IGNORED

Our goalscoring forward?, Engvall (Merged)

1960maaan

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can't have sentiment when you have a career in front of you that he does.............

Can you ? .......:fingerscrossed:

Wonder what the other players think when a loanee sweeps the board with the awards !!!

Well it just shows the strength and depth of our squad. Still massive changes needed for next season!

He'll bang in the goals next season - Swedish top flight isn't too bad of a league. Hat trick at the weekend a good sign for us. Just hoping we resist the urge to sell if Djurgardens make an offer for him. Think he's definitely a better option than Taylor

Personally and I hope I am wrong here, I don't think he will play another game for us. I have watched him in the shooting drills, when he was involved in the squad, and he was less than average to say the least. That and what a couple of posters, who would be ITK, said a couple of months ago I cannot see him making it in the Championship. I so hope I am wrong, as to succeed we need to find some gems from the European leagues.

On 2017-5-7 at 20:26, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can't have sentiment when you have a career in front of you that he does.............

Can you ? .......:fingerscrossed:

Wonder what the other players think when a loanee sweeps the board with the awards !!!

I was stood quite close to the squad at the side of the stage, on Sunday. Quite a lot of eye rolling and shuffling of feet during the love in for Tammy. Mainly the younger players. The more senior players seemed pleased for him.

6 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

I was stood quite close to the squad at the side of the stage, on Sunday. Quite a lot of eye rolling and shuffling of feet during the love in for Tammy. Mainly the younger players. The more senior players seemed pleased for him.

I think it's a good thing. Motivation for the youngsters, gives them a whopping great bar to reach, senior players it just breeds friendly competition. Congrats to the bloke, I hope he keeps sweeping awards in the higher reaches of the game.

6 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I think once he has bulked up a bit, he could be some player. Got the pace, touch and seems to now know where the back of the net is. Was impressed with his work rate in the hull game. Did not stop running. I think after this loan and the under 21 euros, we should get him out on loan to a league one side till January. A side who's manager intends to use him as a lone striker. That will be a good test to see how close he is to being a championship player. 

Good shout that. Definitely needs a bit of muscle on him but after that who knows.

On 08/05/2017 at 10:45, streety_bcfc said:

But my god that defending is crap. Hope he kicks on though should give him much needed confidence.

No matter what age you are/league you're in, the finish for the one touch/turn goal is class. So natural. 

Hopefully he gets a chance when back. 

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

No matter what age you are/league you're in, the finish for the one touch/turn goal is class. So natural. 

Hopefully he gets a chance when back. 

The touch and finish is great. However I dont think the ball would ever have got to him if this was in the Championship.

I would love to know how Gustav feels this year has gone.... 

Does he understand it takes time to adapt, hungry to come back to the English  Championship and fight for a place OR annoyed he wasn't given a chance,  wants to prove himself and leave?

From what I see, he has been very quiet about it all... Maybe I've missed something?

On 5/9/2017 at 17:55, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Personally and I hope I am wrong here, I don't think he will play another game for us. I have watched him in the shooting drills, when he was involved in the squad, and he was less than average to say the least. That and what a couple of posters, who would be ITK, said a couple of months ago I cannot see him making it in the Championship. I so hope I am wrong, as to succeed we need to find some gems from the European leagues.

Hmmm. The goal's the same size in Sweden as it is here, and if he can play in the Champion's League he can play in the Championship for sure!

You can't underestimate the effect of "Mr Demotivator" at our club. GE was probably pissed off as hell with not being given a proper chance and his brief cameos came as we were starting to nosedive and in those games even those who would look strong performers later, could hardly string a pass together.

Also remember that one of the ITK's who posted about Engvall had his own agenda.

On 09/05/2017 at 17:55, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Have you watched Taylor as well ??? I can say the same about him yet people are willing to give him a chance, might be due to comedy value but I don't think Taylor is any better and Engvall has time to improve. 2 things , confidence and opportunity . He's getting the former by scoring, we'll have to wait and see if he get's the opportunity next year.

On 2017-5-9 at 11:40, tomhbcfc said:

He'll bang in the goals next season - Swedish top flight isn't too bad of a league. Hat trick at the weekend a good sign for us. Just hoping we resist the urge to sell if Djurgardens make an offer for him. Think he's definitely a better option than Taylor

1 hour ago, Lordofthebling said:

I would love to know how Gustav feels this year has gone.... 

Does he understand it takes time to adapt, hungry to come back to the English  Championship and fight for a place OR annoyed he wasn't given a chance,  wants to prove himself and leave?

From what I see, he has been very quiet about it all... Maybe I've missed something?

I doubt he has any love for the club he's played hardly any games, been dumped into the reserves / U23's, told he is not up to Championship level at the moment by the club and then had his loan move to Sweden cancelled twice (both times he was already out their training with them) before the third time it went through - even though no matter how many injuries we had it was obvious he would be the last player to make the team sheet.

The kid seems a natural goalscorer - god knows how he did not get a proper chance 

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

I doubt he has any love for the club he's played hardly any games, been dumped into the reserves / U23's, told he is not up to Championship level at the moment by the club and then had his loan move to Sweden cancelled twice (both times he was already out their training with them) before the third time it went through - even though no matter how many injuries we had it was obvious he would be the last player to make the team sheet.

The kid seems a natural goalscorer - god knows how he did not get a proper chance 

To be fair, a fair few of the goals wouldn't be scored in the Championship because the goalkeepers in this league can actually make saves and the defenders can actually tackle.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

To be fair, a fair few of the goals wouldn't be scored in the Championship because the goalkeepers in this league can actually make saves and the defenders can actually tackle.

Sure that's why we conceded 66 goals in 46 games - rock solid defence that gives opposition strikers no chances.

He creates space, runs onto through balls, has a eye for the goal and can hold of players - those things don't change.

Just now, Fiale said:

Sure that's why we conceded 66 goals in 46 games - rock solid defence that gives opposition strikers no chances.

He creates space, runs onto through balls, has a eye for the goal and can hold of players - those things don't change.

When you're playing against stronger defenders, you don't hold them off as easy. When you shoot against better keepers, you score less.

Have you seen the defending for 2/3 of those goals? I winced. You don't have defenders kicking the ball against each other 4 yards out when playing solid Championship teams.

Archived