IGNORED

Retained list due out today

Septic Peg

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed- he's done us proud but his age, his wage- could be better invested elsewhere. 

Need to get the replacement for Tammy right or it could be a long hard season- and Wilbs wages will help with that.

I would agree with this, but only if we were struggling with being able to find the wages for a top striker. I would be very concerned if Wilbs wages were putting any strain on the club.

I would guess Wilbs will be on a high wage for League One, but an average amount for the championship.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Have we got to the today when the list is out?

No, but in other news Preston have only just today announced their ST prices. Strange how every club works so differently.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed- he's done us proud but his age, his wage- could be better invested elsewhere. 

Need to get the replacement for Tammy right or it could be a long hard season- and Wilbs wages will help with that.

Unless the club see serious potential and benefit to him being a coach here. Would they show him the door and he goes elsewhere to complete his badges whilst playing at the same time, if that what he wants or do we invest in a future coach by letting him do that here? If he moves away he won't be back so we could lose out. Personally I  see limited playing, but still playing, whilst doing badges and then we will go from here.

Judging by what Stockhausen is saying, I'm guessing we had an option on Brownhills contract to add another year then. On the OS it says he only signed for 2 years last season. 

Dont agree at all with AS about his negotiating position being weaker though, what if he has a better season & then is only left with a year on his contract, if anything puts us in a weaker situation (Maynard) 

IMG_7233.PNG

IMG_7234.PNG

32 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Judging by what Stockhausen is saying, I'm guessing we had an option on Brownhills contract to add another year then. On the OS it says he only signed for 2 years last season. 

Dont agree at all with AS about his negotiating position being weaker though, what if he has a better season & then is only left with a year on his contract, if anything puts us in a weaker situation (Maynard) 

IMG_7233.PNG

IMG_7234.PNG

Bit worried if we are after a left-sided centre back. Hope that isn't bad news in terms of Mags...

16 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Bit worried if we are after a left-sided centre back. Hope that isn't bad news in terms of Mags...

If you were Mags would you want to stay after so wrongly been made the public scapegoat after Preston? I would have been on to my Agent straight away, and I cannot believe that's not happened. I would be amazed if he starts the season with us, sadly.

18 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Depends who's on the radar. Mags is ok but people get clouded by his excellent PR/social media interaction. 

His being replaced by Bailey Wright was one of the saviours of our season. 

A reasonable player individually but didn't fit in to the team as well as hoped. Maybe struggled with adapting to the English game. 

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

But 'e wears a suit and talks all funny wiv long words and stuff. 

Think it was his spin and bulls***t and corporate buzz words that needles people / people took issue with

Not  'wiv long words and stuff' where you insult and imply that the people that don't like him or elements of him are thick

Likewise Using buzzwords and corporate sound bites doesn't mean you're intelligent 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think it was his spin and bulls***t and corporate buzz words that needles people / people took issue with

Not  'wiv long words and stuff' where you insult and imply that the people that don't like him or elements of him are thick

Likewise Using buzzwords and corporate sound bites doesn't mean you're intelligent 

using them and then following through with things does however, People took issue simply because he was in a position of power at the club, they still will,

Just now, Monkeh said:

using them and then following through with things does however, People took issue simply because he was in a position of power at the club, they still will,

Think you'll find not always follow through

its stuff as his constant Ensuring the right DNA quotes , followed by the signing of Matthews and Tomlin

and his claim that LJ was appointed after an exhaustive process that makes him look Plenty fallible

Because everyone doesn't lap it up is nothing to do with taking issue because he's in a position of power - utter nonsense

the odd one or two maybe but it's not too difficult to see through the bullshit parts is it - perhaps it is for some 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Lighten up Bob, it's the off season ;) if nothing else it's a welcome relief from Cotts vs LJ.

Didn't imply anyone was thick. In fact we're one of the most intelligent (and devilishly handsome) group of fans around IMO. 

It was a tongue in cheek reference to one of the biggest criticisms you see of him - as you say - using 'corporate buzz words' - which is completely unrelated to his actual job or his ability to do it. It's a lazy criticism. The way he talks is no more relevant to his ability to perform his job than his hairstyle or dress sense or favourite flavour Cornetto (though if it's anything other than mint then I can no longer defend him). 

He speaks corporate lingo? As an employee in a corporate world? Shock horror. In other news Adam Matthews isn't going on mastermind! 

32 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Depends who's on the radar. Mags is ok but people get clouded by his excellent PR/social media interaction. 

His being replaced by Bailey Wright was one of the saviours of our season. 

A reasonable player individually but didn't fit in to the team as well as hoped. Maybe struggled with adapting to the English game. 

The thing is though that he's relatively young and playing in a new country. I can see why he was dropped (though not why he was criticised after Preston) but what he did show in the first half of the season was a lot of potential. I also think a lot of the problem was that he and Flint didn't quite form the right partnership. That's not necessarily his fault (or indeed Flint's) but firstly we don't know if Flint will be here next season and secondly that isn't to say that partnership cannot be formed.

Let's also not forget that Flint was not great in his first season with us. Some players need time and, if we are to buy more players from abroad (and we should, if that is where the value for money is to be found) then the reality is some of those players will take a year or so to adapt. We risk a situation where we have a player for a year, move them on before they settle, sign someone else who needs a year to settle and again ad infinitum. If we let Magnusson go, then I am convinced that in three or four years time we will be wondering why on Earth we did that...

Think you'll find not always follow through

its stuff as his constant Ensuring the right DNA quotes , followed by the signing of Matthews and Tomlin

and his claim that LJ was appointed after an exhaustive process that makes him look Plenty fallible

Because everyone doesn't lap it up is nothing to do with taking issue because he's in a position of power - utter nonsense

the odd one or two maybe but it's not too difficult to see through the bullshit parts is it - perhaps it is for some 

Mathews was only a loan in a position we were short in and he preformed well there, did you say at the time why are we signing this player because he was crap?

Tomlin when he signed he and johnson both said he was a maverick and it would be up to them to manage him they didn't manage it, but the outcry on here had we not signed him would of been even more unbearable and you'd be using that to slag him off now,

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Lighten up Bob, it's the off season ;) if nothing else it's a welcome relief from Cotts vs LJ.

Didn't imply anyone was thick. In fact we're one of the most intelligent (and devilishly handsome) group of fans around IMO. 

It was a tongue in cheek reference to one of the biggest criticisms you see of him - as you say - using 'corporate buzz words' - which is completely unrelated to his actual job or his ability to do it. It's a lazy criticism. The way he talks is no more relevant to his ability to perform his job than his hairstyle or dress sense or favourite flavour Cornetto (though if it's anything other than mint then I can no longer defend him). 

He speaks corporate lingo? As an employee in a corporate world? Shock horror. In other news Adam Matthews isn't going on mastermind! 

Sorry 86 but you're out of order on this one IMHO

You're 'Wiv long words' sentence is exactly what you accuse people of in relation to Ashton - you're labelling them in the way you actually accuse them of, in reverse

You can't see the irony

Not going to fall out about it but it's a cheap badly aimed shot IMHO

And see above for a couple of examples of bullshit , not buzzwords , just bullshit

The jury's out on MA for me , pluses and minuses but I can see thro bullshit from 100 yds

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Mathews was only a loan in a position we were short in and he preformed well there, did you say at the time why are we signing this player because he was crap?

Tomlin when he signed he and johnson both said he was a maverick and it would be up to them to manage him they didn't manage it, but the outcry on here had we not signed him would of been even more unbearable and you'd be using that to slag him off now,

Didn't want Tomlin on a permanent and expressed my concerns

Matthews I knew less of and thus relied on the judhpgement of those within football that are extremely well paid to know

How about his claim about our Head Coaches appointment ?

Didn't want Tomlin on a permanent and expressed my concerns

Matthews I knew less of 

How about his claim about our Head Coaches appointment ?

I think it's true, we were looking for someone who is the right fit for the club, and those in a positions of power think thats johnson, It's the reason he hasn't been sacked hen 99% of other managers would of,

I'll put it another way, before MA we struggled to sign the players we wanted, after MA we managed to sign the players we wanted, 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I think it's true, we were looking for someone who is the right fit for the club, and those in a positions of power think thats johnson, It's the reason he hasn't been sacked hen 99% of other managers would of,

I'll put it another way, before MA we struggled to sign the players we wanted, after MA we managed to sign the players we wanted, 

I'm not getting into a long debate about MA

As I've said he has pluses and minuses for me , he appears to get signings over the line , , a vital part of his role , whether they are the right ones and enough, time will only tell

Would be helpful if he didn't insult people's intelligence at times

My issue was with the generalisation of 86's post and his invention of a phrase inferring critics were thick IMHO - give the vast majority of football fans credit , they aren't susceptible to bull

Cest la vie

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The thing is though that he's relatively young and playing in a new country. I can see why he was dropped (though not why he was criticised after Preston) but what he did show in the first half of the season was a lot of potential. I also think a lot of the problem was that he and Flint didn't quite form the right partnership. That's not necessarily his fault (or indeed Flint's) but firstly we don't know if Flint will be here next season and secondly that isn't to say that partnership cannot be formed.

Let's also not forget that Flint was not great in his first season with us. Some players need time and, if we are to buy more players from abroad (and we should, if that is where the value for money is to be found) then the reality is some of those players will take a year or so to adapt. We risk a situation where we have a player for a year, move them on before they settle, sign someone else who needs a year to settle and again ad infinitum. If we let Magnusson go, then I am convinced that in three or four years time we will be wondering why on Earth we did that...

I agree with that. I hope he stays, but if LJ thinks he can upgrade on him and/or IF Mags is unhappy, then it will be a shame but that's football. 

If he wasn't such a likeable charachter then people probably wouldn't be too fussed about whether he stayed or not. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'm not getting into a long debate about MA

As I've said he has pluses and minuses for me , he appears to get signings over the line , , a vital part of his role , whether they are the right ones and enough, time will only tell

Would be helpful if he didn't insult people's intelligence at times

My issue was with the generalisation of 86's post and his invention of a phrase inferring critics were thick IMHO - give the vast majority of football fans credit , they aren't susceptible to bull

Cest la vie

oh I agree with you there, I hate generalization, apart from when the gas are involved as they all are really thick as pigshit

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

IMG_7233.PNG

IMG_7234.PNG

Pretty much the same as I've heard re Alby  

If Magnusson leaves I'm so done. 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry 86 but you're out of order on this one IMHO

You're 'Wiv long words' sentence is exactly what you accuse people of in relation to Ashton - you're labelling them in the way you actually accuse them of, in reverse

You can't see the irony

And see above for a couple of examples of bullshit , not buzzwords , just bullshit

The jury's out on MA for me , pluses and minuses but I can see thro bullshit from 100 yds

It was actually an attempt at a Bristolian accent via text. I thought I did quite well.

From what I can tell MA is doing a very good job at what he was brought in to do. Many people simply can't look past his 'buzzwords' and choose to dislike him based on the way he talks.

Doubt he minds if people like him because of that though - he's not here to win supporters hearts.

Too many people stuck in the past who think a huge corporate business operates like a pub team. 

Archived