IGNORED

MLS

Just now, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Currently watching Montreal vs Colorado game and have to say although quality isn't amazing I am impressed with the high tempo and as soon as the play is stopped both teams looking to resume straight away.

Entertaining to watch, a really competitive game now 

Any former English/Scottish league players on show?

MLS is always over looked when it comes to its competitiveness. I'd much rather watch that week in week out than the boring nature of the Prem. 

Plus it's getting better with a more European fan culture. The team I follow Orlando City has just built a new ground with what they call 'the Purple Wall'. It creates such a great atmosphere. 

I love the MLS, not for it's great quality but just sheer entertainment, there are some excellent players and although they're behind in terms of on the field, some of their off the field work is far ahead of us. 

Orlando have "pyro areas" and area for signing fans and standing only. 

There are some gems in that league. I've been saying since his rookie season Cyle Larin is someone we must be looking at. He has scored again this evening

47 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

MLS is always over looked when it comes to its competitiveness. I'd much rather watch that week in week out than the boring nature of the Prem. 

Plus it's getting better with a more European fan culture. The team I follow Orlando City has just built a new ground with what they call 'the Purple Wall'. It creates such a great atmosphere. 

Fed up with the Premier League, prefer lower leagues, championship L1 & 2

City following Willem v Ajax tomorrow, gonna find a stream hopefully 

33 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Fed up with the Premier League, prefer lower leagues, championship L1 & 2

City following Willem v Ajax tomorrow, gonna find a stream hopefully 

Same here. The Prem is just so sterile and diluted nowadays. Following a foreign league (bar City of course) has been a breath of fresh air for me this last year. 

Got nothing against the MLS - as you say entertaining stuff but whenever I hear about "soccer" in USA it reminds me of a scene from the Mary Whitehouse Experience some 25 odd years ago - check it out - was funny at the time anyway :-

40 minutes ago, Neo said:

Got nothing against the MLS - as you say entertaining stuff but whenever I hear about "soccer" in USA it reminds me of a scene from the Mary Whitehouse Experience some 25 odd years ago - check it out - was funny at the time anyway :-

Must not have aged very well 

6 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Just read up on this fella, definitely a Gow in the making, broke his wrist and fractured his arm 2 weeks ago, been training and playing since with effectively foam around it :boxing: 

IMG_3350.JPG

Has he also forgotten to re-attach his hand? Bet he doesn't take too many throw ins....

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

Must not have aged very well 

Yeah maybe. At the time it went down very well cos USA was just not known for soccer at all and probably we were bitter - we as in England - that countries like this got awarded tournaments we wanted to host.

Nothing has changed in that regard I guess !! :P

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Yeah maybe. At the time it went down very well cos USA was just not known for soccer at all and probably we were bitter - we as in England - that countries like this got awarded tournaments we wanted to host.

Nothing has changed in that regard I guess !! :P

Having said that, I do find Brad Bobley funny!!! Google the videos.

Archived