rate I thought we'd be getting (almost the opposite) but has certainly contributed during the run-in.

Just hope Engvall doesn't end up a 'one that gets away' and fails to get a chance here, only to do well elsewhere - if he's crap for us, so be it, but just hope a decent loan and perhaps making the Swedish under 21s for the summer games gets him some minutes for us.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Isn`t Djurgarden`s owner very rich though, Tommy was talking about it a while back I think.

Its probably right, but think the price is to high anyway. Rich people in Sweden arnt so rich as in England I think. Dont know how rich the swedish guy is. Djurgården is fr Stockholm and I live in a small town 250 km north of Stockholm. If Djurgården wanted to buy Engvall then they had bought him direct fr.o.m IFK Göteborg. In Sweden the price for Envgvall was very high. IFK Göteborg made good buisness.

2 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

He scores here in Sweden. Twice in the firrst 45 min. When he returns to City he will hopefully be fit. Good for his confidence to score. We will see how it works out for him next season. He got potential I think.

Will be great if we draw Malmo in the Europa cup then .

Engvall have played two more games for Djurgården in the leauge. 0-1 vs AIK in the Stockholm derby. 4-1 win vs afc Eskilstuna , they are bottom in the table. No goals for Gustav and he have been anonymunus, funny word dont know If its right. Ok, he have not been good. It will be Interesting when he Come back to preseason. Not seen him play live, so I really dont know if he is sharp or not.

41 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Thanks for update Sweden. Don't worry about your English spelling as it's tons better than our Swedish.

The word is anonymous which means "without name". In football it means "not prominent in the game".

Ok, thanks. In swedish we say, han var anonym. In english you say, he was not not prominent in the game. About a footballer. Not so very very big diffirense. He was. Han var. Ok, anyway Coyr!!!

Think engval should be given a  chance not really fair that some on here are writing him off when he has had such little game time, the one time I did see him play home to hull in the cup though he did well and was really impressed with his touch and awareness (granted you need a great deal more to score goals ) but he is 21 and think he is good potential, if we are giving  Matty games who certainly has his limitations, I really hope Johnson gives gus some decent games time pre season before he is written off. 

17 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Think engval should be given a  chance not really fair that some on here are writing him off when he has had such little game time, the one time I did see him play home to hull in the cup though he did well and was really impressed with his touch and awareness (granted you need a great deal more to score goals ) but he is 21 and think he is good potential, if we are giving  Matty games who certainly has his limitations, I really hope Johnson gives gus some decent games time pre season before he is written off. 

Spot on that; I was also impressed against Hull but game time next season I can still see being a problem.

He needs to arrive for pre-season in a positive frame of mind, hit the ground running and score goals early on, otherwise with a Tammy replacement probably coming in and other strikers on books plus "McGoalsky" also now in the frame he could be bench warming again.

Archived