IGNORED

Ibiza - anyone been thats not a clubber?

Big Red Rich

So ive just booked a couple of cheap flights for me and the missus in October to Ibiza. Whilst 15 years ago i might have been up for a bit of eye ball paul action those days are behind me now! So question is where should we stay for a quietish weekend? Wouldn't mind a trip to see the sunset at Cafe del mar but dont fancy spending 10€ a drink everywhere we go! 

So any ideas from you lot would be much appreciated! 

Just now, Big Red Rich said:

So ive just booked a couple of cheap flights for me and the missus in October to Ibiza. Whilst 15 years ago i might have been up for a bit of eye ball paul action those days are behind me now! So question is where should we stay for a quietish weekend? Wouldn't mind a trip to see the sunset at Cafe del mar but dont fancy spending 10€ a drink everywhere we go! 

So any ideas from you lot would be much appreciated! 

Sunset at Cafe Mambo now my friend!

The drink prices in San Antonio are regular prices, and during that time the season is almost over so you won't see that many "lads on tour" types about. Might be raining by then!

San Antonio isn't that bad at all, you get mixed ages of people. Ranging from old couples, families, to the people wanting to party (who normally appear late at night while others have gone to bed, or gone for a meal)

San Antonio is fine in my opinion, then just get the bus to IbizaTown etc or wherever you wish to go!

I went for a friend's wedding a few years back: he and his wife were both heavily into the club and pills scene (and had been since the early 1990s): not my cup of tea at all. There was a joint stag and hen do on a boat for sunset, and then we were told the plans were to meet at 11.45pm to head out to some club. I just shook my head: bed-time for this old git.
Back on topic, we were staying on Cala Talamanca, just outside of Ibiza town, and I found it really nice: loads of decent places to eat, drink, and stroll; and it never felt like I was in clubbers' hell.

On 15/05/2017 at 21:57, Rob k said:

We stayed in a place callled portinax which was really nice and quiet

Beat me to it - lovely cove 

On 16/05/2017 at 10:18, Big Red Rich said:

Ive booked to stay in Es Cana, anyone know it?!

Where the 'Hippy Market' is IIRC

pretty laid back for Ibiza

Decent choice IMO

On 16/05/2017 at 10:18, Big Red Rich said:

Ive booked to stay in Es Cana, anyone know it?!

Used to go to San Antonio every summer in the early 90s but went to Es Cana with the family a few years back and it was great. Nice long beach and plenty of decent bars and restaurants 

As mentioned above, the Hippy Market is worth a look when it's open

You can catch a ferry from Es Cana to Ibiza Town which is definitely worth a visit for the day

More recently, we went to Santa Eulalia which was really good too. Quite a bit bigger than Es Cana and I would say I preferred it there to be honest, it's  pretty close to Es Cana so yo could head round there in a cab for a night out if you fancied it. The apartment they stayed in in Kevin and Perry is above an Italian restaurant here 

Sorry for waffling on - in short, I think you will be pleased with your choice!

Archived