IGNORED

A tale of two managers - LJ bouncing & Cotts respect

Fordy62

Just now, lenred said:

Think you need to calm down JamesBCFC. But thank you for he English Language lesson nevertheless. 

Lots of actual points already in this thread, from me and plenty of others for you to continue to get mortally upset on LJ's behalf about though so that should keep you going. You crack on.   

I'm perfectly calm.

It is you imagining things to take offense at, or getting upset by someone bouncing on request for a few seconds.

It is crazy the lengths people will go to criticise someone. Plenty of ammo out there if you want to have a go a LJ but this is frankly ridiculous.

What next? 'Did anyone notice LJ was on the touchline breathing during the match? Using up all the player oxygen he was! Bet Redknapp and Cottrill held their breath for 90 mins but they're real managers.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

I'm perfectly calm.

It is you imagining things to take offense at, or getting upset by someone bouncing on request for a few seconds.

I'm not 'imagining' anything. Out of the blue you told me to 'calm down for **** sake' for having the audacity to get something wrong. So quit with the false accusations and try to calm down. 

19 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Look through every weekly anti-Johnson post and find the same 5-10 names that like the same negative comments made by eachother. Won't be difficult to find.

It's alright. When we have finished burning a few books we will get round to rounding them up for you. :laugh:

SL can do what he wan't. I don't care. Not another relegation battle is all I ask for. I can take the total shit and wasting loads of money but not another relegation battle. Celebrating staying up on top of a total waste of a hughe amount of money rice some severe concerns. Step up or piss off. In my opinion. People might have other opinions but this must come to an end. In my opinion. 

3 hours ago, lenred said:

I'm not 'imagining' anything. Out of the blue you told me to 'calm down for **** sake' for having the audacity to get something wrong. So quit with the false accusations and try to calm down. 

No I didn't.

And then you have the cheek to accuse me of false accusation.

Frankly I won't bother with you on this topic anymore, it's apparent that you are looking for something to quarrel over.

I would say "have a good evening" but even that would likely cause issue with you.

After the severe amount of money SL lost in January he will be very happy to buy in to the idea that we got a promising young squad on the rice. Hopefully luck will be on our side but it's not very likely. If Steve got some avereness he will understand he will have to dig deep down his pocket once again. Long may Steves wallet continue to feed us. 

16 minutes ago, Leaning To One Side said:

Haha calm down people

Anyone else wondering if Fordy is sat back in his Dr Evil costume with his feet up sniggering at everyone tearing into each other.

Reel 'em all in Fordy :clapping:

I wish mate. I'm a bit saddened by it all truth be told. 

5 hours ago, lenred said:

It wasn't a tale. It happened.  The Photographic evidence is there for  all to see. And if you, and anyone else think it's acceptable after the season we've had, to bounce around on a stage, whatever the circumstance, then that is your prerogative. But some, including me, will think it a complete embarrassment,  tinpot even. Like something our blue neighbours would do. He could have said no.

But whatever your viewpoint there was no ranting about this in the OP. Which in this case is the accusation made.  

What do you expect him to do?

Break down in tears? Don a hair-shirt and start flagellating himself?

We won 6 of our last 10 games, stopped the death spin and finished 17th - 5 places higher up the Championship table than where the man being applauded around the pitch left us.

It was a disappointing last game and a disappointing season, but I think the reaction to Johnson joining in with the end-of-term fun day is the thing that is tinpot. Posters sound like bitter Gasheads.

If he'd have pissed off back to Portishead straight after the players' lap, can you imagine the slagging off he'd have got here?

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

We would never have survived under SC due to his refusal to ditch the 3atb system. Tactically he was found out at this level.

He just isn't cut out to be a Championship manager.

Codswallop.

When Cotterill left Burnley he was the Championship's longest serving manager at 3 years 7 months.

Such unusual longevity completely annihilates your ridiculous assertion that he isn't cut out to manage at Championship level.

After a long season where he has come under some unbelievable pressure I think he has every right to let his hair down for a while. And I wanted him gone during that god awful run.

People need to move on and wipe the slate clean for next season. Mistakes were made, he proved me wrong by finding a way to get this squad back to winning games. We've had a close shave this season, I hope that everybody at BCFC will sit down and be brutally honest in the summer, loading a squad with so much mediocrity and potential will only end up one way, we dodged a bullet this season, the senior staff need to make sure that we find some real quality over the summer to push on. If we go down the same path recruiting in the summer we'll be gone next season.

First port of call is to find a central midfielder who isn't terrified of making a forward run.

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Codswallop.

When Cotterill left Burnley he was the Championship's longest serving manager at 3 years 7 months.

Such unusual longevity completely annihilates your ridiculous assertion that he isn't cut out to manage at Championship level.

Different times back then. There wasn't the pressure you now get from social media etc. In today's football world he wouldn't get 3 years there.

They were steady under him but nothing spectacular. 

That was over 10 years ago and the Championship has changed dramatically in that time. Unfortunately SC hasnt changed with the times. With that in mind I stand by my 'ridiculous assertion'

Gary Johnson arguably one of our best managers in recent history who also had a long stay here is now managing at the bottom of league two. 

Dave Jones another one who is experienced and spent many years at Cardiff has just pretty much overseen Hartlepool be relegated from the football league.

Your point is entirely invalid as these old school managers are out of touch with the modern game.

If Cotts takes over at Birmingham I'll be staking a lot of money on them to be relegated. 

23 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Shut up you bell. People are entitled to their own opinion. 

I'm sorry if you're a bit simple but this 'theme' this forum has of accusing people of not being proper fans is so bizarre. Makes you sound very, let's say, unlucky in life. 

Grow up. 

I was replying to a poster that is constantly nagavative towards our manager and owner.   He only posts when we lose or our previous manager, who was taking us back to L1 when he was fired is mentioned. 

If that makes me sound 'simple' or 'unlucky in life' then so be it.  I can sleep easy knowing that I am neither, if anything I'm the opposite and can see and understand what our billionair owner is trying to establish and achive at Bristol City.  

16 minutes ago, Fishponds_Red said:

I was replying to a poster that is constantly nagavative towards our manager and owner.   He only posts when we lose or our previous manager, who was taking us back to L1 when he was fired is mentioned. 

If that makes me sound 'simple' or 'unlucky in life' then so be it.  I can sleep easy knowing that I am neither, if anything I'm the opposite and can see and understand what our billionair owner is trying to establish and achive at Bristol City.  

I find it amusing that my views offend you so much that you have taken to name calling and childish digs rather than debating the points.

You should gang up with @Tireeand @Hampshire Red, they also like to pick off posters who are critical of "three windows"and critical of the man who appointed him.

Archived