IGNORED

Judge Dredd

Gazred

Any fans on here?

Was a big reader of the comics back in the day and enjoyed the Karl Urban led Dredd movie a few years back (not even going to entertain the Stallone effort).

Well thanks to fan power they have decided to create a live action big budget TV series.

The original material lends it self to this format really well, there are a ton of stories that would work well over a season or 3 and some great characters to introduce along the way.

Probably wont see it until next year at this rate, only just announced and not got to the stage where a network is looking at picking it up yet.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/dredd/live-action-judge-dredd-tv-series-works/

Yes, loved the character as a kid. Still got all my 2000AD's bagged and boxed up, nearly a 1000 of them, starting from Prog 1. My lad doesn't seem bothered about them, kids today, eh?! :laugh:. So I keep meaning to put them on eBay. Agree about Karl Urban, thought he made a great Dredd, as did the young actress playing Anderson, sigh! 

On 2017-5-21 at 15:33, JustinCider said:

Yes, loved the character as a kid. Still got all my 2000AD's bagged and boxed up, nearly a 1000 of them, starting from Prog 1. My lad doesn't seem bothered about them, kids today, eh?! :laugh:. So I keep meaning to put them on eBay. Agree about Karl Urban, thought he made a great Dredd, as did the young actress playing Anderson, sigh! 

Sadly gave a large pile of mine away many moons ago. 

Surprised more 2000AD stuff hasnt been sourced for TV/movies. So much there, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors, Flesh and so on.

Archived