IGNORED

Sound of the City - LJ on the show on Monday night

Jacki

Just seen on Twentyman's Twitter feed that LJ and Jamie McAllister are on Geoff's show for an hour on Monday night.

Should be an interesting listen. I wonder how much fan interaction there will be, and how much vetting the questions will get....

2 hours ago, Jacki said:

Just seen on Twentyman's Twitter feed that LJ and Jamie McAllister are on Geoff's show for an hour on Monday night.

Should be an interesting listen. I wonder how much fan interaction there will be, and how much vetting the questions will get....

The one thing Geodff Twentyman has got is integrity. It'll be his way or the highway.

I don't really want to hear unvetted questioning, not because they will be santised, but because we'd more likely end up with unimaginative repeated questions: chaff >> wheat, or something. I'm all for hard searching vetted questions put by the originators/GT.

Being unimaginative myself, I just want to know why Maggers was dropped like a hot potato, whether they think Tomlin will be moving on, and Engvell: wtf happened there? It would probably be better if the retained list could be issued before the appearance.

He did a very good interview with Darrell Clark on 'Having a Gas' the other night. Well at least DC came across very well. I'm sure he reassured a lot of Gasheads and gave them cause for optimism.

Hope LJ can do the same. He talks well and enthusiastically about football and although I'm sure he won't please everyone on here (and I felt he should have gone after the Cardiff game)  he doesn't hide and is clearly ambitious . 

8 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The one thing Geodff Twentyman has got is integrity. It'll be his way or the highway.

I don't really want to hear unvetted questioning, not because they will be santised, but because we'd more likely end up with unimaginative repeated questions: chaff >> wheat, or something. I'm all for hard searching vetted questions put by the originators/GT.

Being unimaginative myself, I just want to know why Maggers was dropped like a hot potato, whether they think Tomlin will be moving on, and Engvell: wtf happened there? It would probably be better if the retained list could be issued before the appearance.

Yes I'd like to hear why players drifted in and out of the team on and off all season. What happened to make Patterson vanish off the face of the earth for months at a time? Brownhill, Magnusson, Reid, Pack, Hegeler.... they've all completely disappeared at various times, often for no apparent reason. I'm sure there are others I've forgotten as well. 

I'd also love to hear what exactly LJ feels he has learnt from this season. He talks about learning a lot but has never been pressed on it. What's he going to do to avoid a repeat of that horrendous run? How are we going to replace Tammy? 

Above all I want Geoff to ask the searching questions and not let him off the hook, like he did with SL a month or so ago. If he does that it will be a fantastic listen. 

2 hours ago, Jacki said:

I'd also love to hear what exactly LJ feels he has learnt from this season. He talks about learning a lot but has never been pressed on it.

Very good point , I'd like to know why he thinks it is acceptable to sit back and play very narrow in the first half, not score and usually go a goal down and then go gung ho in the 2nd half.

12 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Coming out the same day I believe. Will explain why they are on there.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I've texted GT a number of times - ALWAYS reads the texts and asks the questions of guests where time allows

If you have a question (A reasonable one that you think he could ask !!)

Text him on 81333

Put   TWENTYMAN  and then your text......

I have too though he called me Septic Pig... :blink: Doubled checked the text and I defo put Septic Peg...

Stupid gashead... 

16 hours ago, Jacki said:

Well RB will certainly won't want any idiots abusing LJ live on air, so I'm sure they will be careful who they put on - if it is a phone-in.

I think I'll pass on him attempting to make football sound complicated while in turn attempting to make himself sound clever.

Look forward to the posts on here where he says something incredibly silly (again) when he gets over excited (again) though. 

My bets are on:

Bryan could play for England.

Patterson is the £20m player we thought we signed. 

We are on course for the play offs next season.

7 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

I think I'll pass on him attempting to make football sound complicated while in turn attempting to make himself sound clever.

Look forward to the posts on here where he says something incredibly silly (again) when he gets over excited (again) though. 

My bets are on:

Bryan could play for England.

Patterson is the £20m player we thought we signed. 

We are on course for the play offs next season.

Joint top at the moment. But I agree all this Bobby Reid worth 5 million. Europe in 5 years. Does not do him any favours. If he believes it then fair enough. Nothing wrong with ambition and bigging your players up . But it can come back to bite you and people don't forget it when things aren't going well. As we found out not so long ago . But he's a young man / coach. And I'm sure he's learning all the time 

On 13/05/2017 at 08:16, BobBobSuperBob said:

I've texted GT a number of times - ALWAYS reads the texts and asks the questions of guests where time allows

If you have a question (A reasonable one that you think he could ask !!)

Text him on 81333

Put   TWENTYMAN  and then your text......

Are you on commission?

Just now, Jacki said:

Anyone listening to this? I'm away from the wireless at the moment, has anything worthwhile been said so far? 

I think I heard Lee admit that he "over cooked" what he was trying to get across to the players, especially the younger players. He used the words "simplicity" and "clarity." This was in response to Geoff asking him what was the single big lesson learned this season. I was half listening at the time, but think that's about right.

So, fair play to Lee for putting a bit more flesh on the bones of his "learned an awful lot" comment last week. Not every coach/manager we can think of would answer that, or like being asked it.

Really think he went through the ringer last season. 

Archived