IGNORED

SuperBobs England Flag

Tin Soldier

That's Italia '90 by the looks of it. I went as well.

We had a dirty great union Jack which we decided to adorn with 'Bristol City FC' and 'BS15 reds' We laid the flag out on the floor of our hotel room and bought what we thought was black marking paint as well as some paper to go under the flag while we painted it.

After a few beers, we set about the flag and it looked pretty damn good so we left it to dry and went back to the bar.

A good few hours later we got back to the room and the flag was dry, it looked great. Unfortunately, in our half pissed stupor, we had neglected to put the paper underneath so there's a hotel in Sardinia where the furniture had been moved around to cover the writing on the carpet of 'Bristol City FC' and 'BS15 reds'. WHOOPS!

We changed hotels the following day. ;)

Italia '90 was an awesome trip, particularly Rimini, that was mad!

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

For those who are wondering who SuperBob is?

IMG_20170513_112939.jpg

Wow - Thanks mate for the photo  (Flag Still in loft I think)

Blimey takes me back ;) *sigh*

Never liked the flag really - looks a bit tat now but back in the day it was a Union Jack or whatever you could make up yourself , and actually looking back all the various individual flags were unique and a sight in their day

Tye 'No Poll Tax Banner' made me laugh !!

For those who remember Colin 'Weasel' Moynihan (Jumped up Sports Minister) he got the Italian Police to check every Flag and ban for some games as two large ones had appeared on the tele with '**** Off Moynihan' and 'B*******x to Moynihan'  :laughcont: in very large letters !!

The replacement 'Bulldog' was bigger , and better :thumbsup: (but never made a World Cup  Final ! ) 

IMG_1084.JPG

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

@BobBobSuperBob Let's hear the story then lad.

Not sure what he's referring to Zider tbh , but then we have many stories of each other !!

:whistle2:

Anyone who was lucky enough to Experience Italia 90 will never forget it - it was just a brilliant time and City had a big following there

I recall bumping into some of ours , who many will know , in Sardinia , and had a certain 'expertise'  , all wearing the latest top of the range Sergio Tacchini track suits and other such apparel they had acquired on a 'shopping trip' thro Switzerland on their way down !!!

Everywhere we went the locals and the Police wanted a fight but the weather , the football and the ' journey' was priceless

Spain , Mexico and Germany were all good , post 96 never the same but Italia 90 was the best 5 weeks of my life - Stood 40 Yds  from that ******* penalty spot in Turin , watching with a World Cup Final Ticket in my pocket ......:unsure:

Naively thought we would do it next time round , or the one after ..... or the .... one after ....

Anyone who's never seen an England game abroad - try and do it - its fantastic and you make many football friends from all over the Country 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks mate - keep thinking about letting a younger fan have the Bulldog Flag as it rarely gets an outing now , but it's hard to let it go !

Keep it . Memories every time you look at it . But it would nice to see it make an appearance again. Top flag 

Anyone remember the 'Bath City' Flag that was always at England games

Havnt seen it or the lad who owned it but he was a good lad , a big Chelsea and Bath City fan who was a painter and decorator and worked crazy hours when he was 'home' , which gave him the time and ££££ to go to every England Football and Cricket Match & Tournament all over the World - was always always there wherever you went - and Had a great life !!!!!

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

That's Italia '90 by the looks of it. I went as well.

We had a dirty great union Jack which we decided to adorn with 'Bristol City FC' and 'BS15 reds' We laid the flag out on the floor of our hotel room and bought what we thought was black marking paint as well as some paper to go under the flag while we painted it.

After a few beers, we set about the flag and it looked pretty damn good so we left it to dry and went back to the bar.

A good few hours later we got back to the room and the flag was dry, it looked great. Unfortunately, in our half pissed stupor, we had neglected to put the paper underneath so there's a hotel in Sardinia where the furniture had been moved around to cover the writing on the carpet of 'Bristol City FC' and 'BS15 reds'. WHOOPS!

We changed hotels the following day. ;)

Italia '90 was an awesome trip, particularly Rimini, that was mad!

Don't know whether you ever saw these Ska - Was a cracking fly in the wall doc about Italia 90 - if not enjoy - it will bring back loads of memories !!!!!

I went back to our campsite in Sardinia 6 yrs ago for Nostalgia , and went to Pula where we watched the players train - hardly changed at all - very nostalgic !!!

There are 12 small parts altogether - anyone who fancies watching it it's a good watch

If anyone wants them I can post the links for the remainder

13 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I love going to England away, not seen England at Wembley for 20 years but the away games are a good crack, 

The last trip to Dortmund was a good crack, only a few City but good non the less. 

Agree Rob - The new Wembley / England Experience is awful

Away trips and preferably a tournament are fantastic

Its a shame some of the younger ones havnt got any good ones on the horizon

Russia , Qatar :blink:

The multi country Euros could be good but you lose that 'all together vibe' when everyone's constantly travelling 

Ive been lucky enough to have experienced all the major domestic finals , a couple of European Cup Finals and all rounds of the Euros and World Cup Finals

Not sure due to ££££ availability,  and the way tournaments are thrown round the world with no thought for supporters , that many will get the same opportunities which is a shame as they create , fantastic memories that last to this day

:chant6ez:

I was in Germany the night the Germans won the '90 World Cup. Absolutely mental night.

The Germans I spoke didn't have a good word to say about the Argies that night and strangely enough played New Order numerous times in the night clubs that night... so as a reminder:

I think you can skip the advert by opening the link, closing and then clicking on the link again?

Closest we've ever come to winning the World Cup since '66 in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I was in Germany the night the Germans won the '90 World Cup. Absolutely mental night.

The Germans I spoke didn't have a good word to say about the Argies that night and strangely enough played New Order numerous times in the night clubs that night... so as a reminder:

I think you can skip the advert by opening the link, closing and then clicking on the link again?

Closest we've ever come to winning the World Cup since '66 in my opinion.

We would have won it  - The Argies were poor and totally relied on Maradonna , also had a couple suspended for the Final

Was in amongst the Germans for the final and was pleased they beat the cheats - Tho Klinsman did his best to even up on that score

I was in Amsterdam :whistle2: (after we got dumped out of Euro 88 ) the night the Dutch beat the Germans in the Semi , in Germany - 

Amazing scenes - Boy do they hate the Germans (Unsurprisingly) Everyone was on the streets for an all night party

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone remember the 'Bath City' Flag that was always at England games

Havnt seen it or the lad who owned it but he was a good lad , a big Chelsea and Bath City fan who was a painter and decorator and worked crazy hours when he was 'home' , which gave him the time and ££££ to go to every England Football and Cricket Match & Tournament all over the World - was always always there wherever you went - and Had a great life !!!!!

Sea horse.?

Archived