IGNORED

M Taylor - a poor waste of 300k?

reddogkev

I don't rate him, don't believe he's good enough for this level.  And even though it's not a lot of money for a football club, I reckon we've wasted money buying him (although preventing rovers from finishing in the top 6 was pretty shrewd).

He's far too slow, seems to have little ability, and so far, has not adapted to this level in terms of finishing.  Furthermore, I dislike City buying players from the gas, and I might be in the minority, but I can never shake the ingrained images I've seen of them celebrating in the blue and white quarters and subsequently, they forever remain tarnished.  With this in mind, I wouldn't even want him to do well for City!!!

I'd flog him back to the gas if I could.

Agree or disagree? Feel free to be vicious if you disagree, it's all fun!

Just now, reddogkev said:

I don't rate him, don't believe he's good enough for this level.  And even though it's not a lot of money for a football club, I reckon we've wasted money buying him (although preventing rovers from finishing in the top 6 was pretty shrewd).

He's far too slow, seems to have little ability, and so far, has not adapted to this level in terms of finishing.  Furthermore, I dislike City buying players from the gas, and I might be in the minority, but I can never shake the ingrained images I've seen of them celebrating in the blue and white quarters and subsequently, they forever remain tarnished.  With this in mind, I wouldn't even want him to do well for City!!!

Obviously you don't recognise a decent player when you see one - largely because he played for the Gas.......:disapointed2se:

Dear oh dear.........:facepalm:

Totally disagree mate. Think his work rate and drive brings a lot to the team. As Super said, 300k won't buy you much nowadays, certainly not a striker. I think he was a steal.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

At £300k he needs to do very little to justify a place in the squad let alone the team. He hasn't been a world beater but he doesn't need to be for that price. He's established himself in the starting 11 and made a decent contribution to securing our survival in a team that has performed better with him in it.

In other words, I don't know how you can conclude it's a waste of money. It's petty cash.

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Just shit stirring , well done 

Just now, Super said:

Didnt our form pick up with him playing up front with Tammy? Thought he did well despite the lack of goals. 300k is peanuts these days.

you can buy peanuts a lot cheaper at Lidle, Aldi, Tesco ,Sainsburys , Morrissons and probably Waitrose as well.

Dreadful post IMHO - Not sure whether it's meant to be humorous

You can't buy a Conference player with one leg for £300k these days and if we wanted to move him on would get our money back and plenty so definitely not a waste of money 

Has contributed to some vital wins and points and it could well be argued we've had his fees worth already

Will he establish himself here / in Championship ? - Not convinced right now but let's see how he gets on next season before rushing into strong opinions

As I've said previously , he's not what I was expecting at all and I wonder whether his future lies as an attacking midfielder rather than a goalscorer 

14 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

His large number of assists have proved crucial and the goals will come. Some terrible misses though as seems to be snatching at them; too eager to score. He should just do what comes naturally.

26 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

TBH you're having a bit of a mare here Kev. 

Good team player who played his part in City's improvement.  Works hard creating space for his strike partner and closing down defenders. Always on the move and dragging defenders out of position. And he is an aggressive little so and so.

I think with the summer training , he could get 10/12 goals next season.

Need someone to replace Tammy obviously. 

He gets about and pressures the opposition which is what we need but he does have the first touch of a gas head. Not quite doing it as far as goal scoring goes but has 7 assists since joining us which is a good return imo. If he could score as well, we would have a good player on our hands for very little.

first time at our level though, not a bad start

Seems to me that Taylor is the other side of the coin to Tomlin.

Tomlin cost loads, has all the skill and ability in the world but the team seems to do better with him not playing.

Taylor cost peanuts, seems a bit slow, not overly skilful and his finishing leaves a bit to be desired, but his inclusion coincided with our late season run of form and results and the team appeared to be better for him playing.

Taylor has done ok in my view. He's busy, has got some assists and has also created space for others through his movement. 

On the minus side he's not looked at all clinical in front of goal - maybe a case of trying too hard. Hopefully a goal will open the floodgates for him. 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

300k and on relatively low wages. Lots of assists for a short city career. This was his first season above League 2 give him a little while to reach his best. 

Got to be honest, that is a decent return with the assists, as has been mentioned somewhere above has he really scored twice?  I can only recall 1 goal.

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:
39 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Obviously you don't recognise a decent player when you see one - largely because he played for the Gas.......:disapointed2se:

Dear oh dear.........:facepalm:

:) dejavu

24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

He's established himself in the starting 11 and made a decent contribution to securing our survival in a team that has performed better with him in it.

Spot on.

36 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Furthermore, I dislike City buying players from the gas, and I might be in the minority, but I can never shake the ingrained images I've seen of them celebrating in the blue and white quarters and subsequently, they forever remain tarnished.  With this in mind, I wouldn't even want him to do well for City!!!

They get pissy about it as well.

Anyway, I think you're being unfair. He's worked hard and put the effort in on the pitch, we've looked better with him alongside Tammy. I do wonder how serious your post is when you say you wouldn't even want him to do well for City just because he's had to wear that grubby Gas kit in the past?

I think you're pulling people's legs if I'm honest but just in case, here's Matty looking chuffed to sign for us.

IMG_3535.JPG

Just now, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Spot on.

They get pissy about it as well.

Anyway, I think you're being unfair. He's worked hard and put the effort in on the pitch, we've looked better with him alongside Tammy. I do wonder how serious your post is when you say you wouldn't even want him to do well for City just because he's had to wear that grubby Gas kit in the past?

I think you're pulling people's legs if I'm honest but just in case, here's Matty looking chuffed to sign for us.

IMG_3535.JPG

I like a bit of humour, but in all honesty, I can't stand to see ex gas players in the red shirt.  When we signed Beadle, I was on the verge of disowning the club altogether.

I can respect the fact he left the gas to come here, but this also shows up his lack of loyalty and respect to their club and their sad group of fans.

As for Taylor the player, I doubt he'll ever make it as a decent Championship player, and I doubt I'd be able to celebrate him scoring with the same affection I would have had for Tammy, for example.

Just now, reddogkev said:

I like a bit of humour, but in all honesty, I can't stand to see ex gas players in the red shirt.  When we signed Beadle, I was on the verge of disowning the club altogether.

I can respect the fact he left the gas to come here, but this also shows up his lack of loyalty and respect to their club and their sad group of fans.

As for Taylor the player, I doubt he'll ever make it as a decent Championship player, and I doubt I'd be able to celebrate him scoring with the same affection I would have had for Tammy, for example.

If someone offered to double or treble your salary Kev, would you decline out of respect to your current employer or would you put your family first?

Archived