IGNORED

Women`s FA Cup final

Lanterne Rouge

33 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just watched a bit. However they try to gloss it up . The standard is so shocking. It will never catch on 

Standard has improved dramatically over the past few years. The women's game is growing massively - record attendance for the final today I do believe. Maybe more people enjoy a 'shocking standard' of football as you put it.

Just now, bissellredhead said:

Standard has improved dramatically over the past few years. The women's game is growing massively - record attendance for the final today I do believe. Maybe more people enjoy a 'shocking standard' of football as you put it.

40k there but a lot of free tickets dished out to junior girls sides according to 5live earlier. Still a good attendance though - it`s one thing getting a free ticket but you`ve still got to shell out to get there.

Just now, bissellredhead said:

Well it is a shocking standard. And I believe there are a few free tickets distributed amongst the schools. Sorry mate women's football is shit

1 minute ago, bissellredhead said:

Lots of cheap tickets on offer, not PC to criticise but it is pretty poor.

5 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

Also u say the game is growing massively. Attendances for women's league football are shocking. How the game survives financially is a mystery 

13 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Also u say the game is growing massively. Attendances for women's league football are shocking. How the game survives financially is a mystery 

Why are you shocked by the attendances? Think about it for long enough and you will realise the attendances are actually pretty impressive.  

Standard has massively improved over the last few years and will continue to do so.  The women's game will only continue to grow.

I don't really understand the direct comparison with the men's game.  The men's game has a lot more history and exposure.  It's not really comparable.  

Calling the standard 'shit' is a bit immature.  Should people not support their local men's team if the standard happens to not be very good?

19 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Attendance wise not so but there is an increase http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/nov/07/fa-wsl-attendances-continue-to-rise-2016

My use of massively wasn't explained fully, I linked it to attendances but the overall exposure of women's football has improved and has more people interested - take the last World Cup for example.

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Why are you shocked by the attendances? Think about it for long enough and you will realise the attendances are actually pretty impressive.  

Standard has massively improved over the last few years and will continue to do so.  The women's game will only continue to grow.

I don't really understand the direct comparison with the men's game.  The men's game has a lot more history and exposure.  It's not really comparable.  

Calling the standard 'shit' is a bit immature.  Should people not support their local men's team if the standard happens to not be very good?

Who compared it to men's football. And as for the standard it's shit . And for attendances. They are poor. Answer me this . How does woman's football financially support itself. Look at Bristol city ladies. Average what 600 . Entrance fee a fiver . 30000 grand gate receipts. Nothing to do with being immature. It's to do with people pushing it and promoting it . Because it politically correct. It's shit end of 

8 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

Attendance wise not so but there is an increase http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/nov/07/fa-wsl-attendances-continue-to-rise-2016

My use of massively wasn't explained fully, I linked it to attendances but the overall exposure of women's football has improved and has more people interested - take the last World Cup for example.

Exposure yes . Of course. Attendances. Highest 4000 average 2000 . It's crap

19 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Who compared it to men's football. And as for the standard it's shit . And for attendances. They are poor. Answer me this . How does woman's football financially support itself. Look at Bristol city ladies. Average what 600 . Entrance fee a fiver . 30000 grand gate receipts. Nothing to do with being immature. It's to do with people pushing it and promoting it . Because it politically correct. It's shit end of 

When you say it's shit what are you comparing it to ? Men's football. 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just watched a bit. However they try to gloss it up . The standard is so shocking. It will never catch on 

What's your standard?

Technically .. I can think of at least one City player whose technique would be inferior v some of the Manchester City players.

Tempo and strength is another thing. 

1 hour ago, bissellredhead said:

It's fantastic that the ladies are enjoying their football,and standards have indeed improved-the 'but' is I will likely be pushing up daisy's with a very fine bottle of malt beside me before the standard reaches such a point to be palatable for a serious watch...and I hope that's a while yet!

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

When you say it's shit what are you comparing it to ? Men's football. 

Twice u mentioned men's football. If women's football was that good. U would see team shirts with players names on the back in public. Scarfs. Away following. Atmosphere. None of it happens. I'm not being harsh. I'm being honest. Women's football is crap . Just my opinion 

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Who's that player

Have a think. Are all City's players two footed? Can you not think of one with a touch that is suspect? Is there not one that looks ungainly in possession and has a tendency to lose the ball when under pressure, or travelling at speed?

Just now, Cowshed said:

Have a think. Are all City's players two footed? Can you not think of one with a touch that is suspect? Is there not one that looks ungainly in possession and has a tendency to loses the ball when under pressure, or travelling at speed?

U said I can think of at least one player. Tell me who he or they are and we can debate it 

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Question: what level of the men's game would the best women's team be equivalent to do you reckon?

I know there is the issue of physical strength etc, but I'm thinking in terms of skill and technique.

I see it as an irrelevant question.  Women's tennis players are worse than men but still perfectly enjoyable to watch.

The standard of women's football is fantastic.   

Just now, RedDave said:

I see it as an irrelevant question.  Women's tennis players are worse than men but still perfectly enjoyable to watch.

The standard is fantastic. But u constantly moan about Bristol city men's team. And constantly patronise people 

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It's a perfectly valid and interesting question and I wasn't making any judgement on the standard, simply asking the question. Shame you felt the need to belittle it.

Archived