IGNORED

Where's Phileas Fogg?

ChippenhamRed

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone know where @Phileas Fogg has gone? A regular on the forum, and someone who's views I respect and appreciate.

Hasn't logged on for about 6 weeks now and there was no indication he was heading off.

Good point CR - Had a look for him t'other day - a good poster , always a good read

Think he worked abroad , certainly for periods so maybe for that reason

Come in @Phileas Fogg :trumpet:

Looking through threads in the classics section the other day was interesting. Some posters who used to be regular contributors have disappeared over the last couple of years.

What happened to Ten Minutes of Rough?

Edit: in answer to the OP, I don't know where Phileas Fogg is either btw.

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good point CR - Had a look for him t'other day - a good poster , always a good read

Think he worked abroad , certainly for periods so maybe for that reason

Come in @Phileas Fogg :trumpet:

Does "working abroad" stop you these days though? Realistically where could anyone go for six weeks without an internet connection, short of the middle of the jungle.

40 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Does "working abroad" stop you these days though? Realistically where could anyone go for six weeks without an internet connection, short of the middle of the jungle.

No true - but used to have DM conversations with him and he didn't give me any impression he was disenchanted with the forum

Hopefully he will 'sail back in' as I agree his contributions are missed   :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, where is he? One of the best posters on here imo.

I thought it was a bit strange when he didn't appear on the boxing thread for the AJ fight.

Hope you're well Ben!

41 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It's a mrs fogg not mr fogg! 

Might have got this wrong but are we saying Phileas is a woman called Ben?!

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No, I'm in Australia at the moment and still log on

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the thread/nice comments!

I set a New Years resolution to have a bit of a 'digital detox' for a month or so - only got around to actually starting in April which coincided with a particularly busy few weeks at work.

Must admit, I have been lurking on Otib now and then having a browse without signing in. Very pleased we were able to survive. Highly important summer of recruitment coming up.

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I keep looking out for the return of Mr Fogg; very sensible poster, who is never afraid of pulling apart my threads / responses, in a charming yet ruthless fashion!

Yes Mr. RedDog, I would have been all over that recent Taylor thread!!

Archived