IGNORED

Film: Alien Covenant

Fiale

Well if you liked Alien then a worthy sequel at last. Good story, a bit gory, no real shocks or twist but the kind of gore and bad luck that bestows people in the Alien films franchise. Worth a watch if your into your SyFy i'm giving it a biased 8/10 because I love this genre, but in reality it's probably a solid 7/10 but hey, my post 

Ohh and yet another film ensuring no-one will ever want to go into any sort of cryo sleep chamber ever - yes that old trope again

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

A worthy sequel to Alien at last? What about Aliens?!

The other Alien films were more like action films that just happened to include Aliens and did nothing for the actual storyline. This film does and as it is the same universe as Blade Runner it sets the scene as to what is happening and where it may be headed.

51 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The other Alien films were more like action films that just happened to include Aliens and did nothing for the actual storyline. This film does and as it is the same universe as Blade Runner it sets the scene as to what is happening and where it may be headed.

Fair enough, I can see your point. I personally much prefer Aliens and it's often given as one of the rare examples of a sequel that's superior to the original, but to each their own!

Glad to hear Covenent is good, I'll check it out.

3 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Alien and Aliens are both classics in their own right. Even Alien 3 has some good points. All the rest are pretty crap, Prometheus included. Hoping for more from this one.

It's a mix of Alien and Prometheus, some of the expected Alien gore with some of the Prometheus story telling - moving the story along.

Just now, Fiale said:

It's a mix of Alien and Prometheus, some of the expected Alien gore with some of the Prometheus story telling - moving the story along.

Read an article this week with Ridley Scott saying that some of the stuff in this film was a result of fan backlash from Prometheus - i.e we want xenomorphs!

So good to hear it has a bit more Alien about it this time.

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Read an article this week with Ridley Scott saying that some of the stuff in this film was a result of fan backlash from Prometheus - i.e we want xenomorphs!

So good to hear it has a bit more Alien about it this time.

Yeah i find it strange that for some reason a 2 hour film cannot have elements of team building, horror, gore, story telling etc, I get it if it's a 60 minute film, but there is no excuse nowadays when fans are more than happy for long run times. I won;t say to much but I also like the Blade Runner and Alien tie in to the movies in a way I did not expect (and is hard to tell in a way unless you are fans of the films).

each to their own - I fancy seeing this but Mrs Markman cannot stand incessant use of the F word in films - which some of the sequels had - is this just gory scary and grim or as a consequence are they effing and blinding non stop - helpful to know 

Just now, Fiale said:

Yeah i find it strange that for some reason a 2 hour film cannot have elements of team building, horror, gore, story telling etc, I get it if it's a 60 minute film, but there is no excuse nowadays when fans are more than happy for long run times. I won;t say to much but I also like the Blade Runner and Alien tie in to the movies in a way I did not expect (and is hard to tell in a way unless you are fans of the films).

Ah yeh i think i have read a little something on this recently, something linking Tyrell Corp with Weyland Yutani? Something along those lines.

8 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Ah yeh i think i have read a little something on this recently, something linking Tyrell Corp with Weyland Yutani? Something along those lines.

Yup, the whole thing where the replicants says he saw ships crashing and wars etc on other planets - it will be interesting where it goes.

8 minutes ago, Markman said:

each to their own - I fancy seeing this but Mrs Markman cannot stand incessant use of the F word in films - which some of the sequels had - is this just gory scary and grim or as a consequence are they effing and blinding non stop - helpful to know 

Not much swearing in this as they are more normal people collonizing a planet and not soldiers or convicts.

Archived