IGNORED

Zlatan & Pogba

downendcity

Listened to Talksport on the way home this afternoon, and they were discussing Zlatan's wages, that have been disclosed as £19m pa.

They also discussed that Pogba's agent trousered £41m - YES FORTY ONE MILLION POUNDS - as his cut of the transfer to Man U, which is more than Juventus received!!!!!!!!! They then went on to say that as Pogba is only on £160,000 per week so looking at what Zlatan gets paid and what his agent picked up for the transfer deal, should Pogba get a new agent!

Has the money in football gone completely mad and where do we think it will all end?

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Listened to Talksport on the way home this afternoon, and they were discussing Zlatan's wages, that have been disclosed as £19m pa.

They also discussed that Pogba's agent trousered £41m - YES FORTY ONE MILLION POUNDS - as his cut of the transfer to Man U, which is more than Juventus received!!!!!!!!! They then went on to say that as Pogba is only on £160,000 per week so looking at what Zlatan gets paid and what his agent picked up for the transfer deal, should Pogba get a new agent!

Has the money in football gone completely mad and where do we think it will all end?

in tears.

39 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I kind of get the wage difference between Zlatan and Pogba given that there was no initial outlay for Zlatan as opposed to £89m for Pogba. Therefore it's more money they can pay in wages to Zlatan who even at his age would still set a club back £10-£15m in a transfer fee.

Having said that football went mad a long time ago, well before these two...

The agent hasn't done well for Pogba IMO (though very well for himself!) if Rooney is on 300k, coming in as a club record buy I'd be expecting to be the best paid if not very close to it.

The money in the game is obscene, but until the tv deals dry up nothing is going to change. Within 10 years time we'll end up with a European super league of the richest clubs, with half our lower league teams folding.

I personally think the standard of our premier league is dire compared with 10-15 years ago. I don't think it's a coincidence the quality has gone down as the salaries have gone up. Many players are millionaires by the time they make a first team appearance, once the money is in their pockets they lose the drive to prove themselves.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

I listened to this today and had to pull over in my postie van just to double check I heard it right! How the hell is a agent worth £41 million ?? 

Also how is a 35 year old who plays in a team who will Probaly finish 5th and a league cup medal and possibly 2nd rate european cup worth £367,000 a week!! 

Why man utd didn't just tell pogba to do one if it meant that his agents gettin more than juventus I don't know!

His form hasn't matched his price tag either! 

I think the biggest superstars deserve high wages - people like Messi and Ronaldo bring a monumental amount of kudos/publicity to their clubs, so why not. It's no different to film stars getting megabucks.

But when you see bang average players like Jesse Lingard getting 100k a week, that's a different kettle of fish

57 minutes ago, LC_ said:

The agent hasn't done well for Pogba IMO (though very well for himself!) if Rooney is on 300k, coming in as a club record buy I'd be expecting to be the best paid if not very close to it.

The money in the game is obscene, but until the tv deals dry up nothing is going to change. Within 10 years time we'll end up with a European super league of the richest clubs, with half our lower league teams folding.

I personally think the standard of our premier league is dire compared with 10-15 years ago. I don't think it's a coincidence the quality has gone down as the salaries have gone up. Many players are millionaires by the time they make a first team appearance, once the money is in their pockets they lose the drive to prove themselves.

This is exactly what Southgate has said this last week.

I also think that young English players are more guilty of this than foreign youngsters.

27 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I listened to this today and had to pull over in my postie van just to double check I heard it right! How the hell is a agent worth £41 million ?? 

Also how is a 35 year old who plays in a team who will Probaly finish 5th and a league cup medal and possibly 2nd rate european cup worth £367,000 a week!! 

Why man utd didn't just tell pogba to do one if it meant that his agents gettin more than juventus I don't know!

His form hasn't matched his price tag either! 

The other thing I can't get my head around is , if the agent is acting for Pogba, how the hell is a club dishing out £41m to pay his agent?

27 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

28 and not a clue, but he has played and played a lot. 

When zlatan played rashford was on the right or the left and was pretty poor.

2 hours ago, LC_ said:

Which is why we love Tammy so much, he just isn`t like that.

3 hours ago, LC_ said:

The agent hasn't done well for Pogba IMO (though very well for himself!)

if Rooney is on 300k, coming in as a club record buy I'd be expecting to be the best paid if not very close to it.

Depends if a lump of that £41 million finds its way back to Pogba ( Hypothetically of course ;) )

:whistle:

Just read the article from chris Sutton in the daily mail sport about Ztlans goal bonus! Wow to say I'm shocked is a understatement ! I know players are paid lots but a wage of £367,000 a week is a joke but £147,000 a goal ! This just makes me feel sick to my stomach ! 

22 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Just read the article from chris Sutton in the daily mail sport about Ztlans goal bonus! Wow to say I'm shocked is a understatement ! I know players are paid lots but a wage of £367,000 a week is a joke but £147,000 a goal ! This just makes me feel sick to my stomach ! 

£147000 a goal :blink::blink::blink:

Jesus wept

Youd make sure you were on pens wouldn't you !

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

£147000 a goal :blink::blink::blink:

Jesus wept

Youd make sure you were on pens wouldn't you !

He started of on £47,000 a goal 1-5, he only gets £147,000 after he's scored 18 plus goals! It's scary!

Chris Sutton said in the article when Chelsea signed him he was paid £500 for scoring in a game , not per goal! That wasn't all that long ago! 

I'm appalled at the amounts we alledgedly pay Tomlin and O'Neil. So I guess I'm rather glad I'm not a Man Utd fan. Exactly at what point do you become so wealthy that it really doesn't matter how many extra noughts they add on.

With all the money pouring into football in this country there is no excuse for not having the worlds best funded product from grass roots up. But apart from a few relatively well run clubs, the money just rolls off the top back to players, agents and the like.

The sooner the tv money dries up the better football in this country might be. Maybe. It will probably swallow its tail before exploding.

3 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think the biggest superstars deserve high wages - people like Messi and Ronaldo bring a monumental amount of kudos/publicity to their clubs, so why not. It's no different to film stars getting megabucks.

But when you see bang average players like Jesse Lingard getting 100k a week, that's a different kettle of fish

That's the biggest problem. Value is completely misunderstood. Ronaldo, Messi etc are worth every penny. All the money in football is generated by a handful of players and the good, average and below average (and agents!) tag on to that. It would make sense to have one or two marquee positions per squad for the genuine superstars that you can pay what you want, and then salary caps for the rest of the squad that don't actually generate almost any revenue for the club. 

4 hours ago, LC_ said:

I'm not being funny and he's obviously a top guy, but Tammy came here as a relative unknown, already earning £1.2million a year. 

Without having scored a single top flight goal, he's about to have that doubled to £2.4million a year. He's not even started a game for his own club yet, but he's still guaranteed to have earned £10million by the time he's 22!! 

2 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

Pretty sure Zlatan and Pogba have the same agent? Remember hearing Zlatan say in an interview he wanted his agent (and therefore Pogba's) to get him a deal to Man U

Yeh they do. He's also the agent of Mkhitaryan and Sergio Romero. Don't think I've ever heard of 3 players who all have the same agent go to the same club in the same window.

It's being reported in the press that Raiola was indeed illegally employed by Juve , Utd and Pogba and he could be banned from football

The moral of the story is to become a football agent.  What's the pathway to such a lucrative profession?  Start up a small company now, try to sign up a host of young talented footballers from SW academies and hope 1 or 2 turn into megastars, or even just average stars.

OTIB football agency anyone?

The problem is that when the prem signs the latest big money TV deal the agent of every top player is immediately meeting with their player's chair,man/owner/chief exec demanding their click of that bigger pie.

As far as the wider game is concerned ( and indeed the clubs themselves) pretty well all of the increased tv money has gone into the packets of players and their agents, leaving nothing for clubs or further development of the game.

As Ive said in another post on this issue, if an agent is acting for a player then why is a club or clubs paying the agent a fee?

I feel that so much of this is the Emperor's new clothes - everyone can see that it's bonkers except the people in the game. Unfortunately the money , especially at the top of the game, is now so huge and the rewards for success so great, that owners will do and pay what agents demand if they think it will bring success.

As Durham siad on TS yesterday, while Man U can easily afford to pay Zlatan what he gets, in so doing they have created a problem for every other club, as creates the benchmark against which every agent will measure their player, so the wages of all players will increase accordingly. 

Lingard is a good player, but £100,000 per week - really??

Archived