IGNORED

tactical shoelaces

where's the joy

Never seen it done before, but to slow down the re-start after their goal Che Adams was instructed by Cotterill to bend down and pretend to tie his shoelaces.

Fair enough

but this was deliberately in our half of the pitch to prevent us kicking off again swiftly.

now as most equalisers are scored within minutes of the restart so its a dodgy but clever tactic

they went onto time waste for the rest of the match and the ref, who was truly awful, finally booked their goalie in extra time

watch out for tactical shoelaces by our team next year  !!!!

38 minutes ago, cynic said:

Shame SC didn't deploy such cheating tactics when he was mis-managing us in this division.

Says the biggest LJ fan on otib! 

The same poster who slates people for making bitchy comments about LJ.. Funny he makes the same comments about SC!!

Every team in the country does it. In yesteryear the game would be back underway within 20 seconds but now there is everybody huddled together for 30 seconds then they all amble back to there own half. You will always get one player, who when just approaching the halfway line, will decide that he needs to be on the other side of the pitch and then walks diagonally through the centre circle wasting another 5 seconds. It all adds up and is never added back on. I can remember when Sky used to put up at the end of the game how long the ball was in play. No wonder they have stopped doing it, as I would imagine the figure nowadays is an embarrassment.. #AMF

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Every team in the country does it. In yesteryear the game would be back underway within 20 seconds but now there is everybody huddled together for 30 seconds then they all amble back to there own half. You will always get one player, who when just approaching the halfway line, will decide that he needs to be on the other side of the pitch and then walks diagonally through the centre circle wasting another 5 seconds. It all adds up and is never added back on. I can remember when Sky used to put up at the end of the game how long the ball was in play. No wonder they have stopped doing it, as I would imagine the figure nowadays is an embarrassment.. #AMF

According to the Evil Post, LJ went to the refs room after the game to ask why the ball was only in play for 25 minutes of the second half.

17 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Ive been saying for years, football should have 90 minutes on a clock that counts down to 0. Stops when the ball is out of play and stoppages. This would sort out so many problems including the time wasting, that is ruining the game. 

It's infuriating isn't it. We probably only played about an hour of football on Sunday because of the time wasting. Such an easy solution too. No idea why it done. Brum were awful time wasters. Last season Hull were pretty bad too, pretty much from kick off. And Rotherham. God that was bad. 

17 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Ive been saying for years, football should have 90 minutes on a clock that counts down to 0. Stops when the ball is out of play and stoppages. This would sort out so many problems including the time wasting, that is ruining the game. 

We'd still be playing the 2nd half now.

• Admin
19 hours ago, Red Homer said:

According to the Evil Post, LJ went to the refs room after the game to ask why the ball was only in play for 25 minutes of the second half.

Because our 19 shots off target meant that they could

That Kusczak lad needs to be shot. Absolute *****. As JonDolman said, we should have a clock that counts down to zero. Time wasting is one of the worst problems in modern football.

On 08/05/2017 at 16:56, ExiledAjax said:

Are they? Genuinely. Are they really? If so then I'd never heard that stat before.

I'm sure I heard a similar stat many years ago that quoted a team that scores is at most risk of conceding within the next 6 minutes from the resultant KO

God knows why that has stuck in my mind when I couldn't tell you what I had for tea last week, but it has for some reason

I am completely  unable to back this up with any form of stats but it's stuck in my swede whether it be true or total rubbish

Archived