IGNORED

OTIB - Until Next Season!

Tin Soldier

No doubt we will all be looking a grossly inflated threads regarding summer transfer targets....both real and fictitious. Not looking forward to nearly 3 months of no Footy and plenty of speculation driven, in part, by the Post!

Until next season..COYR!

25 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Just imagine the ground if the Park End (I refuse to call it anything else) was redeveloped?

It would look utterly stunning, I agree but does it make any sense?

Assuming we would mirror the South stand, would there be any point as we would have to lose seats for segregation so wouldn't really gain much, if anything, especially given the cost.

If it was going 2 tier, a la Lansdown then it would benefit but the South stand (including corners) holds just over 6,000. We would have already lost one corner in the Lansdown  / North stand corner and then lose segregation space on the other side. The current Atyeo holds around 4,300 (?) so I wouldn't imagine a North stand a la South stand, would actually give us anything but a cosmetic improvement.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Assuming we would mirror the South stand, would there be any point as we would have to lose seats for segregation so wouldn't really gain much, if anything, especially given the cost.

If it was going 2 tier, a la Lansdown then it would benefit but the South stand (including corners) holds just over 6,000. We would have already lost one corner in the Lansdown  / North stand corner and then lose segregation space on the other side. The current Atyeo holds around 4,300 (?) so I wouldn't imagine a North stand a la South stand, would actually give us anything but a cosmetic improvement.

Well that's one piece of cosmetic surgery that would actually improve something.

As someone living away from Bristol can I just say that AG looks gurt lush and those of you able to attend home matches are lucky b*****s.

Now all we need is a team as good as the stadium. 

Thanks to all of you for posting those super photos .

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I like the idea of one super massive single tier - but it would be dependent on the houses being demolished.

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

I like the idea of one super massive single tier - but it would be dependent on the houses being demolished.

Then rip down Nelson Mandela house and mirror the Lansdown on that side, jobs a good un 

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Then rip down Nelson Mandela house and mirror the Lansdown on that side, jobs a good un 

We'd be at 35,000 plus if that ever happened! 

I don't think they would build a mirror of the South stand at the park end as it's just not worth it. It would have to be a fair bit bigger to warrant the expense (price per extra seat) and, let's be honest, we don't really need it.

It would be nice for the stadium to be fully upgraded but I can't see it happening for a long time TBH.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Concrete cancer will do that for us !

And if you're going to mirror the West Stand , would be rude not to sort the South Stand to match and continue the curve

;)

On a serious note - I can see the Atyeo End development happening and that would give us a fantastic completed stadium for the forseeable

If we ever then sold out on a regular basis that would be the time to consider the viability of any expansion

We could always get some large marquees :laughcont:

16 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

It's all good. If Millwall come up, they'll dismantle the Atyeo for us. Free of charge!

On 5/9/2017 at 16:16, Ska Junkie said:

That corner would be integrated with the top being lopped off and stand seating created.

On 5/10/2017 at 08:32, Septic Peg said:

It's all good. If Millwall come up, they'll dismantle the Atyeo for us. Free of charge!

That's now on the agenda then. 

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

That corner would be integrated with the top being lopped off and stand seating created.

I'm not sure I get you Havana. Are you saying the entrance building, where the police box is would be 'topped' with more seats a la Lansdown upper tier and the top tier wrap around to end where the Dolman is? Surely that would't work as the Dolman roof would block the view.

If the upper tier ended pretty much where the Dolman side of the Atyeo ends currently, it would make sense as no view would be blocked and the lower tier could wrap round or be left open for vehicular access.

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm not sure I get you Havana. Are you saying the entrance building, where the police box is would be 'topped' with more seats a la Lansdown upper tier and the top tier wrap around to end where the Dolman is? Surely that would't work as the Dolman roof would block the view.

If the upper tier ended pretty much where the Dolman side of the Atyeo ends currently, it would make sense as no view would be blocked and the lower tier could wrap round or be left open for vehicular access.

Can't do that.

WAGs need that spot for sipping prosecco and topping up the tan from Marbs...

Archived