IGNORED

Football family coming together to help a Rovers fan

Seventeen

And, on another note.

A long serving loyal Gashead Jools Pirog needs an operation which the NHS won't fund.

Also known by many as Kingswood Polak on the forums, Jools has been an FFS Club member since we started and many of us have met him at our Sponsored Matches. So, if you can spare a little i'm sure it would be appreciated.

Here's the link: link

Thanks for reading. FTG

Jools' Story: 
I cared for my parents and brothers until they died in 2002, 2009,2012 & 2013.was literally ripped apart by the entire process of looking after them & it took a heavy toll.
I now have Crohn's disease, a degenerative spine condition but, worst of all, I have an extremely rare vasculitis which is called WEGENERS GRANULOMATOSIS It's disease where the blood and veins are inflamed and this leads to granulomas in the vital organs. I am likely to go blind and deaf & right now my eyes, heart, lungs, ears & kidneys are affected. I am more scared of going blind more than dying. This disease does kill, quickly and without any warning. I suffer pain that I just cannot articulate & the disease also causes Inflammation of the bones & many days I cannot get out of bed or even put my own socks on.
There is a treatment called ritixumab but it has been deemed too expensive to treat me with. The protocol in U.K. says I HAVE to go through very toxic chemo 1st and that drug has an high incidence of causing bladder cancers & lymphomas. As it is I have to avoid direct sunlight due to the immunosuppressive drugs I am on already.
There is a drug, a biological called RITUXIMAB that has shown to have superb results & has many less side effects yet has shown to be much more successful in putting this awful affliction into a remissibe state. I have tried every manoeuvre but I cannot avoid the toxic chemo drugs. I have been in touch with healthcare in Europe and the USA and they would allow me the drug as long as I can pay for it.
I really feel rotten and kind of a beggar in doing this.up but I thought you don't get if you don't ask & at least I can say I'd have tried.
50K is the cost for a years treatment but many times it doesn't take that long. I am so tried of my lungs bleeding, eyes, ears and sinuses failing & the fevers that shut down my kidneys.
I ask you to give anything you can but no pressure as life is not easy for many my pituitary gland also empty meaning hormone jabs

I know Rovers and City fans have been very good to each other in the past concerning things like this, so thought it was worth a share on here.

7 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

And, on another note.

I know Rovers and City fans have been very good to each other in the past concerning things like this, so thought it was worth a share on here.

Donation made, the chap deserves some good luck.

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

And, on another note.

I used to dip into your forum when you were non league and always found him one of the more sensible posters, the guy certainly seems to have been dealt a bad hand in life, best of luck to him

3 hours ago, Seventeen said:

And, on another note.

Wish him all the luck from the red side of Bristol. Hope he raises enough money. 

6 hours ago, Seventeen said:

And, on another note.

What a shocking story, life can be a ******* bastard can't it? You couldn't fail to donate after reading that. Best of luck to Julian.

14 hours ago, Seventeen said:

And, on another note.

silly gashead,

You are better of starting a new topic, you'll get more donations that way

15 hours ago, Seventeen said:

And, on another note.

Really good luck to him.

15 hours ago, Seventeen said:

And, on another note.

Jools is a top lad liked and respected by many City fans of a certain age.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

silly gashead,

You are better of starting a new topic, you'll get more donations that way

Exacly my thoughts - now split into it's own thread

Horrible story to read, hope the lad gets the op he needs

Chrons disease is an inflammatory bowel disease that can on rare occasions cause rheumatic, arthritic conditions to many areas including the spine.

Obivously not calling Jools a liar but didn't want anyone doubting his illness or story as my Mrs has Ulcerative Colitis the other IBD so I'm very sympathetic to the cause of these horrible digestive diseases that primarily affect the bowel and in unfortunate cases like Jool's his spine.

Give, give, give, top lad Jools. 

Archived