IGNORED

Retained list due out today

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I don't think it's irrelevant, it shows you have experience coaching at different age group's I wouldn't want wilbs as a assistant head coach, I'd want him to sat with in the coaching set up though, maybe helping with Alex Ball or with Tinman in the academy,

Offering him a player/coach or just a coaching contract doesn't automatically mean he'd be a first team coach 

You can class it experience if you want but it's certainly not relevant experience, especially when we're trying to compete in such a highly competitive league.  

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I don't think it's irrelevant, it shows you have experience coaching at different age group's I wouldn't want wilbs as a assistant head coach, I'd want him to sat with in the coaching set up though, maybe helping with Alex Ball or with Tinman in the academy,

Offering him a player/coach or just a coaching contract doesn't automatically mean he'd be a first team coach 

Where did I talk about or suggest Wilbs ?

I'm pointing out (in response to Dynamite Reds post ) we've had the chance to bring in experience but have gone a 'different route' - 

I look at the trend under SL, Millen forced upon Tinnion, then Coppell, Pemberton forced upon Cotterill and then Johnson, we are told we have these bright young coaches but maybe a coach that has been there and done it would have seen less of the mistakes made this season. You cannot put a price on experience and think it would benefit our backroom staff. Oh well let's give Wilbs the job, he probably been coaching the local school team.

3 hours ago, !james said:

Its common practise for some clubs to announce both together see examples below from Peterborough and Sheff Utd:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39824335

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39784935

"Both have 12 months to run on their contracts and Posh routinely make all such players available". If they wanted by other clubs and go now Posh get a fee for them. In 12 months time, the players can go on a Bosman. In which case, how many of City's squad only have a year to run on their contracts.

14 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I look at the trend under SL, Millen forced upon Tinnion, then Coppell, Pemberton forced upon Cotterill and then Johnson, we are told we have these bright young coaches but maybe a coach that has been there and done it would have seen less of the mistakes made this season. You cannot put a price on experience and think it would benefit our backroom staff. Oh well let's give Wilbs the job, he probably been coaching the local school team.

Not disagreeing with you - I think an experienced Assistant would have been a good idea but instead we brought in Holden , then we got rid of an experienced assistant and replaced him with aother young inexperienced coach

I would suggest that neitherr Holden or JM were 'forced upon' LJ - appears to be his choices to me 

(BTW - reading back to Holdens appointment I see we had the same nonsense again from the club that he came top in the recruitment process - another spooky coincidence that he's also LJs pal / LJ had used him at Oldham - why do they insult our intelligence in this way :grr:

They have made their choices and it may be successful , it may noT

As for Wilbs - My personal opinion and what I hear about him - I'd definitely consider finding a role for him if I could

Lots of knowledge from playing days , played at a better standard than DH or JM and a very good pro and very experienced, and a forward

Anyone can learn to put on a session to varying degrees of expertise but coaching is also about knowing and understanding the game , and one to one relationships with players to get the best out of them 

From everything I hear about Wilbs he'd be excellent in that respect

24 minutes ago, 22A said:

"Both have 12 months to run on their contracts and Posh routinely make all such players available". If they wanted by other clubs and go now Posh get a fee for them. In 12 months time, the players can go on a Bosman. In which case, how many of City's squad only have a year to run on their contracts.

I believe the players the would be out of contract next season will be

Golbourne

Fielding

O'Neil

Brownhill

And these who we have an option of a further year on.

O'Leary

Lucic

Vyner

Pack

Reid 

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

@EnclosureSurge @ExiledAjax

I mentioned Hegeler as I feel he wouldn't be needed as cover for CM/CH. 

Admittedly, he is one of the ones I was in two minds of suggesting as being on the list. The other was Mags.

Like I said, just guesswork on my part.

Hegeler's only problem so far is that he isn't English, in that he hasn't grown up in the hurly-burly of our football. The minute he adapts we have a great player on our hands as he looks technically gifted, strong and possesses a footballing brain, from what I have seen. Don't judge him, or anyone, on that Fulham (h) game, that was the nadir of our season. And possibly Preston (a). And... I think he and Engvall will be far more involved next year and am happy with that, personally. I like the look of both.

4 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Hegeler's only problem so far is that he isn't English, in that he hasn't grown up in the hurly-burly of our football. The minute he adapts we have a great player on our hands as he looks technically gifted, strong and possesses a footballing brain, from what I have seen. Don't judge him, or anyone, on that Fulham (h) game, that was the nadir of our season. And possibly Preston (a). And... I think he and Engvall will be far more involved next year and am happy with that, personally. I like the look of both.

Nice to read something positive about Hegeler - he is classy, but the middle of midfield in the Champ is brutal.  He would be a real asset if he can adapt.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nice to read something positive about Hegeler - he is classy, but the middle of midfield in the Champ is brutal.  He would be a real asset if he can adapt.

I agree, the pace of the game appears to be very different so he was always going to need time to adapt. The first couple of games he played he looked the total package. Aware, intelligent with plenty of ability. Lets not forget we were awful when he came in and Lee's tom bola was in full swing. Given a pre season and a little time to settle he could be a big player for us (yes ,yes 6'4")

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I agree, the pace of the game appears to be very different so he was always going to need time to adapt. The first couple of games he played he looked the total package. Aware, intelligent with plenty of ability. Lets not forget we were awful when he came in and Lee's tom bola was in full swing. Given a pre season and a little time to settle he could be a big player for us (yes ,yes 6'4")

When did LJ  sign this Tom Bola fella - did we pay a fee or was he a loanee?

Just now, brad blit said:

Little should have be sold or at least replaced 2 seasons ago. People who are saying he should stay for longer  and have new contract obviously don't want to progress in this league

Quite right, we should have got rid of him the moment he helped us to promotion (scoring one of the goals in our Wembley victory along the way).  How could he possibly have expected he might have been given a chance the next season?!  And as for the effort and commitment he has shown this season, particularly in the last three months, what has he been thinking of?  Frankly I think selling him is too good for him. 

Just now, brad blit said:

Little should have be sold or at least replaced 2 seasons ago. People who are saying he should stay for longer  and have new contract obviously don't want to progress in this league

Agree but that was then, after that injury wasn't worth his place and lost at least a yard. That said .....
Was decent for the last part of the season, the bit we weren't complete garbage. He gave everything, which is a start, he would be ok as back up as long as we sign someone good in the summer.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Quite right, we should have got rid of him the moment he helped us to promotion (scoring one of the goals in our Wembley victory along the way).  How could he possibly have expected he might have been given a chance the next season?!  And as for the effort and commitment he has shown this season, particularly in the last three months, what has he been thinking of?  Frankly I think selling him is too good for him. 

We did try, Tavernier, Bennett, Fredericks, Matthews all suggest we knew he may struggle to step up. He did now get rid (in the nicest possible way).:laugh:

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I'm not saying he didn't have a good season, but if you looked at that starting 11 that got us promoted and needed to improve a position long term then he would probably have been most people's choice as despite being Fit, hard working and energetic player, he's always been very limited and low on general quality. Yes he's done OK in patches last couple months but still needs to be moved on and improved 

9 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

We did try, Tavernier, Bennett, Fredericks, Matthews all suggest we knew he may struggle to step up. He did now get rid (in the nicest possible way).:laugh:

We did and yet Little has the shirt.

The bloke played out of his skin recently and was back to his best after that injury that seemed to really effect him. Either way, we seem to find it difficult to upgrade as you point out!

All will be revealed shortly

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We did and yet Little has the shirt.

The bloke played out of his skin recently and was back to his best after that injury that seemed to really effect him. Either way, we seem to find it difficult to upgrade as you point out!

All will be revealed shortly

I have a huge amount of respect for the guy but generally our wide players and full backs have been sub standard for years. Time to invest in those positions and let the likes of Vyner, Taylor Moore, Lloyd Kelly be the backup.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

to be fair, we don't know what coaching he's been doing behind the scenes, Look at Johnson, it wasn't until long after he left that we found out he'd been coaching the under 12s (I think),

An exe player doesn't always mean he's a rookie coach

My brother coaches the Under 10s? at Ashton Boys.

Brother normally plays in goal but has been known to play CH. He's a shit goalie from what I've seen.

Ripe for man management would be the BS reason from MA.

Sign him up LJ.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Perhaps I've been hasty. The midfield in the champ is a tough spot to work in like you said Fevs. Certainly don't need him at CH.

He's had more game time than Engvall but less time to settle. Perhaps that's where I'm being hasty.

11 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

My brother coaches the Under 10s? at Ashton Boys.

Brother normally plays in goal but has been known to play CH. He's a shit goalie from what I've seen.

Ripe for man management would be the BS reason from MA.

Sign him up LJ.

Perhaps I've been hasty. The midfield in the champ is a tough spot to work in like you said Fevs. Certainly don't need him at CH.

He's had more game time than Engvall but less time to settle. Perhaps that's where I'm being hasty.

Not hasty at all.  For what it's worth I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.  We might need him at CH :whistle:

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

I have a huge amount of respect for the guy but generally our wide players and full backs have been sub standard for years. Time to invest in those positions and let the likes of Vyner, Taylor Moore, Lloyd Kelly be the backup.

Not sure I completely agree. We were champions by a country mile two years ago. Little even got one at Wembley. We have struggled for two seasons pretty much everywhere to win games but if may quote LJ we had the third most shots in the league. 

Goals from midfield has been a problem. Pack Freeman now someone else's prob GON Smith Brownhill and Odowda barely find the net. 

I suspect Little will be gone however we have failed to actually get a player to replace him effectively until now. As you point out young competition is fierce. We will see

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Not hasty at all.  For what it's worth I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.  We might need him at CH :whistle:

Nah... Flinty is in Dolly's cupboard. It's all good...

Well the retained list isn't out. LJ confirmed on 20p's show that it wasn't ready as he "still needs to speak to a few players on an individual basis and they are on holiday..."

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Nah... Flinty is in Dolly's cupboard. It's all good...

Oh no it's not, Flint drugged Joel Ekstrand, got him tattooed, threw away his woolly cardigan, and used him as a double!  Imagine the scenes when he wakes up. Her Ikea cupboard is gonna smashed up in a rage.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Oh no it's not, Flint drugged Joel Ekstrand, got him tattooed, threw away his woolly cardigan, and used him as a double!  Imagine the scenes when he wakes up. Her Ikea cupboard is gonna smashed up in a rage.

Too right. She is going to be so angry when she takes the bag off his head and realises she`s been duped.

11 hours ago, Alex#40 said:

Personally I wouldn't even debate doing anything with Engvall bar letting him bang a ton of goals in over there and then bringing him back with the intent of using extensively next season...but I'm not Lee Johnson who really doesn't seem to fancy him for some reason.

Over in Sweden at the moment. Engvall played today against Gothenburg but got subbed. However 5 goals in 8 games for a team now up to 3rd in the Swedish league, including a hat trick away last Sunday as we were losing to Birmingham. Hopefully he can bring that form into next season with us, although I fully accept that the Championship is a tougher proposition.

Next season it could be between him & Matty Taylor, who hasn't played badly but has definitely misplaced his shooting boots somewhere down the Gloucester Road!

Archived