IGNORED

FGR BIG Day.........really?

slartibartfast

Just now, Wanderingred said:

I cant see this football league adventure ending well for FGR but welcome and congrats to them all the same! 2 years after another non league minnow named Rovers made it into the big time. :D

You should believe mate, as you say, you only have to look over the river to see that tiny, insignificant non league teams` dreams can come true.

Mind you, FGR`s big advantage is that their owner actually has some money.

6 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Considering that the population of Nailsworth is only about 6000, that is not bad.

Well done FGR. Dingwall has a population of 4,500, yet it supports Ross County who have been in the SPL for a few seasons now.

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I can only see another Rushden scenario unfolding when huge player wages are not supported by increasing crowds.

Yet before Max Griggs's money dried up, R&D climbed to L1 whilst the larger and longer established Northampton Town were in L2.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Population of Nailsworth = 5,800

Population of Taunton = 64,600

Don't understand how anyone can really criticise FGR's following really.

Who was criticising their support? I said I was surprised they were only taking 4k to this game given its magnitude.

Taunton  is obviously a bigger place, thanks for being patronising, but the Peacocks get all of 200 for home games and it was only the FA Vase!

Fair play to Cooper, he played some good football at Swindle but had a right idiot for a chairman and look where they are now, it was generally considered that FGR were the best "footballing" team this season, would love it if they beat Swindle next season

Just now, harrys said:

Fair play to Cooper, he played some good football at Swindle but had a right idiot for a chairman and look where they are now, it was generally considered that FGR were the best "footballing" team this season, would love it if they beat Swindle next season

A very good point. What's the odds that fixture opens the season? Actually scrap that, put it on international weekend ad that would be well worth a televised game!

Massive congratulations to Forest Green on their promotion.

All I hope for next season is no League 2 supporting fan comes up to me or anyone in Nailsea asking where "Forest Greens ground to". About 5 years ago. This random guy who supported Braintree Town (if I remember rightly) told me he was driving around Nailsea for half an hour and that the match kicks off in 20 minutes. Lets just say he wasn't pleased when I reminded him that Nailsworth is another hour away on the motorway. Not good  

32 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Congratulations FGR. 

More importantly though, how did @Robboredget on?

Well done to FGR. Another localish club in our area in the FL

Handy if FGR can get promoted from League 2 next season and (assuming the gas avoid relegation) get to play at the Memorial Stadium the following season............:facepalm:

6 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Only one winner here - the real football League team Tranmere.

I do want FGR to win, but as usual they wont go up they will bottle it.

Always think posts like this, a prediction stated as fact, are a very dangerous game with the potential to make you look rather silly.

Just now, bcfcchris2016 said:

All I hope for next season is no League 2 supporting fan comes up to me or anyone in Nailsea asking where "Forest Greens ground to". About 5 years ago. This random guy who supported Braintree Town (if I remember rightly) told me he was driving around Nailsea for half an hour and that the match kicks off in 20 minutes. Lets just say he wasn't pleased when I reminded him that Nailsworth is another hour away on the motorway. Not good  

Cockney knob.

4 minutes ago, bcfcchris2016 said:

Was he a Braintree fan or a Braindead fan???

:dunno:

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

I would imagine FGR will borrow some of our young players now? It's good to have a local league side where we can send some youngsters and both clubs benefit.

I can see McCoulsky being there for a years experience TBH.

What`s our relationship like with Cooper though? I seem to recall some harsh words after the Swindon games in league 1.

Archived