IGNORED

Gary Oneil

cummins17

3 hours ago, shelts said:

If that's true him and Tomlin will both be here next season sat on the bench earning a nice wedge 

He rejected a one year deal with Norwich (who were in the Prem last year) in order to sign a two year one with us last summer.

I'd suggest that £15k a week figure quoted above is a fair bit less than the reality..

I'd like to think George Dowling is closer to the team than O'Neil who frankly has done nothing, costs a fortune and appears to be more interested in Golf. Seems a nice guy and I'm sure he would like it o have done well but if he was going to make an impression here he'd have done so by now. 

3 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

How do you know?

I think it's been proven many a time over that no one on here has any idea what the wages of our players are.

Anything you see quoted is wild conjecture.

I should note that this doesn't only apply to wages.

47 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He rejected a one year deal with Norwich (who were in the Prem last year) in order to sign a two year one with us last summer.

I'd suggest that £15k a week figure quoted above is a fair bit less than the reality..

Just now, Coxy27 said:

I think it's been proven many a time over that no one on here has any idea what the wages of our players are.

Anything you see quoted is wild conjecture.

I should note that this doesn't only apply to wages.

Gary O'Neil is on £15k a week. That is a promise. Moving clubs as his age is 'one last pay day' because of signing on fees.

59 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

i wouldn't norwich werent a prem club when he signed for us they were a championship club, he signed for us because we offered him a 2 year deal, it gives him a bit more security 

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

i wouldn't norwich werent a prem club when he signed for us they were a championship club, he signed for us because we offered him a 2 year deal, it gives him a bit more security 

I didn't say they were, I said they were a Prem Club last season...

They are high payers, so no way would he has signed for us if we didn't get near to their offer.

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I didn't say they were, I said they were a Prem Club last season...

They are high payers, so no way would he has signed for us if we didn't get near to their offer.

Salary relegation clause, added in with decent signing on fee, longer contract, new challenge = reason why

It never ceases to amaze me some of the throwaway comments on here.

GON was a mainstay of our team before he picked up a few niggling injuries [there's a clue]

He has a wealth of experience and has played at the top level for a number of years. I am sure the ideal scenario would've been a fit Korey & GON in midfield.

19 minutes ago, Swede said:

GON was a mainstay of our team before he picked up a few niggling injuries [there's a clue]

He has a wealth of experience and has played at the top level for a number of years. I am sure the ideal scenario would've been a fit Korey & GON in midfield.

I thought he was disappointing to be honest, not the worse but sub-par

Just now, Monkeh said:

I thought he was disappointing to be honest, not the worse but sub-par

I agree with most on here that saw his performances diminish gradually.

He started off by running the show then sadly , whether injured or out of steam he became ineffective and worse , too slow for the centre midfield .

His delivery from dead ball was powder puff stuff, wafted away disdainfully by even the most average opposition defenders .

So, for me he is in need of a terrific preseason and to be used more sparingly by LJ who I believe  badly managed him .

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He started off by running the show then sadly , whether injured or out of steam he became ineffective and worse , too slow for the centre midfield .

His delivery from dead ball was powder puff stuff, wafted away disdainfully by even the most average opposition defenders .

So, for me he is in need of a terrific preseason and to be used more sparingly by LJ who I believe  badly managed him .

I disagree with that to be fair to Johnson, I can't see how he could of done it differently, in regards to O'Neil, especially when you got Wilbs setting the example of what fire in you belly can do in the advanced years,

I think a player like Reid and Engvill was badly managed not o'neil

30 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I disagree with that to be fair to Johnson, I can't see how he could of done it differently, in regards to O'Neil, especially when you got Wilbs setting the example of what fire in you belly can do in the advanced years,

I think a player like Reid and Engvill was badly managed not o'neil

Wilbs was used more sparingly, largely due to his age .

As a person of advanced years I can vouch for the fire in the belly not being hot enough at times .

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Gobsmacked about how much money we're paying  on players who aren't regulars . 

14 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I didn't really rate him this season, and it surprised me to see he's one of our most creative midfielders, it's just a pity he can't play next to pack due to their lack of pace. 

IMG_7183.PNG

Are you the real Louis Carey?

9 hours ago, Swede said:

There is some goals in that midfield. Add in Pack Brownhill Odowda and we are set!

Maybe sell Flint and play Taylor with Djuric and thus FF becomes our main goal threat!

Joking apart our problem with scoring from most areas is clear....

19 hours ago, shelts said:

Gobsmacked about how much money we're paying  on players who aren't regulars . 

I'm gobsmacked by all our fans knowing how much each player is earning, I don't even know what my wife earns.....

Why is there this fixation with Smith. What does he do? Gets in the way of the defenders, passes sideways, always telling others what to do and not doing his own job. Does he score goals or even set them up. Give me Bobby Reid and O'Neil any day. 

Just now, WECANDO said:

Why is there this fixation with Smith. What does he do? Gets in the way of the defenders, passes sideways, always telling others what to do and not doing his own job. Does he score goals or even set them up. Give me Bobby Reid any day. 

what you have described is the perfect defensive midfielder, his job isn't about scoring goals or setting up, his is about breaking up play and protecting the back four

He needs protecting himself. Against Birmingham he kept giving the ball away. Give me O'Neil any day. More mobile, better passer of the ball and more nasty in that area of the pitch. Ditto Bobby Reid except the nasty bit although I have seen him clatter a few players.  

12 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

He needs protecting himself. Against Birmingham he kept giving the ball away. Give me O'Neil any day. More mobile, better passer of the ball and more nasty in that area of the pitch. Ditto Bobby Reid except the nasty bit although I have seen him clatter a few players.  

he wasn't the only player to give the ball away alot against birmingham

1 hour ago, WECANDO said:

Why is there this fixation with Smith. What does he do? Gets in the way of the defenders, passes sideways, always telling others what to do and not doing his own job. Does he score goals or even set them up. Give me Bobby Reid and O'Neil any day. 

Starting early today??

Well,it is Friday.

P.s..was the 'Afterthought' to put less water with it??

On 11/05/2017 at 14:17, Major Isewater said:

How was he badly managed?

Archived