IGNORED

City v Palace play offs 2008

Robin101

4 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

My favourite game I've ever been to. What a night.

Ditto. It was so intense, the whole ground as one. It feels like it was only yesterday, I remember it vividly. I can't get my head around it being nearly 10years ago!

Watching that video, I still get goose bumps when I hear that commentary of magic daps scoring. 

The east-end that night was epic, constant singing, big George flying over us, and never in my 28 years supporting the club have I felt such elation and togetherness, it was better IMO than the Hartlepool game.

I very much doubt we'll experience the atmosphere and feelings of that night for a very long time. 

45 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Went to both games - both brilliant. City did a dvd called something like "storming the palace" - always regretted not buying it at the time.

Same here, went to both games, but I bought the DVD and have watched it a few times over the years during the summer months went I need a fix.

I went to both, can't believe it was that long a go, I think those 2 games apart from Portsmouth at home when we went up to div1 and Liverpool at home when there was 38k odd in the ground and maybe the Martin Hurst FA cup game at Eastville and maybe the Chester game when we started the climb back and maybe the Freight Rover trophy final against Bolton and maybe the Hartlepool semi final they were the best 2 games ive been to or maybe the Anfield win, I just can't decide !!!!

58 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I went to both, can't believe it was that long a go, I think those 2 games apart from Portsmouth at home when we went up to div1 and Liverpool at home when there was 38k odd in the ground and maybe the Martin Hurst FA cup game at Eastville and maybe the Chester game when we started the climb back and maybe the Freight Rover trophy final against Bolton and maybe the Hartlepool semi final they were the best 2 games ive been to or maybe the Anfield win, I just can't decide !!!!

yeah maybe

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Know what you mean but I ran out of breath reading it!

1 hour ago, kmpowell said:

Ditto. It was so intense, the whole ground as one. It feels like it was only yesterday, I remember it vividly. I can't get my head around it being nearly 10years ago!

Watching that video, I still get goose bumps when I hear that commentary of magic daps scoring. 

The east-end that night was epic, constant singing, big George flying over us, and never in my 28 years supporting the club have I felt such elation and togetherness, it was better IMO than the Hartlepool game.

I very much doubt we'll experience the atmosphere and feelings of that night for a very long time. 

100% agree with you if I can Experiance one more night like that in my life I'll be a happy man

14 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

The away game was unforgettable but the home game we were so poor for 90 minutes, really should've lost.

Luckily Watson missed the pen and the rest is history

Played them off the park at Palace. Perhaps one of our best away perfomances all season. We weren't that bad at home till they scored and then we go nervous. We could have won it at the death with Trundles effort.  Dominated extra time..

Archived