IGNORED

FGR BIG Day.........really?

slartibartfast

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Tranmere nearly score as BT pitch side try to interview Mark Cooper . What's all that about.

BT always do that in the Vanarama games

Whether access is part of a TV agreement as would have thought most managers would say '***** off'

Woooo 3-1 FGR

7 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Oh my word! What a goal. It's almost like the pitch is too big for the teams? So open! Or maybe it's just a great game of football.

An odd one. The surface of Wembley isn't THAT big - it's just an illusion. In fact it is the exact dimension of Ashton Gate. I think FGR is the smallest size available. Not sure about Tranmere. Theoretically 2 yards wider shouldn't make that much of a difference. We did a few hours of studying pitch dimensions and how it effects games at a coaching course I was on a few months back.

It's very odd. Spurs really seem to struggle at Wembley which is an odd one given they're naturally a side who like to play with a bit of width. 

But personally I believe this just happens to be a bit of a cracker... :)

Just now, EmersonsRed said:

An odd one. The surface of Wembley isn't THAT big - it's just an illusion. In fact it is the exact dimension of Ashton Gate. I think FGR is the smallest size available. Not sure about Tranmere. Theoretically 2 yards wider shouldn't make that much of a difference. We did a few hours of studying pitch dimensions and how it effects games at a coaching course I was on a few months back.

It's very odd. Spurs really seem to struggle at Wembley which is an odd one given they're naturally a side who like to play with a bit of width. 

But personally I believe this just happens to be a bit of a cracker... :)

I did get slated on here earlier in he season for daring to suggest that the level of football a game is played at has little bearing on how good the game of football is .

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

I did get slated on here earlier in he season for daring to suggest that the level of football a game is played at has little bearing on how good the game of football is .

No no, you are correct. I have watched some fantastic games of football in the Southern League this season! However I am yet to see a decent game of football at ANY level of Scottish football.

Just now, EmersonsRed said:

No no, you are correct. I have watched some fantastic games of football in the Southern League this season! However I am yet to see a decent game of football at ANY level of Scottish football.

I was at Cowdenbeath v Arbroath a few weeks ago. It was an absolute cracker of a game.

One of the above sentences is not true.

4 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

They haven't had a lot of sales because there is simply not a big enough population to support a club even really of conference size let alone football league. They are very lucky they have a wealthy benefactor. 

Nailsworth is tiny and I dread to think what it'll be like with the size of support some teams would bring even in League 2.

In Stroud there is little mention of FGR and IMO this is where they should be trying to draw support from. Transport links are lacking (generally, not just for football) and for a football minded Stroudie Cheltenham is much easier to get to and much more appealing. 

Whilst I wish them luck today because I'd like to see my local side in the league I can't help but wonder if this really is too big a step for such a small club.

Agree with you 100%

Other than the Batemans shop which does actively promote FGR in terms of shirts etc there is the very little mention of the cliub whatsoever except a back page scoop in the SNJ or Stroud Life... I really doubt many people buy the paper anymore.

I think the move to J13 will not help the club in terms of support expansion, its in the middle of nowhere between Eastington and Frampton... I get the logistics and the fact its for business purposes but the club will never bring the support in. As you say Transport links are very poor here, makes it worse if they do move

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I've thought this before. Thought that if players were a bit less fit, had slightly worse touches, and were generally a bit less organised it would probably make for more exciting games.

Archived