IGNORED

Bashing the bookies!

Spoons

25 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Just read this article! 

Bloke bet £10 and won £60,000 all on a jack grealish 89th minute goal for villa to stop Brighton win in the league ! 

I do love it when the punter bites back at the bookie! 

image.jpg

Surely he owes Stockdale a couple of beers for the goal. Mind you it looks like he's quite used to putting a few away judging by the size of him. 

If I`d have had a bet like that it would have been the cert on Celtic that would have let me down. I recall many years ago having nine out of ten come in on a Saturday and the one that bollixed it was bloody Rangers losing at home to Hamilton Academicals who hadn`t won for about 15 games and hadn`t scored in something like eight.

Cost me about eight grand I think

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

If I`d have had a bet like that it would have been the cert on Celtic that would have let me down. I recall many years ago having nine out of ten come in on a Saturday and the one that bollixed it was bloody Rangers losing at home to Hamilton Academicals who hadn`t won for about 15 games and hadn`t scored in something like eight.

Cost me about eight grand I think

What a Sprott on your betting slip!

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Their form was great but Plymouth and in particular Doncasters form was abysmal, Pompeys price was 33/1 with 6 games to go

I wouldn't have said Argyles form was abysmal. 6-4-1 in the last 10 games. Same points as City 6-1-3 and better than Newcastles 5-2-3. Yet Pompeys was exceptional 8-1-1.

When I read the headline for this winning bet I actually thought he may have bet on the top 7 leagues including Chelsea but to get Arbroath makes it more impressive. All the others were foreseeable albeit in hindsight because I didn't get them.

6 hours ago, Hughie Green said:

I wouldn't have said Argyles form was abysmal. 6-4-1 in the last 10 games. Same points as City 6-1-3 and better than Newcastles 5-2-3. Yet Pompeys was exceptional 8-1-1.

When I read the headline for this winning bet I actually thought he may have bet on the top 7 leagues including Chelsea but to get Arbroath makes it more impressive. All the others were foreseeable albeit in hindsight because I didn't get them.

Pompey took 22 points out of the Last 24, Docaster took 1 point out of the last 15, that's why Pompey won the league the same situation but to a far lesser extent with Newcastle and Brighton, most punters would of ripped up their bet weeks ago but it's a funny old game 

The year we won League One at a canter I had; Chelsea, Derby, City and Burton all to win their respective leagues.

£5 bet would have returned just over £9,500. Safe to say i've hated Derby ever since after being top for most of the season but then not even making the playoffs...

Quick question :-  i have a few team BTTS accy in todays football, one game is a play off game and went to extra time....does this count in my accy or is it just in 90mins?

I think i know the answer but hope i'm wrong...

3 minutes ago, yardy said:

Quick question :-  i have a few team BTTS accy in todays football, one game is a play off game and went to extra time....does this count in my accy or is it just in 90mins?

Just in 90mins I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, yardy said:

BTTS will be a 90 minute bet - unlucky!

I had the opposite of this when I'd backed Smith to get a hat trick at Gillingham the other year... I knew his 4th wouldn't invalidate the bet but I still had to check!

23 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

BTTS will be a 90 minute bet - unlucky!

I had the opposite of this when I'd backed Smith to get a hat trick at Gillingham the other year... I knew his 4th wouldn't invalidate the bet but I still had to check!

I had a 4 team accy with BTTS and one team to win and 3 won in 90 mins and Halifax won in extra time.....argh!

Archived