IGNORED

Retained list due out today

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Oh no it's not, Flint drugged Joel Ekstrand, got him tattooed, threw away his woolly cardigan, and used him as a double!  Imagine the scenes when he wakes up. Her Ikea cupboard is gonna smashed up in a rage.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Too right. She is going to be so angry when she takes the bag off his head and realises she`s been duped.

Check your cupboard @Dollymarie... 

5 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Check your cupboard @Dollymarie... 

I've let him have a few days in Vegas, but I've confiscated all his technology and he only has a Nokia brick with him, I have him under surveillance and the only number he has in the phone is mine. He has to answer within 4 rings when I call him, and if he doesn't, hotel security are alerted and go and spy on him for me. :D 

46 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I've let him have a few days in Vegas, but I've confiscated all his technology and he only has a Nokia brick with him, I have him under surveillance and the only number he has in the phone is mine. He has to answer within 4 rings when I call him, and if he doesn't, hotel security are alerted and go and spy on him for me. :D 

Saw he met Olly Murs :laugh:

4 hours ago, hodge said:

So its not been released? Implies that we could still be negotiating with someone over a new contract.

No. He said on the radio yesterday it should be out soon, they still had a few players to speak to in person, but some of those were on holiday currently. I believe those that have gone to Vegas are flying back today. 

13 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I believe the players the would be out of contract next season will be

Golbourne

Fielding

O'Neil

Brownhill

And these who we have an option of a further year on.

O'Leary

Lucic

Vyner

Pack

Reid 

Brownhill will be going nowhere for under 10 million.

About to double his wages. IMO.

15 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I don't think it's irrelevant, it shows you have experience coaching at different age group's I wouldn't want wilbs as a assistant head coach, I'd want him to sat with in the coaching set up though, maybe helping with Alex Ball or with Tinman in the academy,

Offering him a player/coach or just a coaching contract doesn't automatically mean he'd be a first team coach 

You do realise that Tinman has nothing to do with the day to day running of the academy right??!! He is the loan manager based at Failand and works with the young professionals 

1 hour ago, j8mbob said:

You do realise that Tinman has nothing to do with the day to day running of the academy right??!! He is the loan manager based at Failand and works with the young professionals 

director of youth recruitment in charge of bringing young players into the club, he also has or had his own youth academy in spain

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

director of youth recruitment in charge of bringing young players into the club, he also has or had his own youth academy in spain

That's my understanding too. I imagine he is quite hands on, going out to watch a lot etc. He tried the Management side of things before and didn't get on to well did he. He went away and rebuilt his career and now seems to have found where his skills and interests lay. I'm so glad he has done this. 

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

I'll tell you what, if he 'got rid' of Brownhill and Pack my opinion of our Head Coach would become even lower than yours is.

In fact I'd probably boo.

unless we got kodja amounts of money for each one

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I missed the Radio Bristol yesterday.

Anything good/juicy? And more importantly in some ways who has been released? Can't find the retained list...

Nothing juicy I'm afraid.  They're speaking to Chelsea re Tammy.

No retained list yet.  Couple of players on holiday delaying things.  Litts and Wilbs are both away with the rest of the boys.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Nothing juicy I'm afraid.  They're speaking to Chelsea re Tammy.

No retained list yet.  Couple of players on holiday delaying things.  Litts and Wilbs are both away with the rest of the boys.

Well here's hoping...I think no chance myself but here is hoping!

We are always one of the later clubs with it I notice- if I was to guess Wilbs player/coach and Little a new deal. I guess though it's better to be late and right than quick and wrong!

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well here's hoping...I think no chance myself but here is hoping!

We are always one of the later clubs with it I notice- if I was to guess Wilbs player/coach and Little a new deal. I guess though it's better to be late and right than quick and wrong!

Unconfirmed rumour Wilbs was offered coach but wants player/coach... hmmm... 

Unless Wilbs is willing to take a substantial pay cut (on the assumption large wages are how we persuaded him to drop for Prem to L1) then we need to let him go and reinvest the wages elsewhere, in all likelihood he will be our 4th choice striker this coming season and that shouldn't be an expensive player for us.

14 hours ago, hodge said:

Unless Wilbs is willing to take a substantial pay cut (on the assumption large wages are how we persuaded him to drop for Prem to L1) then we need to let him go and reinvest the wages elsewhere, in all likelihood he will be our 4th choice striker this coming season and that shouldn't be an expensive player for us.

Agreed- he's done us proud but his age, his wage- could be better invested elsewhere. 

Need to get the replacement for Tammy right or it could be a long hard season- and Wilbs wages will help with that.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed- he's done us proud but his age, his wage- could be better invested elsewhere. 

Need to get the replacement for Tammy right or it could be a long hard season- and Wilbs wages will help with that.

Massive respect and admiration for Wilbs but read this and thought you make a good point 

Assuming we are actually working to a budget then , as you say his wages could be better utilised elsewhere and hopefully towards a proven goalscorer 

There are all sorts of ways to cover Wilbs wages if SL wanted to keep him here as an extra but otherwise you've changed my mind (unless Lee thinks he can regain fitness and be a genuine option on the pitch again next season)

Archived