IGNORED

FGR BIG Day.........really?

slartibartfast

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, I've always thought we've never lost to non league sides, so I did a bit of research and we have, but it was a long, long time ago!

Ahh well , best forgotten really

:whistle2:

' We've never lost to a non league side in the modern era' 

:whistle2:

:D

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

....if you knew about the early 1900s ones why did you post that we'd never been knocked out by a non league club?!

And it just had to be the Gills in 1946/47 didn't it!

I reckon we`ve had our own back since though!

Closest we`ve come since then that I can remember was probably that Kingstonian game when Tony Thorpe equalised in the 95th minute and we won the replay 1-0 - Scott Murray

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I reckon we`ve had our own back since though!

Closest we`ve come since then that I can remember was probably that Kingstonian game when Tony Thorpe equalised in the 95th minute and we won the replay 1-0 - Scott Murray

Yep, that went right to the wire, it seemed like Thorpe equalised when everyone was at home watching Match of the Day!

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....if you knew about the early 1900s ones why did you post that we'd never been knocked out by a non league club?!

And it just had to be the Gills in 1946/47 didn't it!

Apply Gas logic......We have never lost to a non league club in our entire history......1982-Present.

7 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Plenty of fans of non league teams bitter about FGR right now.

Some saying they are running at £10M losses... that can't be right surely :blink:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. For the last 3 years they have been paying massive wages to a large squad of players supported by crowds of 1500. Theres no way they won't have accrued huge losses (maybe not £10mil though). I guess they will be fine for as long as their owner is around to absorb the losses but they will be utterly screwed if he ever buggers off, ala Rushden.

7 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. For the last 3 years they have been paying massive wages to a large squad of players supported by crowds of 1500. Theres no way they won't have accrued huge losses (maybe not £10mil though). I guess they will be fine for as long as their owner is around to absorb the losses but they will be utterly screwed if he ever buggers off, ala Rushden.

This is where the Fair Play rules are a farce. I was listening to the game on Radio Glos and they were discussing this and the guy said Vince will jut buy more shares in the club and convert them (something like that).

On the finances

The last accounts showed £2.9M loss, a wage bill of £2.1M, on a turnover of £1M.

That says their average player salary (assumes a 20 man squad) is about £2K per week - or perhaps a bit less as the wage bill includes staff..

Not massively extravagant - L2 or lower Li wages I'd have thought.....................but probably way above most National League sides.

Their off field income was very small - and like us their  new ground will drastically increase off field revenue - albeit Dale Vince has to fund it.

What has to be remembered is Dale Vince is using the fGr name, publicity, sponsorship ,etc to drive his sustainability message.............ie he hopes the club and it's success drives growth in his other non football related business. He's also on a mission to demonstrate "another way" and the football club is riding his wave at the moment. He's already said L2 will be easier to get out of and his target is the  Championship and he'll continue to spend as necessary and employ managers who can get them their.

On Mon May 15 2017 at 12:32, CodeRed said:

On the finances

The last accounts showed £2.9M loss, a wage bill of £2.1M, on a turnover of £1M.

That says their average player salary (assumes a 20 man squad) is about £2K per week - or perhaps a bit less as the wage bill includes staff..

Not massively extravagant - L2 or lower Li wages I'd have thought.....................but probably way above most National League sides.

Their off field income was very small - and like us their  new ground will drastically increase off field revenue - albeit Dale Vince has to fund it.

What has to be remembered is Dale Vince is using the fGr name, publicity, sponsorship ,etc to drive his sustainability message.............ie he hopes the club and it's success drives growth in his other non football related business. He's also on a mission to demonstrate "another way" and the football club is riding his wave at the moment. He's already said L2 will be easier to get out of and his target is the  Championship and he'll continue to spend as necessary and employ managers who can get them their.

But no public transport access to the new ground?

Archived