IGNORED

New home kit (Merged)

SecretSam

Just now, redpole said:

So kids won't be able to get there free shirt for holiday!! 

Depends when you go on holiday I suppose. Mid July is before most schools break up isn't it so technically the shirts might be available for the summer holiday as such. I don't know what the arrangements were last year, did you have to collect them from the shop once you got your ST, if so you might have to wait until those are sent out?

I thought there would be a delay with the launch, as I said the players aren't about until the first week of July for photoshoots etc, and probably the media department are holidaying too as they work most weekends during the season and don't take a break. It will be a quiet time now until the transfer frenzy starts. Now news here, move along.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Are you single or do you have an identical twin brother whom is single? Asking for a friend...

If your friend is Rachel Riley's body double, then I could be  single - but don't let Mrs Downend know!

If your friend IS Rachel Riley, then I'm definitely single and I don't care if Mrs Downend knows.

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Home shirt now released mid July. I checked yesterday with the football club. Am wondering (I wasn't told this, am just speculating) if something is changing with the sponsor, despite previous comments from the club. 

My guess is they will be milking the 'pre-order' on the purple shirt every way possible, before releasing a shirt that might canabalise those sales.

On 2017-5-9 at 22:40, hodge said:

You sometimes see the same template, but not that often in the same league, and then not the same colour combination as well. 

Actually almost every Nike kit last year used the same template and it's looking they've using a modified version of it for all kits this season. Umbro also use the same templates but modify them slightly and Adidas has 2-3 templates which they would mix and match between, it's one of the main reasons I love Bristol Sport being the kit supplier, they may not cater for the very large blokes like me but they do make unique kits that I like.

52 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

My guess is they will be milking the 'pre-order' on the purple shirt every way possible, before releasing a shirt that might canabalise those sales.

Good point, I'm now thinking the club may have done this wrong. If it was down to me I would have released the home kit first, people would probably have purchased it just because it was the home kit and would have something to wear on their holidays ( which seems an important factor to many). Two weeks before the start of the season I would have launched the purple kit, it seems wildly popular and then people would most likely want that too. 

Now it seems people are ordering the away kit and will wait and see if the home kit is very similar to last season, and if so won't be in such a great hurry to buy?

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Actually almost every Nike kit last year used the same template and it's looking they've using a modified version of it for all kits this season. Umbro also use the same templates but modify them slightly and Adidas has 2-3 templates which they would mix and match between, it's one of the main reasons I love Bristol Sport being the kit supplier, they may not cater for the very large blokes like me but they do make unique kits that I like.

But how often do you see the same template in the same league being the same colour scheme? I know Nike had the same templates but for the majority of what I saw it was mainly international teams who had it, Man City and a couple of foreign sides. 

2 hours ago, hodge said:

But how often do you see the same template in the same league being the same colour scheme? I know Nike had the same templates but for the majority of what I saw it was mainly international teams who had it, Man City and a couple of foreign sides. 

That'll be down to the teams, most suppliers ask them what colour combination they would like and give them examples. Only reason you don't see it a lot it because clubs tend to have the same schemes each season with the exception of away kits. Also top tier teams get special preference in their choices.

9 hours ago, redpole said:

So kids won't be able to get there free shirt for holiday!! 

I think the club are obliged to supply the free shirt in time for the new football season. Not by when Joe bloggs is taking the family to Bognor for the weekend!

4 hours ago, kmpowell said:

That's exactly what it will be. And spot on for doing so!

On the subject of shirt sponsors, if we need an alternative gimmick to the hashtags this year, Schalke's new sponsor is putting contactless payment chips in the sleeves of their shirts (can be used in the Veltins, which is already 100% cashless - in case you ever waste time queuing up without knowing :whistle2:).

http://www.sportbusiness.com/sport-news/schalke-signs-innovative-sleeve-sponsor-deal

591dcbd1439ad_ScreenShot2017-05-18at17_24_58.thumb.png.ad0b5b9113892bec7967cc6d68f1dc23.png

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 07:11, Dollymarie said:

Home shirt now released mid July. I checked yesterday with the football club. Am wondering (I wasn't told this, am just speculating) if something is changing with the sponsor, despite previous comments from the club. 

I can assure you the sponsor isn't changing.

Just now, Bicester Red said:

So usual City

Not bringing it out until end of summer

Just before start of season

We all want to wear it now during the summer!

It will still be summer in August.

I can't help think the club's missing a trick, but hey - they're the experts

On another note, was looking at a cycling page the other day and noticed that Bournemouth have their own range of cycling jerseys - perhaps BS should get into cycling as well?!?  It's a big thing in Bristol and beyond

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I can't help think the club's missing a trick, but hey - they're the experts

On another note, was looking at a cycling page the other day and noticed that Bournemouth have their own range of cycling jerseys - perhaps BS should get into cycling as well?!?  It's a big thing in Bristol and beyond

We know, it causes havoc with the crowds up The Mem.

Archived