IGNORED

Sound of the City - LJ on the show on Monday night

Jacki

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

That's a polite, radio local, way of saying "sh1t sandwich." Last season was a bit of a "sh1t sandwich" with two good bits sandwiching the "sh1t" bit in the middle (ie that atrocious run over the winter).

Smell The Glove

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I have got it recorded but a lot to transcribe and should be on catch up in next couple of days , but can at least clarify any q about what he did or didn't say about any particular subject :thumbsup:

you are so good! Have you got a life?

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Gotta be honest. I did chuckle when he spouted "it's my club, it's in my heart" and "I know I'm a good manager".

Arrogant sod.

Credit for him for turning it round but we shouldn't have been like that in the first place...

Self praise is no praise.

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

That's a polite, radio local, way of saying "sh1t sandwich." Last season was a bit of a "sh1t sandwich" with two good bits sandwiching the "sh1t" bit in the middle (ie that atrocious run over the winter).

In this case we cut the crusts off. Throw the sandwich away. Then eat the crusts.

Some other points worth mentioning:

• 1) LJ was thanked 2 or 3 times by GT for making effort to do the show, given his wife had surprised him and taken him away. LJ did it from a outside phone line. GT acknowledged LJ could easily have not done it, he has no obligation to. In my opinion, credit for him for doing it, the seasons over and he could easily say no, i'm on holiday. 
  • 2) LJ spoke solidly for 15 minutes, then GT said, thanks so much, go enjoy your holiday. So when people say JMac had to answer questions LJ should have, LJ wasn't sat there dodging questions, he answered the ones GT gave him, was thanked, then ended the call. JMac spoke after.
  • 3) GT said he had received several texts from fans 'thanking LJ' for his work this season. There was a caller who thanked him for keeping the club in the division.
  • 4) A 'good season' would have been finishing between 6th and 13th.
  • 5) Due to financial reasons and transfer policy, we now sign more players with a 'risk' factor, i.e unproven.

The i'm a good manager in context:

In reference to a text from someone apologising for wanting him sacked, who said he had been proved wrong, following our good form at the end of the season:

"I'd like to thank him for his apology, I completely accept it. I don't blame him by the way either, because I understand the passion of the Bristol City supporters is up there with the best in the country. And like I say, it was just nice to prove that I am a good manager and we have got a good staff and we have got a good bunch of players, because nobody during that spell was more frustrated than me"

16 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Some other points worth mentioning:

• 1) LJ was thanked 2 or 3 times by GT for making effort to do the show, given his wife had surprised him and taken him away. LJ did it from a outside phone line. GT acknowledged LJ could easily have not done it, he has no obligation to. In my opinion, credit for him for doing it, the seasons over and he could easily say no, i'm on holiday. 
  • 2) LJ spoke solidly for 15 minutes, then GT said, thanks so much, go enjoy your holiday. So when people say JMac had to answer questions LJ should have, LJ wasn't sat there dodging questions, he answered the ones GT gave him, was thanked, then ended the call. JMac spoke after.
  • 3) GT said he had received several texts from fans 'thanking LJ' for his work this season. There was a caller who thanked him for keeping the club in the division.
  • 4) A 'good season' would have been finishing between 6th and 13th.
  • 5) Due to financial reasons and transfer policy, we now sign more players with a 'risk' factor, i.e unproven.

The i'm a good manager in context:

In reference to a text from someone apologising for wanting him sacked, who said he had been proved wrong, following our good form at the end of the season:

"I'd like to thank him for his apology, I completely accept it. I don't blame him by the way either, because I understand the passion of the Bristol City supporters is up there with the best in the country. And like I say, it was just nice to prove that I am a good manager and we have got a good staff and we have got a good bunch of players, because nobody during that spell was more frustrated than me"

Good summary. With regard to the 'I'm a good manager' quote. You need to think you're up to it to even have a chance of doing a good job, so I'm quite relaxed about the confidence (bordering on arrogance maybe) of LJ. However, I'm not so comfortable with the self-assessment, especially when there is nothing so far to back it up. The better part of valour, is discretion.

Anyway, for better or for worse, I'm all aboard the LJ express for next season. How long to go now? Anyone?

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Gotta be honest. I did chuckle when he spouted "it's my club, it's in my heart" and "I know I'm a good manager".

Arrogant sod.

Credit for him for turning it round but we shouldn't have been like that in the first place...

I think arrogant goes with the territory of being a manager. It's like strikers being selfish. You probably couldn't do the job if you weren't.

Archived