IGNORED

Retained list due out today

Septic Peg

Not sure what time but LJ said the list is due out today. LJ and Macca on the wireless tonight with 20p to discuss...

I'd expect a few obvious candidates on their way such as Wilbs and O'Neil (Wilbs OOC and Gaz paid up). Possibly Tomlin but imagine he'll be transfer listed.

Can also see Bobby possibly going on the transfer list too and Hegeler.

Mark Little I'd imagine will be offered a 1 year deal and he'll dismiss it and do a Bosman elsewhere.

Will update the thread when the list is put out for the public...

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Of course. But at least u knew what players are leaving ;)

Just now, Major Isewater said:

You fit in soooo well on here .

:yes:

I have zero affiliation with City. In fact, the only people I know who work down there is a steward and a concession cashier, one of which couldn't even tell you the names of the players!

Thought everyone knew Wilbs and Little were OOC and O'Neil was on a 2 year deal? :blink:

Been thinking about this and I think despite a few good games at the back end of the season Little will be released. I think Wilbs will be offered a coaching role but no playing contract and Bobby Reid, Scott Golbourne and possibly Engvall will be made available for transfer.

I don't see us actively pimping Tomlin etc around as we'll want a good price if he goes and showing our hand won't help that.

1 minute ago, Alex#40 said:

possibly Engvall will be made available for transfer

I'm not so sure.  The thinking on this loan to Sweden could be that he gets playing time over the English off-season.  Idea being that he can then hit the ground running once the Swedish season finishes, or we can recall him in August (if we have such a clause).  I suspect we will give him another go.  I keep forgetting that he's only 20.

@Septic Peg why Hegeler?

Personally I wouldn't even debate doing anything with Engvall bar letting him bang a ton of goals in over there and then bringing him back with the intent of using extensively next season...but I'm not Lee Johnson who really doesn't seem to fancy him for some reason.

46 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Not sure what time but LJ said the list is due out today. LJ and Macca on the wireless tonight with 20p to discuss...

I'd expect a few obvious candidates on their way such as Wilbs and O'Neil (Wilbs OOC and Gaz paid up). Possibly Tomlin but imagine he'll be transfer listed.

Mark Little I'd imagine will be offered a 1 year deal and he'll dismiss it and do a Bosman elsewhere.

Why would we want to keep Little. I am the only one who thinks he is not good enough for the Championship.

Just now, WRERE said:

Do we announce people who are going to be transfer listed? I thought it was just about players who's contracts are up.

The phrase "made available for transfer" has been used in the past.

7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

@EnclosureSurge @ExiledAjax

I mentioned Hegeler as I feel he wouldn't be needed as cover for CM/CH. 

Admittedly, he is one of the ones I was in two minds of suggesting as being on the list. The other was Mags.

Like I said, just guesswork on my part.

Cant agree wirh the Hegeler shout. Theres been talk from LJ about using him as someone to build the side around next year.

I know he hasnt had the most game time, but in a relegation fight its better to go back to tried and tested (Smith and Pack) in midfield, than wait for a player to adapt to our leagues speed.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Will the retained list not just be who is offered new contracts? Didn't think that they'll announce who's transfer listed. Always thought that would be kept a bit hush hush.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Not ITK btw, all guesswork on my part.

Nice to see someone admit that..........too many posters on here who think they're itk .........:facepalm:

Bottom line is that kind of info is a strictly confidential matter and very few people know it's content.

7 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

I do t think the retained list is there to highlight who we are transfer listing. It's just for those contracts we aren't renewing and loans we aren't retaining.

6 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Will the retained list not just be who is offered new contracts? Didn't think that they'll announce who's transfer listed. Always thought that would be kept a bit hush hush.

Its common practise for some clubs to announce both together see examples below from Peterborough and Sheff Utd:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39824335

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39784935

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nice to see someone admit that..........too many posters on here who think they're itk .........:facepalm:

Bottom line is that kind of info is a strictly confidential matter and very few people know it's content.

Im surprised and disappointed that no one has yet posted a copy of the retained list, that was found yesterday morning in a greasy spoon on Newfoundland Road.

By the way Im never ITK about anything  - it's all home made rubbish in my case!

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Im surprised and disappointed that no one has yet posted a copy of the retained list, that was found yesterday morning in a greasy spoon on Newfoundland Road.

By the way Im never ITK about anything  - it's all home made rubbish in my case!

Same for me mate. Guaranteed that I've got some, if not all of it wrong.

Fully expect an announcement now saying Flint, Frank, COD and Joey B are up for sale and they are keeping Tomlin and Mark Little... this is City after all...

Just now, Septic Peg said:

Same for me mate. Guaranteed that I've got some of it wrong.

Fully expect an announcement now saying Flint, Frank, COD and Joey B are up for sale and they are keeping Tomlin and Mark Little... this is City after all...

....not forgetting LJ signing a new 10 year contract! :) 

Just now, downendcity said:

....not forgetting LJ signing a new 10 year contract! :) 

Don't jest about that... Just beginning to get over the last extension during last season...

Oh man, I've got that in my head now. He's getting an extension ain't he? Oh no... oh no... :colder:

:argh:

Archived