IGNORED

Potential signings - Who would you like to see join?

Tipps69

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd like the club to sign a lad from Kingswood, isnt at a club so will be cheap, I'll *cough* I mean he will take lower wages than most Championship players and you can guarentee 100% commitment in every game, dead rubber or not. 

He's only 21 so has room to improve too and fits in with the 5 pillars.

His first name is James. Sign him up LJ

Is his surname BCFC ? by any remote chance ? 

3 hours ago, redcherryberry said:

1 goal, 3 assists plus 1000 step overs & Cruyff turns in 40+ games.

Speak with Barnsley fans he's extremely frustrating. Easy on the eye with his skills but zero end product.

We watched Kent & had meeting with his agent last summer but decided against it at that time.

Didn't we used to have one like that?

55 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I can make my own judgements thanks!! 

He's a young player who will add goals and assists to his game as he gets older I would imagine.

I also go to football to be entertained, Ryan Kent was easily the most exciting player I've watched play against city this season. 

I certainly noticed him at the game a few weeks back. Looked very good. Gallagher at Blackburn is another I liked the look of who's already been mentioned by a few on here as well. Also liked the look of Jota against Brentford a few weeks back and Barkhuizen of Preston. Maybe Bailey could have a word. 

Would be happy with Marley Watkins who we have been linked with. 

Ruddy would be nice but we always seem to come back to Frankie and I think he hasn't done much this season to let us down. Be interested to see if he promotes Lucic to the bench. 

RB is a must. 

4 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Would be happy with Marley Watkins who we have been linked with. 

Ruddy would be nice but we always seem to come back to Frankie and I think he hasn't done much this season to let us down. Be interested to see if he promotes Lucic to the bench. 

RB is a must. 

Good shout with ruddy must still be on big wages and have lots of clubs after him though. 

2 hours ago, Evy11_BCFC said:

Josh Scowen (Barnsley) - Out of contract

Sam Gallagher (Southampton)

Are the two I hope we have a serious interest in.

It's funny you mention Scowen, i was impressed with him the other week, more so than Kent. Couldn't see all the fuss about Kent personally considering the amount of space he was given to work in. Not too much end product.

Ollie Watkins

Marley Watkins 

Sammy Baldock - Brighton will keep Murray sign another striker and will sell either Baldock or Nemed? Either of which I would have in a heartbeat at AG

Would people risk Will Grigg? Can't see him being too much after all the excitement last summer but certainly knows where the goal is with the right support. 

RB - I would like to see Darikwa from Burnley, McLaughlin from Fleetwood has been very good for them. 

6 hours ago, lenred said:

Barkhuizen of Preston. Maybe Bailey could have a word. 

Anyone interested would have a tough job getting him. He only joined in January and has 2 years left. He's a local lad too (he's actually a bloody Blackpool fan!) and to be honest I expect him to get a new deal + pay rise very soon from the club after an outstanding half a season stepping up from League 2.

6 hours ago, Evy11_BCFC said:

Josh Scowen (Barnsley) - Out of contract

Alan Nixon (as you know very hit and miss) linked us to him recently. Can't see it happening though as I read he wants to move back down south.

Ryan Kent from Liverpool seems exactly the sort of player we'd be after. Direct running, fair bit of skill, dribbling is up there with the best in the Championship. Needs to improve his goal return but I'd definitely like to have him in a City shirt next seaso. I'd like Hourihane from Villa or Scowen from Barnsley too, both seem to be good players, don't know if Villa would be willing to sell us Hourihane seeing as he's only joined recently but he's not played a lot. I think Scowen is out of contract too, could be a tidy player.

Darikwa, the full back positions are my biggest concern.

Looking at goals for next season Djuric and Matty may need more time to adapt before being our main threats, I'd fancy a decent bid to Villa for Ross McCormack after they loaned him out this season. He wasn't great this year but previously he's been raking in Championship goals. Nick Powell is a punt worth taking too I reckon. 

GK - David Marshall, one of the best keepers I've seen at this level and seems to be surplus to requirements at Hull. (Not sure if injured) In my opinion we have 2 of the worst keepers in the league. 

RB - As already said Darikwa or McLaughlin. Both very good players and certainly an area to look at. 

CB - Dean at Brentford would be a massive one for me and I think Hordur has a part to play next season. I have stated I think nothing of BW and we must replace him. 

CM - Important to keep hold of MP who has been exceptionally for the past 10 games IMO.

Also think Loftus Cheek could be a loan shout with him in desperate need of games but possibly too good for us

ST - I've said it around 10 times on this forum but Cyle Larin would be an unbelievable signing. Banging goals in for Orlando, he's quick, strong and his finishing is great. 

Closer to home I'd say Baldock would be a reasonable shout or a loan bid for Dom Solanke seeing as Chelsea are so impressed with what we've done with Tammy 

14 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Harry Wilson - Liverpool - has captained their U-23 side, scored just short of 30 goals (also takes pens) and has over 20 assists.

We had his grandad, who won £125k when Harry made his Wales debut, in our pub a few weeks ago, Harry wanted to go out on loan but klopp won't let him as he sees him in the first team squad soon. 

7 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

GK - David Marshall, one of the best keepers I've seen at this level and seems to be surplus to requirements at Hull. (Not sure if injured) In my opinion we have 2 of the worst keepers in the league. 

RB - As already said Darikwa or McLaughlin. Both very good players and certainly an area to look at. 

CB - Dean at Brentford would be a massive one for me and I think Hordur has a part to play next season. I have stated I think nothing of BW and we must replace him. 

CM - Important to keep hold of MP who has been exceptionally for the past 10 games IMO.

Also think Loftus Cheek could be a loan shout with him in desperate need of games but possibly too good for us

ST - I've said it around 10 times on this forum but Cyle Larin would be an unbelievable signing. Banging goals in for Orlando, he's quick, strong and his finishing is great. 

Closer to home I'd say Baldock would be a reasonable shout or a loan bid for Dom Solanke seeing as Chelsea are so impressed with what we've done with Tammy 

No thanks to Baldock. And there's no way we would get Loftus Cheek

7 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Anyone interested would have a tough job getting him. He only joined in January and has 2 years left. He's a local lad too (he's actually a bloody Blackpool fan!) and to be honest I expect him to get a new deal + pay rise very soon from the club after an outstanding half a season stepping up from League 2.

Alan Nixon (as you know very hit and miss) linked us to him recently. Can't see it happening though as I read he wants to move back down south.

That scuppers my Bailey Wright theory then!  Fair play. Think he has a big future and looks like he fits in very well with your system. I work with a PNE season ticket holder and they rave about him. 

22 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd like the club to sign a lad from Kingswood, isnt at a club so will be cheap, I'll *cough* I mean he will take lower wages than most Championship players and you can guarentee 100% commitment in every game, dead rubber or not. 

He's only 21 so has room to improve too and fits in with the 5 pillars.

His first name is James. Sign him up LJ

Does he play RB?

Has he got a Merc for the next Chelsea on loan starlet to smash up near Failand?

Important deal-breaking questions.

15 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Does he play RB?

Has he got a Merc for the next Chelsea on loan starlet to smash up near Failand?

Important deal-breaking questions.

He prefers a midfield role, but has been a makeshift full back before. 

Isn't afraid to make runs forward, though lacks pace. Tries to make up for this through sheer determination and is not afraid to put a tackle in.

Doesn't have a car, but is more than happy for the next Chelsea starlet to smash a few of the busses.

Archived