IGNORED

Gary Oneil

cummins17

Unfortunately he isn't going anywhere. Chose to sign for us over Norwich as we were offering more money and a longer deal. Such a waste of £20k per week!

Having said that, as much as I don't think he can cut it in the championship nowadays, he is a true professional so if the conversation takes place with himself and LJ about lack of playing time next season then who knows. Coming towards the end of his career he may wish to play week in week out and do it on less money elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I could see him at Peterborough . 

On four times what their players earn, so unless we pay him off or he is prepared to rip up a lucrative contract, absolutely no chance.

Just now, Flint says No said:

Am I the only one who thinks O'Neil hasn't done that bad. When he's played he's been brilliant however injuries has been very big for him and I would sell him purely on the fact he's too injury prone. However we could make a profit on him as he was a free transfer...

I think he's shown glimpses , he really tries to add impetus to the team. Unfortunately when he played the entire team was a basket case. I think he's an option and with the proper set up could play with Pack, or in a 3. I don't think we would get much if anything for him so if he leaves it will be a free to move elsewhere, but I'd be happy to see him stay. Remember when Korey got back after injuries he looked way out of his depth, then something clicked and started to look his old self.

43 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

On four times what their players earn, so unless we pay him off or he is prepared to rip up a lucrative contract, absolutely no chance.

If that's true him and Tomlin will both be here next season sat on the bench earning a nice wedge 

1 hour ago, KeNDAILIL said:

Can see him mutually terminating and re-signing for Pompey 

Was my thoughts - wages would be the issue and we'd would have to come to some settlement with him

Would like to have seen how he'd fared at end of season in a side with a bit more confidence (TBF it would have been nuts to split Korey / MP who had done us well in the very good run)

When we signed him I thought he was a great signing - Just hope that he would want to stay and can get fit as I still think he could be just what we want,  but I get the impression he's never early settled here or enjoyed his football 

A player with lots of experience at this level but on his salary and with his injury record is not giving value for cash outlay. I would persuade him to go elsewhere.

I suspect there are another two or three that could apply to. I can see four/five leaving plus loans going back and two or three coming in.

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I didn't really rate him this season, and it surprised me to see he's one of our most creative midfielders, it's just a pity he can't play next to pack due to their lack of pace. 

IMG_7183.PNG

Interesting stats - is this from a website?

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I didn't really rate him this season, and it surprised me to see he's one of our most creative midfielders, it's just a pity he can't play next to pack due to their lack of pace. 

IMG_7183.PNG

What that does show me is Korey needs to up his game in terms of creating chances. Brilliant midfield terrier, but with Pack doing more of the shielding role Korey needs to be creating more...

Alternatively we put Korey in Packs's position and bring a more proven creative player in the middle of the park. Personally, I'd be hesitant to stunt Pack's growth though as I feel he's always improving and could turn out to be a top championship player in his current role.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Would be amazed if Tomlin is on that low a wage. 

If what I was told is true, he's not!

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

IMG_7183.PNG

Where did you get those stats from??

48 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

Interesting stats - is this from a website?

Just now, Woodsy said:

If what I was told is true, he's not!

Where did you get those stats from??

Squawka Comparison matrix. Always look at it throughout the past couple seasons seeing how our players stand up to others in the league.

Going off topic a bit but a couple for you to look at, flint won more aerial battles than anyone else in the league that I've put him up against. 

& Fieldings distribution accuracy stands at approximately 35% which is dreadful. But until we have defenders/midfielders that are willing to drop in and recieve the ball it won't improve. Every goal kick is a 50/50.

Just now, Carey 6 said:

Squawka Comparison matrix. Always look at it throughout the past couple seasons seeing how our players stand up to others in the league.

Going off topic a bit but a couple for you to look at, flint won more aerial battles than anyone else in the league that I've put him up against. 

& Fieldings distribution accuracy stands at approximately 35% which is dreadful. But until we have defenders/midfielders that are willing to drop in and recieve the ball it won't improve. Every goal kick is a 50/50.

Is that an app, or a website? Like stuff like this

That is a shocking figure against FF there, and Flint is surprisingly better than I would have thought

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Is that an app, or a website? Like stuff like this

That is a shocking figure against FF there, and Flint is surprisingly better than I would have thought

They've got an app, but I'm not sure if you can do this on it, but here's the link to the mobile/website

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix

They also get their data from Opta, so it should be completely spot on. 

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think he's shown glimpses , he really tries to add impetus to the team. Unfortunately when he played the entire team was a basket case. I think he's an option and with the proper set up could play with Pack, or in a 3. I don't think we would get much if anything for him so if he leaves it will be a free to move elsewhere, but I'd be happy to see him stay. Remember when Korey got back after injuries he looked way out of his depth, then something clicked and started to look his old self.

He was outstanding early season. After his (very harsh) sending off in Sheffield, he's not had the same impact consistently. 

Archived