IGNORED

Real Madrid signing a 16year old for €61m

WRERE

Now I think football has truly gone mad. Madrid are about to sign a 16 year old called Vinícius Júnior who has yet to play a professional first team game for a total of €61m. He played in the 2017 South American Under-17 Football Championship a few months ago and scored 7 goals , taking his total youth international tally to 6 in 6 for the U15's and 19 in 22 for the U17s.

3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Well they're basically buying an 18 year old because he can't go there until he's an adult, so they're almost banking on him being even better in 2 years time.

A lot can change in two years !!!

Football littered with 'the next starlet' list who then dissapeared !

Hell of a gamble however good he is right now

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wonder if Real have bought anyone from that club where its been a bit dodgy so this inflated fee is payment to keep things quiet...

I was going to ask where the 61 million is going.

57 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I was going to ask where the 61 million is going.

€45m to his club Flamengo , €8m to him as a salary and €8m to another company as commission plus Madrid have agreed with Flamengo that he's to be called up and played in their first team until he moves when he's 18. There's no doubt he's talented but it's such a big amount of money for someone so young and it can only give him so much pressure. You see stuff wrote about Ødegaard in their papers saying he won't make it etc and he's only 18 and was signed for a lot less, so I can't imagine what it will be like for this guy.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well after hearing today that Pogba's agent got more than £40m out of his client's move to Man U and Ibrahimovic is on £367k a week - absolutely nothing will surprise me anymore...

The Pogba deal was the nail in the PL coffin imho. It was basically engineered by Adidas, I think I read somewhere that almost half of the deal was paid for by them.

2 hours ago, WRERE said:

€45m to his club Flamengo , €8m to him as a salary and €8m to another company as commission plus Madrid have agreed with Flamengo that he's to be called up and played in their first team until he moves when he's 18. There's no doubt he's talented but it's such a big amount of money for someone so young and it can only give him so much pressure. You see stuff wrote about Ødegaard in their papers saying he won't make it etc and he's only 18 and was signed for a lot less, so I can't imagine what it will be like for this guy.

Shocking. He must be absolutely unreal.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

The Pogba deal was the nail in the PL coffin imho. It was basically engineered by Adidas, I think I read somewhere that almost half of the deal was paid for by them.

I thought similar; Pogba was just not that good a player. Messi, Bale, Ronaldo are world class. Whether world class means £30m, £50m, or £100m is up for debate but these are exceptional players.

Pogba isn't any such thing, he's an above average Premiership midfielder. £20m maybe stretching to £30m if desperate. £100m was so far above the market price for him that there should have been an FA enquiry why so much money was changing hands and where it was all going.

So, am I alone in coming to a crossroads about continuing to watch City who have a great owner (City fan, ultra- successful businessman and proven judge of characters) when the current football debate between EPL and EFL is all about 'money'.

If you have followed the tweets  this week Accrington are accusing the EPL (owners) of ruining the game/ sport we at BCFC are surely aiming to become part of.

I really don't know today if I'd rather watch City in a competitive Championship season (going to most games, home and away) or join this mad business of EPL 

Your thoughts please?

Already EPL have hit back to poor little Accrington ( when you go there it is probably closer to the roots most if us come from than Old Trafford or Chelski are today) asking if the EFL clubs want to stop receiving the current meagre 'funding' EPL does provide.

A tough one but clearly we are all today backing City and SL to take us to the EPL but we should think about what we really wish for.

I have never seen City play in the top division. It's not about getting to the Permier League because it's so great or the best league in the world as it sees itself. For me it is about seeing City playing at the top level, it is just unfortunate that the top level is one of the most overhyped 'products' in the world which is now focused on making as much money as possble for people who don't really care about football.

KtF fair point.I saw all 4 seasons in top flight and know many Bournemouth fans who have endured a mixed bag over the 20 or so years are just ' in heaven' at present

So, I totally get that and, as I said we are, in buying STs and going every game, backing City and SL to get us to the top flight.

Perhaps we just have to shrug off the stupid amounts of money at Real and in the EFL. Here in Hampshire, an amateur player has to pay match fees ( fair) plus £25 for a red card plus a fortune to appeal as Hants FA squeeze every penny out of grass roots so the EPL seems a million miles away.

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well after hearing today that Pogba's agent got more than £40m out of his client's move to Man U and Ibrahimovic is on £367k a week - absolutely nothing will surprise me anymore...

Kind of puts us spending £12m total and stretching to £10k+pw for players wages into perspective really. 

One division below them yet the gulf might as well be six with those figures. 

12 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Kind of puts us spending £12m total and stretching to £10k+pw for players wages into perspective really. 

One division below them yet the gulf might as well be six with those figures. 

Yep and I didn't realise that with his goals bonus Zlatan is actually earning £423k a week!

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I thought similar; Pogba was just not that good a player. Messi, Bale, Ronaldo are world class. Whether world class means £30m, £50m, or £100m is up for debate but these are exceptional players.

Pogba isn't any such thing, he's an above average Premiership midfielder. £20m maybe stretching to £30m if desperate. £100m was so far above the market price for him that there should have been an FA enquiry why so much money was changing hands and where it was all going.

Pogba reminds me of Veron 

23 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Page 40 of today's "Metro". The Accrington owner has blasted the Premier League for paying massive wages and transfer fees. The Agent Raiola received a fee 20 times larger than Accrington's annual budget. He continued stating The EFL is like a starving beggar, owners ruin clubs, the Premiership is ruining the game. The premier League has replied "It is only because it is in the interest of our competition we can support Accrington. We will write to him asking if he wants us to continue the level of support we currently provide to the EFL".

Archived