IGNORED

Where's Phileas Fogg?

ChippenhamRed

16 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Do I need to post it again? 

Oh go on then. 

This was the intro which was talking 

But there was also this beauty. Gonna have this stuck in my head now! 

Christ! While finding that, I've just found this beauty as well. 

Yes, that first video was the one I was thinking of when I mentioned the Yank chatting.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I raise you:

I see you and raise you these three glorious babies:

Kicking it back old skool...

And then there was this:

And then the daddy of them all:

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Red Dwarf, just for having absolutely no relevance to the show at all, also a great tune!

Just because I love it:

And finally, just because... ALL TOGETHER NOW!

No excuses for not knowing the words...

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Late Entry

Love it, got about 25 episodes from a video shop on North Street when the children were young.

Pretty sure I read the character ( and looks) of Dick Dastardly were based on Nogbad the Bad. 

On 2017-5-14 at 21:34, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve got the single of that by The Dickies on bright yellow vinyl!

Everyone has. What would be really valuable is a copy of that record on black vinyl! 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I raise you:

Class. 

You go to Germany, you've got your Bach, your Beethoven, your Brahms... in America you've got your Fred McDowell, your Irving Berlin, your Glenn Miller, and your Booker T & the MG's

14 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Everyone has. What would be really valuable is a copy of that record on black vinyl! 

Class. 

You go to Germany, you've got your Bach, your Beethoven, your Brahms... in America you've got your Fred McDowell, your Irving Berlin, your Glenn Miller, and your Booker T & the MG's

What about `Paranoid` on clear vinyl, got that too somewhere.

What a fantastic thread!

@Bristol Rob - thank you for Jamie and his Magic Torch, one of my absolute favourites

@exAtyeoMax and @Davefevs - summer holidays just didn't count if you didn't start your day with The Flashing Blade. The acting was truly awful, the 'stuntman' budget must have been spent on something else, because other than the theme, just how bad they got blown up or fell off things is my biggest memory of that

Thank you for the memories!!

But - where the hell are Hong Kong Phooey (Number 1 Super Guy), Bod and that amazing animal band (and guessing which flavour milkshake he was going to have) and the 2nd most fantastic trilogy of all time (after Scott, Brennan & Bell) of Camberwick Green, Trumpton (yes kids, it was an actual place before the G*s ruined it) and Chigley? Disappointed with you all, tut tut

But not as disappointed as I am with @BobBobSuperBob - the Banana Splits used to scare the living shit out of me. Even just seeing the still on the vids you posted was enough to make me 5 again and looking for somewhere to hide. Weird how something gets in your head, huh? Funnily enough I asked my Mum not so long back if she could remember just how much I hated them the other day....can't remember a thing! And 40 years I still can't look at them without feeling a bit freaked out!

On another point, as we're having the most pointless thread in keeping it on track - Doctor Beat by Gloria Estefan and The Miami Sound Machine. This was the BBC Breakfast 'song of the day' the day I started secondary school. Can still remember being sat there, all ready to go off for the big day and hearing that song. Came on the radio the other day, instant butterflies in my stomach! 33 years on, remember it like it was yesterday

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

Italia90 being my favourite theme. Love a it of Pav

That just induced a flashback of being an eight year old, sat motionless just with tears rolling down my face after Waddle hit high and wide..... cheers!

On 16/05/2017 at 14:17, BobBobSuperBob said:

This forum is excellent , and funny 

Most of the other forums I nose at have about a dozen posts on a match day thread

We're on page 3 of a thread enquiring about an absent poster that has turned into theme tunes of programmes we watched as kids :blink:

:laughcont:

Brilliant

:clap::laughcont:

It shouldn't come as a surprise that if you stick a load of City together for too long then all sorts of affectionate nonsense will inevitably ensue....

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

DOOBY DOOBY DOOO

Anyone know the story behind that? and.... 

Why don't we do it anymore?

Not been away in ages

Archived