IGNORED

Champions League Final: Question

SARJ

Morning Gents,

Hoping somebody can help with a bit of general info.

As I’m sure you’re all aware, the Champions League final between Real & Juve is being held in Cardiff on June 3rd.

Planning on heading over with a group of mates just to enjoy the atmosphere, all day sesh and watch the game in one of the Sports Bars.

However, was wondering if anyone knew anything about obtaining tickets on the day & what cost we could expect? Obviously it’s a sell out and you can no longer buy from official sources online. But has anyone ever used ticket touts or other online agents? Do we need to be weary of fake tickets etc. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, ideally from someone who's perhaps done a CL final or similar before.

As said, happy to just go over & enjoy the day, but getting tickets would be a bonus.

Cheers

23 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Morning Gents,

As I’m sure you’re all aware, the Champions League final between Real & Juve is being held in Cardiff on June 3rd.

Planning on heading over with a group of mates just to enjoy the atmosphere, all day sesh and watch the game in one of the Sports Bars.

However, was wondering if anyone knew anything about obtaining tickets on the day & what cost we could expect? Obviously it’s a sell out and you can no longer buy from official sources online. But has anyone ever used ticket touts or other online agents? Do we need to be weary of fake tickets etc. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, ideally from someone who's perhaps done a CL final or similar before.

As said, happy to just go over & enjoy the day, but getting tickets would be a bonus.

Cheers

I was looking at tickets the other day and the cheapest I could find were £1200 each. I've never bought tickets from a third party site like viagogo etc and I feel uneasy about it. Personally as it's so expensive I won't be buying any. If you want tickets from UEFA you have to apply months before hand and hope you get selected , and original prices start from £40.

Just had another look and I found some at £900 but I still wouldn't recommend buying tickets from these sites.

Tickets appear to have been long gone - the best way from my experience is to take some cash and just ask around in pubs etc there is usually someone in a party who fails to make it for whatever reason.

You may just be lucky .

As an aside anyone remember the cup match at home to Middlesboro a few years back - well I couldn't get a ticket so decided to take some cash down and see if I could get a ticket.

Got to about 2.45 and I saw a couple of chaps holding tickets in the Williams car parkand looking a bit lost and asked if they had any spare tickets. To cut a long story short they were friends of Enoch Showumni and had a spare complimentary ticket which they gladly gave to me - wouldn't accept a penny.

So ended up in The Williams sat next to Louis Carey's mum and enjoyed the hospitality in the players lounge at full time where I met the team.

5 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

A good mate of mine is one of Cardiffs top lads, he's also a tout, 

So he beats up football fans and he rips off football fans? And he's Welsh. And he's your mate? Did all the serial killers turn you down on facebook? 

6 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

A good mate of mine is one of Cardiffs top lads, he's also a tout, Ashes tickets can go for £200 plus, this is going to be stupid money!

The important thing is does Ash have any tickets for the Champions League final?

10 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

A good mate of mine is one of Cardiffs top lads, he's also a tout, Ashes tickets can go for £200 plus, this is going to be stupid money!

Sounds like you are really scraping the barrel for friends! 

I'd suggest taking an evening class or joining a social group, where you may be exposed to people who aren't scum. 

I went into the original ballot. Loved the original instructions...the preferred method of payment was Mastercard (what a shock). If successful, punters were warned to take ID with them to Cardiff such as a passport. The application required you to input your passport number. The ticket was to be matched against the ID... which was to be shown on the night. I rarely apply for tickets to big events so all of this may be perfectly normal...but I personally was quite surprised at the levels of security.

On 5/15/2017 at 11:18, SARJ said:

Morning Gents,

Cheers

You'd do well to get a ticket for less than £1k

26 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I went into the original ballot. Loved the original instructions...the preferred method of payment was Mastercard (what a shock). If successful, punters were warned to take ID with them to Cardiff such as a passport. The application required you to input your passport number. The ticket was to be matched against the ID... which was to be shown on the night. I rarely apply for tickets to big events so all of this may be perfectly normal...but I personally was quite surprised at the levels of security.

I've applied in the ballot for europa league and champions league tickets with a mate and we got tickets for the europa final. We had to give passport numbers etc but now the tickets have arrived they are all in 1 persons name with no passport details anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

That's routine in Italy, every ticket has to have a name on it and you have to show matching ID to get in with it.

Whether it'll be checked in Cardiff is doubtful.

Archived