IGNORED

Bristol Post news headline.......

Tipps69

I know I shouldn't look through the rag but I do have a look every now & then.

Anyway, the first news story is about a lad who has been in court for biting a 1 year-old baby boy on the cheek while he was baby-sitting him.

But what I don't understand is that the last paragraph decides to state that the lad involved is a Bristol City fan who smokes cannabis!!

WTF has him being a Bristol City fan got to do with him biting a baby on the face? There is no longer anywhere to comment on their stories & to make a complaint you have to write a letter!! 

Sorry but I'm really pissed off that the club have been brought into this, what difference does it make that he's supposedly a City fan?

Is this acceptable to the club @Dollymarie @AdamB @Mkelly ?

Not sure who else to bring this to the notice of.

Just typical of the Post. They print stories (on all subjects) which provoke a response, because they're paid by how many views their adverts get, or something along those lines. As there are infinitely more readers linked to City, they aim the contentious stories at the bigger audience most likely to respond.

27 minutes ago, Judda said:

I told you to stop biting babies faces...

;)

Sorry, maybe my lack of humour but I don't find this funny in the slightest!!

I have now managed to find an email address for them, from what they sent me when I signed up to their rag, so I have now sent them a email.

Anybody else wishing to it's community@bristolpost.co.uk 

This story isn't remotely amusing, any attempts at frivolity should be jettisoned Immediately. 

Kids shouldn't be harmed; whilst under the stewardship of parents, guardians or trusted others.

I'm sure justice will run its course.

For the local rag to suggest - or imply - that the accused by way of being a supporter of a local football club (City or Rovers) is relevant is a step far beyond the scope of the story. It does thousands of people a massive disservice.

@Tristan Cork you brave enough to defend your cock of a colleague, or would you agree that a complaint would be justified?

10 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Anyway, the first news story is about a lad who has been in court for biting a 1 year-old baby boy on the cheek while he was baby-sitting him.

But what I don't understand is that the last paragraph decides to state that the lad involved is a Bristol City fan who smokes cannabis!!

WTF has him being a Bristol City fan got to do with him biting a baby on the face? There is no longer anywhere to comment on their stories & to make a complaint you have to write a letter!! 

Sorry but I'm really pissed off that the club have been brought into this, what difference does it make that he's supposedly a City fan?

If you click on the author's name at the top of the article, it will take to his page and you can email him directly.

I've got no idea why the fact the fella is a City fan is in this story

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

This story isn't remotely amusing, any attempts at frivolity should be jettisoned Immediately. 

Kids shouldn't be harmed; whilst under the stewardship of parents, guardians or trusted others.

I'm sure justice will run its course.

For the local rag to suggest - or imply - that the accused by way of being a supporter of a local football club (City or Rovers) is relevant is a step far beyond the scope of the story. It does thousands of people a massive disservice.

@Tristan Cork you brave enough to defend your cock of a colleague, or would you agree that a complaint would be justified?

I've got no idea why a mention of this scrote being a City fan is needed in the copy - at least it's in the last line and not the headline....
I will see what I can do this end to get it removed.

11 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I've sent him an email. Not having our club linked with a bellend of his order!

I've spoken to our court reporter who wrote this report.

Apparently, the fact this guy is a City fan was pretty much the only thing said in mitigation by his defence barrister to the judge.

A court reporter has to accurately present both sides of what was said in court, and so had to include it to meet the rules on court reporting.

However, if people feel they want to make a complaint then I couldn't possibly encourage anyone to email the news editor chris.allen@trinitymirror.com

Just now, Tristan Cork said:

Apparently, the fact this guy is a City fan was pretty much the only thing said in mitigation by his defence barrister to the judge.

A court reporter has to accurately present both sides of what was said in court, and so had to include it to meet the rules on court reporting.

However, if people feel they want to make a complaint then I couldn't possibly encourage anyone to email the news editor chris.allen@trinitymirror.co.uk 

At what point did the Bristol Post and accurate reporting become bedfellows?

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Just typical of the Post. They print stories (on all subjects) which provoke a response, because they're paid by how many views their adverts get, or something along those lines. As there are infinitely more readers linked to City, they aim the contentious stories at the bigger audience most likely to respond.

clearly that's how the company gets its money (and through advertising in the paper and newspaper sales) but it's not how individual reporters are paid, thank god.

Just now, Tristan Cork said:

However, if people feel they want to make a complaint then I couldn't possibly encourage anyone to email the news editor chris.allen@trinitymirror.co.uk 

I emailed last night (to the address I posted on here last night) asking why no mention of his favourite musical band was or actor / actress as it simply has no bearing on the case, it simply feels like a reason to have a dig at the club!!

8 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

So either it was the only thing offered in mitigation or it wasn't. There is no 'pretty much' about it.

Assuming of course the reporter did indeed follow the rules on court reporting.

What the hell has whichever football club he supports have to do with the story? Why not tell us then, which country he supported in the last world cup? Or his favourite colour? None of this information has any bearing on the story whatsoever.

A copy of the email I have just sent Chris Allen.....

Morning,
I wonder if you could help me understand something?

On your Bristol Post website last night (11-5-17) was a story posted by one of your reporters regarding a 1 year-old baby being bitten on the cheek by a man who was supposed to be baby-sitting the youngster!!

But why does the last paragraph have to state that the person responsible for this is a Bristol City Football fan? What relevance does that have on this story? Is it to make out that all Bristol City fans abuse children because that is what it feels like!! Why was there no mention as to who his favourite musical act is or who his favourite actor / actress is?

I have made the football club aware of this story as I feel it is a slander on the club for which they have no reason to be mentioned within the story.

I look forward to your reasoning.

Archived