IGNORED

Guardian article today on SL and Johnson

Nongazeuse

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What's your view, out of interest?

The last annual (December 2015) return to Companies House said that he wasn't. Annual returns are no more and have been replaced by confirmation statements and these do not include a full list of shareholders. The PSC statement in the most recent confirmation statement for Bristol Sport Ltd says that Steve Lansdown holds more than 75% of Bristol Sport.

I was interested to see on what basis @Ivorguy was informing us that there had been a change in shareholdings since the annual return of December 2015.

Lansdown did an interview regarding the Bristol Sport model, questions asked and he answered.

From memory Bristol Sport would cover the running costs, fees for stewards, your day to day bills that all clubs rack up.

Money generated by each club would stay and be reinvested back into that same club who generated it.

Edit- interview may have been someone else.

Andrew Billingham perhaps?

Sidepoint to the paranoid.

If anything, the Bristol Sport model safeguards us from being sold by the Lansdowns. BCFC is a part of Bristol Sport, so unless there were noises to suggest Lansdown wanted to sell, and then we suddenly were no longer part of Bristol Sport, there should not be concern there.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Lansdown did an interview regarding the Bristol Sport model, questions asked and he answered.

From memory Bristol Sport would cover the running costs, fees for stewards, your day to day bills that all clubs rack up.

Money generated by each club would stay and be reinvested back into that same club who generated it.

If anything, the Bristol Sport model safeguards us from being sold by the Lansdowns. BCFC is a part of Bristol Sport, so unless there were noises to suggest Lansdown wanted to sell, and then we suddenly were no longer part of Bristol Sport, there should not be concern there.

BCFC can be sold anytime, but it is unlikely anybody would buy a football club that does not own its own stadium and is carrying debts. This safeguard (?) was in place prior to the creation of Bristol Sport.

9 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The last annual (December 2015) return to Companies House said that he wasn't. Annual returns are no more and have been replaced by confirmation statements and these do not include a full list of shareholders. The PSC statement in the most recent confirmation statement for Bristol Sport Ltd says that Steve Lansdown holds more than 75% of Bristol Sport.

I was interested to see on what basis @Ivorguy was informing us that there had been a change in shareholdings since the annual return of December 2015.

Ok 75% then, but 100% of decision making or as close as makes no difference.  My argument still stands

10 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

You could be right about him not owning BS 100%. I think Martin Griffiths for example has some part ownership of the project.

But SL owns 96% of Bristol City who are owned by Bristol City Holdings Ltd who, along with Bristol Rugby, are owned by Pula Sport Ltd a company registered in Guernsey. Pula Sport Ltd are controlled by Pula Ltd of whom Steve Lansdown is the majority shareholder. My understanding has always been that wife Maggie owns the rest of the shares, although that may be different now.

15 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Where does Bristol Sports income come from? bars and restaurants around the ground our rent payments?

where does our generated income come from? transfer fees, ST`s, matchday tickets ?

Edit- interview may have been someone else.

Andrew Billingham perhaps?

18 hours ago, glos old boy said:

How exactly is this worked then? who gets what on matchdays?

Do we play in Bristol City Holdings ground for free, for ever?

If not how much does it cost and what happens to the cost of the ground improvements? do all its users have to pay that cost back, if so what percentage does each club pay?

Do we get all ST fee income in a lump sum?

How is the transfer budget worked, does it all come from and go to SL`s back pocket?

Just what are our board in charge of and what if anything can they do without asking the boss?

Not much to worry about there but just how is each element separated and just how is the paperwork set out?

check back through the accounts, the ground's been with them since 2004 or might even be earlier so its not a bristol sport thing

On 10/05/2017 at 19:29, Emperor Palpatine said:

Then finishing 17th is the overruling stat that LJ should be judged on, given we struggle in this league alot that would be a realistic expectation. Why should we finish higher? Just because we spent some cash? We had to... as above the squad was far too light in terms of numbers 

Sorry, haven't read the posts after page 3, but get the gist of the thread from 3 pages.

Finishing 17th is the most important stat.

I suspect, SL and LJ expected us to finish higher without a relegation drama.  How high, I don't know.  We didn't.  SL has backed LJ, and we now have to get on with it.

In the bad run I wanted LJ replaced, although I accepted that a new manager did not guarantee anything.  SL stuck with LJ, he turned around results.  Results being the key word.  I don't think we deserved all of the points we got at the end of the season, nor start of the season either, but bear with me....we also deserved points we didn't get in our bad run.  It kinda evens out.

I'm far from convinced about LJ, but happy to be convinced.  There are signs he has realised what it takes to be the head coach of Bristol City.  I'd really like to see him stamp his principles and brand of football on us, signing the players who really do have the right DNA for this club.  He's in a position that no or very few previous managers have had.

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 14:33, Monkeh said:

check back through the accounts, the ground's been with them since 2004 or might even be earlier so its not a bristol sport thing

With respect that does not ans the question what does it cost BCFC ?  and what exactly does this club of ours own.......as a board of directors without the one big man control ? or are we in fact just a one man band with a board who have no control without SL`s say so.

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

With respect that does not ans the question what does it cost BCFC ?  and what exactly does this club of ours own.......as a board of directors without the one big man control ? or are we in fact just a one man band with a board who have no control without SL`s say so.

It will cost city a peppercorn rent, I've something like £1 a month, 

you will find a hell of a lot of clubs do this its not just city, it is do for the sole reason that if the club went into administration tomorrow the ground can not be sold from under us to pay the bills which is what would happen if it was on the same balance sheet as city  

Archived