IGNORED

Swansea

Clevedon Red

Good gesture. Shame championship clubs don't given hundreds of thousands that they have to invest in fan initiatives, like the £30 (soon to be £20..?) away tickets. 

Well done Swansea players though. Pretty much safe now too. 

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Good gesture. Shame championship clubs don't given hundreds of thousands that they have to invest in fan initiatives, like the £30 (soon to be £20..?) away tickets. 

Yep, looks like it. Sunderland, Boro & Hull probably now, some lovely long trips there.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Doesn't the Premier League give each club a couple of million to use for certain ways and some of the clubs use it to fund discounted prices at away games? Point being it doesn't cost the club anything.

44 minutes ago, hodge said:

Doesn't the Premier League give each club a couple of million to use for certain ways and some of the clubs use it to fund discounted prices at away games? Point being it doesn't cost the club anything.

Exactly. That's what I was saying. Shame the Championship & other level clubs don't receive such subsidies. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Exactly. That's what I was saying. Shame the Championship & other level clubs don't receive such subsidies. 

My mistake, misread your post as why don't championship clubs give money to fund such ideas :facepalm:

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Paid for by the players

Leon Britton's idea

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Paid for by the players

Leon Britton's idea

This game yes, what I quoted was in reference was to the fact the premier league give club millions of pounds to use for certain community/club initiatives. Swansea use theirs to subsidise that no away ticket costs more than £22 (or at least was the cost when it started) and Bar BS3 was saying how its a shame how the rest of the football league don't get similar to allow our clubs to do it as well. 

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

This game yes, what I quoted was in reference was to the fact the premier league give club millions of pounds to use for certain community/club initiatives. Swansea use theirs to subsidise that no away ticket costs more than £22 (or at least was the cost when it started) and Bar BS3 was saying how its a shame how the rest of the football league don't get similar to allow our clubs to do it as well. 

Ahh ok - apologies 

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

But equally they have to travel to Ashton Gate .

Not the same though really is it, they get to come to a beautiful city, currently the 4th best place to visit in the world and we have to go up north to Hull... 

still though! Championship football is what we want so can't complain to much. 

Just now, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Not the same though really is it, they get to come to a beautiful city, currently the 4th best place to visit in the world and we have to go up north to Hull... 

still though! Championship football is what we want so can't complain to much. 

To Hull and back......

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

To Hull and back......

European city of culture dontcha know.

I always remember the first Viz book of crap towns where they were trying to decide between Stoke and Hull for top spot so revisited both. What swung it for Hull was them finding a human turd in a phone box outside the station which had clearly been there for some time.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I always remember the first Viz book of crap towns where they were trying to decide between Stoke and Hull for top spot so revisited both. What swung it for Hull was them finding a human turd in a phone box outside the station which had clearly been there for some time.

I wouldn't stoop so low as to call Dean Windass that . 

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Stoke is Beelzebub`s rusty sheriff badge. Never been to Hull, so couldn`t comment!

"Cities of Culture" lost all currency when Liverpool got it!

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Was he booking his ticket for the playoffs ? 

17 hours ago, hodge said:

And of course, 'sold out' games look much better on the telly.

Just now, cynic said:

Palace beating Hull 2-0 after some dreadful defending.

So its Middlesbrough, Sunderland, and Hull....inspiring..

And Bolton, Sheff Utd & possibly Bradford. Add Leeds, one of Huddersfield or Wednesday, possibly both, Barnsley, PNE, Derby, Burton & Forest and we`ll be spending more time north of Birmingham than we ever have I should think.

Archived