IGNORED

Wolves

CodeRed

Paul Lambert expected to leave after Chinese owners Fosun informed him that Super Agent Jorge Mendes would be in charge of selecting which players the club will sign this summer (wether Lambert wants them or not).

It will be interesting to see who takes over accepting those conditions.

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Paul Lambert expected to leave after Chinese owners Fosun informed him that Super Agent Jorge Mendes would be in charge of selecting which players the club will sign this summer (wether Lambert wants them or not).

The FA or EFL should be investigating why a football agent has such a strong say over a club's transfer policy

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Job for Cotts ! 

3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Another example of owners who know bugger all about how English football works..........:disapointed2se:

Thanfully we have an owner who lets football business professionals get on with it.

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The FA or EFL should be investigating why a football agent has such a strong say over a club's transfer policy

Why?  Common practice in Spain.  Zinedine Zidane doesn't have a final say in the players Real sign.  He's given players to work with and has to get on with it.  

For those ****s who really don't get what  our owner has done for the good of Bristol City (and more) they really should try to name people who could do a 'better' job (silence follows) and take note of what the 'old timer' fans think of every club unfortunate enough to be run by people like this.

Sickening really and agree the FA or League hierarchy should be doing a better role in allowing such foreign money into our game.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Another example of owners who know bugger all about how English football works..........:disapointed2se:

Thanfully we have an owner who lets football business professionals get on with it.

The football business professional is a yes man - our owner interferes more than most, as you well know.

Just now, Malago said:

Why?  Common practice in Spain.  Zinedine Zidane doesn't have a final say in the players Real sign.  He's given players to work with and has to get on with it.  

Real sign most of the world's top players so Zizou can pretty much choose who he wants from his massive squad.

Wolves are not in the same position.

There are two issues here ;

1) An agent will surely favour his clients so a bit like asking a fox to guard your hens.

2) Surely there would be consultations with the head coach on positions he wants filling etc.

7 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

The football business professional is a yes man - our owner interferes more than most, as you well know.

They are employed by SL to run the club in his absence but ultimately the buck stops with him.

We all know that all major decisions within the club are made by him but no doubt after the senior guys at the club have expressed their view. 

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Imagine lansdown sold up . And we were bought by someone from Malaysia. Who wanted to change the colour of our shirts. As for wolves the owners have been spending big money. They want instant success. I hope they go down next season. Another club losing its history and identity to clueless foreign owners. 

Red Army should post this more frequently so we can end what has been a pointless criticism during Jan and Feb '17 of our owner and get more posts related to football tactics, opinions on team selections and matters that relate to fans who go home and away, or who would like to.

Well said that man! If you try to ' buy instant success' you lose your traditional fantasy  witness Cardiff. Does anyone on here who genuinely supports our club want that?

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

For those ****s who really don't get what  our owner has done for the good of Bristol City (and more) they really should try to name people who could do a 'better' job (silence follows) and take note of what the 'old timer' fans think of every club unfortunate enough to be run by people like this.

Sickening really and agree the FA or League hierarchy should be doing a better role in allowing such foreign money into our game.

Ask Derrick McInnies or Coppel about interference from BCFC owners.

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Red Army should post this more frequently so we can end what has been a pointless criticism during Jan and Feb '17 of our owner and get more posts related to football tactics, opinions on team selections and matters that relate to fans who go home and away, or who would like to.

Well said that man! If you try to ' buy instant success' you lose your traditional fantasy  witness Cardiff. Does anyone on here who genuinely supports our club want that?

you don't feel that "Bristol Sport" is homeopathically eroding our tradition/identity??

Take another look.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

As I understand it, Wolves owners and Mendes haves shares in each other's businesses. The FA looked into the original deal and saw no conflict of interest:clapping:

I think it was along the lines of Wolves shares sold to Mendes and the money invested in the agency. No I see no conflicts  :facepalm:

After the owners/Mendes saying they will control transfers I expect the FA to look again.

18 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I can't, I don't know them. You are obviously ITK on this, please tell us.....

To be fair wasn't it said in an interview by McInnes a couple of years back stating that SL was too involved. Such as team talks and player selections.

1) Im not sure if its true I remember someone posting a link on here though.

2)Its SL's club and on a positive spin its good to see he is heavily Involved.

Also I thought Coppell fecked off like he always has in his career, when the going gets tough.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

you don't feel that "Bristol Sport" is homeopathically eroding our tradition/identity??

Take another look.

Never thought I would see homeopathy used in a post on this forum.

Respect Robert TB.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Take another look.

No

Still Bristol City, still play in red, still play at Ashton Gate stadium. We even have a few Bristolians in the squad 

Which part our identity has been so homeopathically (??) eroded that you want our chairman gone?

31 minutes ago, Red Ferret said:

No

Still Bristol City, still play in red, still play at Ashton Gate stadium. We even have a few Bristolians in the squad 

Which part our identity has been so homeopathically (??) eroded that you want our chairman gone?

SL has his faults like we all do. However, I do believe he has the best interests of Bristol City FC at heart. 

There is no doubt that we are in a better place with him at the helm, than a number of other clubs in this league. When you consider the number of clubs that are being run by individuals who do not have the clubs best interests at heart it is amazing. The EFL / FA really need to get tough with the regulations

Haven't read the whole thread but I recorded last weeks Jeff stelling show as I was at the game (sad I know) Paul Walsh said this is what's happened to Blackburn . Venkys came in without a clue and employed a agent to deal with a manager and signings. No wonder it went wrong because all he was doing was lining his own pocket . Shambles if true and I'd be seriously worried if I was a wolves fan 

3 hours ago, bs3 said:

I'm usually a big fan of Lansdown & the way he conducts himself. But if you are telling me he is the reason I had to watch Richard Foster play for City, my faith has just diminished!

58 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I'm usually a big fan of Lansdown & the way he conducts himself. But if you are telling me he is the reason I had to watch Richard Foster play for City, my faith has just diminished!

he isn't. The reason you had to watch Foster was that McInnes was clueless about what players were available South of Hardian's Wall.

4 hours ago, bs3 said:

I'd rather ask Derek McInnes and Coppell.....

Yeh, yeh spelling police...but these are guys who are integral to our history....it is so not difficult to spell their names correctly. So easy to find out the correct spelling.

I've said before, but seeing Landsdowne, Aston Gate, Cottrill etc etc etc....is just frustrating....yes I'm a boring old fart, but we all demand the highest standards on and off the field at our club, but then we don't demonstrate anything like that ourselves...and the tired old 'blame it on autocorrect' is just rubbish...

Archived