IGNORED

Retained list due out today

Septic Peg

Just now, Thatch35 said:

I believe the list I was referring to contains players that finished 3 points off League 1. Says it all. And you guys would be pleased to keep all or the majority? Goodness me.

No I want to keep Brownhill though

Just now, Thatch35 said:

I believe the list I was referring to contains players that finished 3 points off League 1. Says it all. And you guys would be pleased to keep all or the majority? Goodness me.

As did Tammy.. would you not have him back either?

1 minute ago, Thatch35 said:

I've named 2 players out of a list of 9, so certainly not all, and not even close to a majority.

I don't get what's wrong with publicly criticising a player in regards to Mags. He's a professional footballer and if that upsets him, maybe he's in the wrong field. Point is, that's part of the game just as being dropped for a better player at the time. Loads of potential and I love him but he made his mistakes in the last few games before January which cost him his job. Then he got a few chances here and there and didn't take them. If coming out publicly then makes him kick it up a notch then that's the right thing to do. Paterson was sat there for months. He probably felt like he was unjustly froze out but he started working hard and got a chance and took it. He was a key part of our survival and that's what the coaches are looking for. A bit of resilience from the younger players. Earn your spot or sit on the bench. 

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Chelsea finished outside the top 4 last year. Walked the league this year.

Must be because they completely changed their team and brought in a whole new starting 11. 

Oh....

50 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Must be because they completely changed their team and brought in a whole new starting 11. 

Oh....

And the season before that won the league...:whistle:

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Oh....

Nothing wrong with analogies but, that was undoubtably one not to choose.

Mark Little leaving, not really sure how I feel. Been great last third of the season. I wonder how highly paid he was. Need to get a new RB now even though I like Vyner. 

Wilbs gets another year with coaching responsibilities. 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Mark Little leaving, not really sure how I feel. Been great last third of the season. I wonder how highly paid he was. Need to get a new RB now even though I like Vyner. 

Stockhausen appears to believe that a RB is our #1 priority this summer. 

Interesting Wilbs wasn't announced at the same time (unless I missed something), contract talks still going on?

Edit - I did miss it, Wilbs offered chance to extend playing career with coaching duties added, not sure how I feel about that one, hopefully he's taken a pay cut. 

2 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Maybe an idea to keep most of the players but ditch one of the so say supporters!

2 minutes ago, kingswood red said:

Nothing wrong with analogies but, that was undoubtably one not to choose.

Why? Shows you don't need to pull apart the entire team to improve. The squad we have is more than good enough to compete, especially with a year of Championship experience. Huddersfield & Leeds have had great seasons without huge changes to the squad too.

What is the alternative? Sell them and bring in more young and inexperienced players, and have a repeat of last season? Or bring in older, experienced pros like Gary O'Neil/Lee Tomlin and then complain that they're on too much money and haven't performed?

Just now, Shtanley said:

Not really a surprise that Little is released. He had some decent surges in to the opposition box  but was often caught out of position and a liability at times.

Wilbraham getting a player extension of a year with non playing responsibilities was predicted on here by Peg I think.

Meanwhile, club captain Aaron Wilbraham has been offered a new deal to extend his 20-year playing career that includes additional non-playing responsibilities.

Don't understand that, another job for the boys, This club will never learn.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Interesting Wilbs wasn't announced at the same time (unless I missed something), contract talks still going on?

I'd agree tbh. Closely followed by a goalscorer. Then a winger and for me we're done. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

My gran believes RB is out priority. Stockhausen is one of the most inept people on the planet. Anybody who's watched City knows that RB is a problem position for us. I'd imagine Wilbs will be off, can't see us keeping him on his wages unless in a coaching capacity.

Just now, Robbored said:

Not really a surprise that Little is released. He had some decent surges in to the opposition box  but was often caught out of position and a liability at times.

Wilbraham getting a player extension of a year with non playing responsibilities was predicted on here by Peg I think.

He's a big liability but he was looking slightly better than normal. Be interesting to see whether Moore or Vyner are utilised at RB in preseason or which one of them goes out on loan. 

City announce retained list.

• Little departs as defender's contract expires
  • Wilbraham offered new deal
  • Morrell also offered extended terms 
Mark Little will depart Ashton Gate at the conclusion of his contract this summer, City can confirm.

The defender, signed from Peterborough United in 2014, made 102 appearances for the club and scored twice, including a goal at Wembley to cap a man of the match performance in the 2015 Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final.

Head coach Lee Johnson was quick to pay tribute to the 28-year-old, who featured 34 times last season.

Johnson told bcfc.co.uk: “It’s been an absolute pleasure to work with Mark over the last 15 months or so.

“He’s a superb character and personality, and I’d like to thank him for his effort, hard work and determination. We wish him every success in his future career.”

Meanwhile, club captain Aaron Wilbraham has been offered a new deal to extend his 20-year playing career that includes additional non-playing responsibilities.

Youngster Joe Morrell joins a host of development squad players in being offered a new contract.

Max O’Leary, Jojo Wollacott, Ash Harper, Cameron Pring, Connor Lemonheigh-Evans and Jake Andrews have already been offered extensions.

On-loan quartet Fabian Giefer (Schalke 04), Adam Matthews (Sunderland), David Cotterill (Birmingham City) and Tammy Abraham (Chelsea) have returned to their parent clubs.

All other first team players remain under contract for the 2017/18 season.

Just now, Robbored said:

Can't take the credit... twas @Fordy62. He's ITK.

Feel a bit sorry for Little. Inevitable that he would go as probably playing above his level (though I think he can do a job for a Championship team that just wants to stay up and isn't "pushing on") but there's something slightly crass about the way (for me at least) Little more than most put the team on his back for the last month of the season and led the "getting back to basics", did everything in his limited abilities to win, at times in spite of what the manager was trying to do, helped the manager keep his job, and now gets an 'I never rated you anyway' response.

This isn't meant to be a sideways attempt to bash Lee Johnson, nor is there any room for the kind of sentiment that keeps players like Little around, I'm still just sore from last season that I wince at the idea of LJ dishing out verdicts on others, when he quite clearly ran out of ideas himself and needed a core of that older team to help save him.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I'd agree tbh. Closely followed by a goalscorer. Then a winger and for me we're done. 

His list in order 1: Right-back; 2: main striker; 3: goalkeeper; 4: right winger; 5: left-back; 6: Left-sided centre-back; 7: secondary striker.

Just now, Septic Peg said:

City announce retained list.

• Little departs as defender's contract expires
  • Wilbraham offered new deal
  • Morrell also offered extended terms 
Mark Little will depart Ashton Gate at the conclusion of his contract this summer, City can confirm.

The defender, signed from Peterborough United in 2014, made 102 appearances for the club and scored twice, including a goal at Wembley to cap a man of the match performance in the 2015 Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final.

Head coach Lee Johnson was quick to pay tribute to the 28-year-old, who featured 34 times last season.

Johnson told bcfc.co.uk: “It’s been an absolute pleasure to work with Mark over the last 15 months or so.

“He’s a superb character and personality, and I’d like to thank him for his effort, hard work and determination. We wish him every success in his future career.”

Youngster Joe Morrell joins a host of development squad players in being offered a new contract.

Max O’Leary, Jojo Wollacott, Ash Harper, Cameron Pring, Connor Lemonheigh-Evans and Jake Andrews have already been offered extensions.

On-loan quartet Fabian Giefer (Schalke 04), Adam Matthews (Sunderland), David Cotterill (Birmingham City) and Tammy Abraham (Chelsea) have returned to their parent clubs.

All other first team players remain under contract for the 2017/18 season.

Hardly a surprise tbh. No idea why Wilbraham is gonna be here next season unless they're not confident that they're gonna bring in enough talented strikers, or want him to mentor a talented youngster.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

My gran believes RB is out priority. Stockhausen is one of the most inept people on the planet. Anybody who's watched City knows that RB is a problem position for us. I'd imagine Wilbs will be off, can't see us keeping him on his wages unless in a coaching capacity.

Harsh considering with no Tammy it could easily be seen that a first choice striker is our #1 priority. 

Just now, hodge said:

Harsh considering with no Tammy it could easily be seen that a first choice striker is our #1 priority. 

In fairness we currently have 0 first team players who can play at RB. Vyner clearly isn't ready yet. Matthews is back at Sunderland, Little was always likely to be off. On the other hand, it probably was a little harsh, the hate I have for Stockhausen is unreal haha.

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

In fairness we currently have 0 first team players who can play at RB. Vyner clearly isn't ready yet. Matthews is back at Sunderland, Little was always likely to be off. On the other hand, it probably was a little harsh, the hate I have for Stockhausen is unreal haha.

It may not be his primary position but Korey can play right back :P

Obviously not what you meant I know...

Archived