IGNORED

New home kit (Merged)

SecretSam

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

No - current shirt sponsor assumedly runs to the end of the month - just incase we got to the playoffs

Guess we'll see more then?

That is assuming the sponsor is different?

Wouldn't have thought so - the away shirt was released this week with Lancer Scott as shirt sponsor. Didn't they announce a multi-year sponsorship deal last year? Or is that my memory failing me again?

1 minute ago, WestonRobin said:

Wouldn't have thought so - the away shirt was released this week with Lancer Scott as shirt sponsor. Didn't they announce a multi-year sponsorship deal last year? Or is that my memory failing me again?

Yes they did.

"We’ve moved up a gear and have committed to four years as the main shirt sponsor and we are proud to do so"

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/lancer-scott-confirmed-as-new-city-sponsor-3074119.aspx

• Admin
1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Yes they did.

"We’ve moved up a gear and have committed to four years as the main shirt sponsor and we are proud to do so"

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/lancer-scott-confirmed-as-new-city-sponsor-3074119.aspx

Remember it being mentioned they would play in the new kit next season - had "wrongly" assumed it was down to a different sponsor

Certainly won't be a different kit supplier . . .

1 hour ago, Kotsy said:

@Dollymarie said it would be on sale just before the last game of the season.

It's like Sam Baldock all over again... ;)

Yep. And my info came from the FAN meeting back in November. Plan changed obviously, and they decided to release the away kit preview instead.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/fan-meeting-minutes-november-2016-3451465.aspx

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Another vote here for white shorts. History shows that we are much more successful with these :)

But relegated more times in white shorts than other colours.

Black= At least once...kaffer sports kit early 80's. 

Hopefully the club shop will be fully stocked , all year round usually kit released may time , by September sold out of most ages / sizes .    Usually fed the line   We won't be getting any more from our supplier , or that they let us down , pre  Christmas in laws went to by my lad some city , sold out or a selection of crap , I think we're their exact words ! Ahead of  surely profitable time ? 

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

How long ago did they say "we're doing a limited run of purple shirts and we won't be using purple again"? 

Did I misunderstand that?

I think if you have a Purple and Lime shirt from 14/15 (particularly in the "player cut" version) it will hold it's value and importance.

Unless we go on to win the championship next season!

7 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Yes they did.

Actually quite pleased about this, it's a fairly decent logo as logos go and looks OK on the shirt I think. A lot better than Bristol Trade Centre or - worse - a local pub...

• Admin

Is my memory playing tricks of did we not get one of our kits released until right up to the last moment a few seasons back?

Was wondering if it was as recent  as the promotion season - not why but have it in the back of my head there were comments about cashing in on the sales of the away purple kit that summer?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Is my memory playing tricks of did we not get one of our kits released until right up to the last moment a few seasons back?

Was wondering if it was as recent  as the promotion season - not why but have it in the back of my head there were comments about cashing in on the sales of the away purple kit that summer?

Yeah, two or three years ago, from memory? Very poor

Another vote for white shorts here, I'd not be averse to black, but defo not red. And if it is black shorts then lets do black socks as well

Just one point to make here....why oh why did they abandon the 'Pro Fit' cut. I'm guessing they didn't sell well? Too much hassle?  The promotion season kit looked so much better on me in that cut - not saying I am particularly athletic either :laugh:.  Even the regular fit purple and lime/White kits were more tailored that last season's kits which didn't fit me at all.  One to small, one to baggy.  You can guarantee the players get the Pro Fit versions every year.

15 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

I think if you have a Purple and Lime shirt from 14/15 (particularly in the "player cut" version) it will hold it's value and importance.

Unless we go on to win the championship next season!

I have all three kits from that season and bar one or two small snags they are in great shape.  My aim is to be able to fit into these into old age and to keep them pristine by only wearing on special occasions.  Makes me sad to see some of the trashed versions of the P&L walking into the Gate. Have people never heard of cool washes? #BoilWashIsNotYourFriend

1 hour ago, Yozzarian said:

I have all three kits from that season and bar one or two small snags they are in great shape.  My aim is to be able to fit into these into old age and to keep them pristine by only wearing on special occasions.  Makes me sad to see some of the trashed versions of the P&L walking into the Gate. Have people never heard of cool washes? #BoilWashIsNotYourFriend

I've only wore my shirt to all the games I've been to this season, so about 30 occasions and it's looking just as good as the day I brought it.

i remember some rumblings on here earlier in the season about us having a pinstripe home shirt for next season, I wonder whether we got news of the Forest shirt and decided against it this season rather than having a similar home shirt to someone else and maybe use it the season after, could explain not wearing it on the weekend and showing the away kit instead. 

On 08/05/2017 at 22:01, ChippenhamRed said:

Actually quite pleased about this, it's a fairly decent logo as logos go and looks OK on the shirt I think. A lot better than Bristol Trade Centre or - worse - a local pub...

That's not very Sportsman-like !

Archived